Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play music when we score?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No, no and thrice no!

When a goal is scored is the last time that music is required. It's when the fans should celebrate spontaneously, not be drilled into responding to a particular piece of music.

I hope it never, ever, happens.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Please God no no no no no no no never. It's cringe-makingly bad enough already at Withdean when Samrah urges us all to 'get behind the team'.

I don't believe it's inevitable at Falmer, indeed if there was a choice between having goal music at Falmer or us staying at Withdean and ultimately going out of business I'd have to think REALLY hard about what would be the worse option.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Goal music doesn't even make sense. Why do clubs want to ruin the ONLY moment they're guaranteed any noise from the crowd by blasting some shit song over it?
It's appalling. I would genuinely not go if we had it.
It gives me consolation when we concede away from home and then they play music, because we might be losing to them, but at least we're not that plastic.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this Idea is a bit "Primark"

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Surely we are not the only fans in the country that are against such things!!
Very true, I agree. But maybe we're the only ones who've got a track record in getting organised against stuff we don't like.
It's appalling. I would genuinely not go if we had it.
Seconded wholeheartedly.

Just to be clear: Falmer is going to need marketing hard in order to fill it with people that aren't aficionados like us, no question: family days, Alsatian dogs leaping through burning rings etc - actually I'd love that. But I'm sure these newbies will want to hear the sweet music of loud goal celebrations unspoilt by Ready To Go by Republica. We won't be druv.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Perhaps that catchy little tune from Sheilas Wheels, sponsors of ITV National Weather, could be used to clear the stadium at full time.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Nope, it is very sad when you need music to get you singing or even to celebratre a goal
Very MK Donsesque
:wozza::shootself

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Im pretty sure this subject was brought up on the 'ask the club' section and insider said that goal celebration music will definitely not be used at falmer.

Dandyman

In London village.
Anyone who thinks this is would be a good idea should be banned. Permanently.

Amen. It's something for Yanks and small children not for proper football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here