Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the Season

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Six weeks to go. Who will you vote for a Player of the Season this time round?

No one really stands out for me.
Forster might have done for his scoring exploits earlier in the season, but his silly spat with Gus put paid to that.
Murray has plenty of skill, but too inconsistent.
The CBs have improved immensly under Gus, but after their crap start to the season can they really be considered?
Full backs both on loan and have not played enough of the season.
Would have considered Michel if he hadn't been a) injured, b) lost his place.
That leaves midfield.
Bennett ... too inconsistent.
Navarro .. has only recently come good.
Which leaves Crofts and Dicker.
Guess I'll vote for one of them. No one else to consider really. It has never been this difficult in past seasons.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Many people feel Andy Whing only won it based on the last six matches last year, I wouldn't rule anyone out based on a poor start to the season, or an injury-filled end to it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Am inclined to vote Dicker despite that tedious short corner thing (tho to be fair he's probably only doing there what he's been told to do, probably due to some dumb kind of Charlie Oatway initiative)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bennett is in the top 3.
Forster would of been a shoe in if he'd carried on the way he was going.
Dicker or Crofts maybe but not done anywhere near enough for me to win it.

Very hard , no stand out again. Generally been pretty shit all round bar the last 3 weeks

Still up for grabs I think

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Many people feel Andy Whing only won it based on the last six matches last year, I wouldn't rule anyone out based on a poor start to the season, or an injury-filled end to it.

whing won it because he was the only player who looked like he gave a toss who was illegible for the vote. the club realised they could have had the FARCICAL situation whereby somebody who had played a handful of games, such as owusu, could have ended up being player of the season, and so to avoid the embarassment invoked that "must have played in x amount of games" rule

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
whing won it because he was the only player who looked like he gave a toss who was illegible for the vote. the club realised they could have had the FARCICAL situation whereby somebody who had played a handful of games, such as owusu, could have ended up being player of the season, and so to avoid the embarassment invoked that "must have played in x amount of games" rule

That rule has been about for years.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Please justify for me. I don't see what he gives the team, wonder goal aside!

Behave, every time he's on the ball he looks so composed. How can you not see it? For example yesterday when he picked up the ball in his own half, right on the touchline and with his back to goal, he feinted as if to play a risky pass across the back four, before dragging his foot back and turning his man up the line and pushing on. If anything, I'd say he's been extremely goal shy despite the fact he scored a 'wonder goal' the other week. We've hardly been showered with free scoring central midfielders in recent years anyway, so to have Crofts score about six this season is a luxury!

Gary Dicker is the kind of player we need in our squad. Very reliable, always demanding the ball from the back four and has from what I've seen linked up well with LuaLua by releasing him early.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here