Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch invasion

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Yeah we're definitely going to get points deducted for having a pitch invasion, It was full time, we got promoted, it happens every single season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Reflecting on it this morning and I still can't believe how badly the club f***ed this up. The pitch invasion was great, brilliant but then people got off the pitch sensibly and awaited the arrival of the players. Perfect.

Then some f***ing idiot, my guess is Richard Hebbard, decided to "punish" the fans for being naughty, and got Samrah to make that announcement, over and over again!!! It's a football match, we got promoted, people were having fun in a sensible non violent way. It was perfect and yet some cock decided to act like they were running a nursery!!!

Hebbard if it was him should be sacked.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Reflecting on it this morning and I still can't believe how badly the club f***ed this up. The pitch invasion was great, brilliant but then people got off the pitch sensibly and awaited the arrival of the players. Perfect.

Then some f***ing idiot, my guess is Richard Hebbard, decided to "punish" the fans for being naughty, and got Samrah to make that announcement, over and over again!!! It's a football match, we got promoted, people were having fun in a sensible non violent way. It was perfect and yet some cock decided to act like they were running a nursery!!!

Hebbard if it was him should be sacked.

I agree it was ridiculous, and people getting all precious over Samrah - for 'just following orders' when has that ever
been a valid excuse?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The only thing which I objected to was the people trying to steal the players shirts etc. I didn't go on the pitch but it was marvellous scenes!
Also I agree the club completely f***ed up, left a sour taste in many peoples mouths in what was supposed to be a promotion party

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
This thread is worse than a national enquiry. It happened... move on.

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
If the original decision and the announcements that followed it were made in the interests of 'elf and safety then it was overkill. If that was the reason then the decision to reverse the original decision was even worse. Mrs Inkerman and myself were nearly out of the ground from the South Stand when we heard GOSBTS (I think) and applause suggesting that something was happening. We then turned and forced our way back against the mass of deaf idiots still trying to leave - then because we couldn't see from the running track we had to climb the grass bank beside A Block (slid back down twice), cling onto the fence and pull ourselves up and then work our way to a vantage point in A Block by pushing past people and climbing over seats , all less than easy and not elegant at our ages.
MUCH safer just to have left everybody where they were when the horrible, nasty, vicious, threatening thugs had finally been cleared off of the pitch.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought it was obvious the players would come back out. To be honest, when Paul Samrah made the announcement they wouldn't be coming out, I thought it was to get the crowd down, so that when the players came out the explosion of noise would be louder.

Even when they didn't I suspected the players would at least come out for a warm down, so I didn't rush out of the ground.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This thread is worse than a national enquiry. It happened... move on.

This.

It's also funny watching people blame the stewards using names like Nazi's etc. They were expecting an invasion and only gave token resistance as one would expect. And this is how it's been done ever since we've been at Withdean. Implying they're the children of the devil or supporters of Hitler - well ridiculous !!! It's not only the people complaining about the pitch invasion that need to calm down but also the people complaining about the people complaining about the pitch invasion. It's text book stuff :

1. Programme notes say keep off the pitch
2. Announcer says keep off the pitch
3. Final whistle goes and people run on the pitch
4. Stewards stick their arms out to show they're attempting to do their job
5. Everybody ignores the stewards and continues to invade
6. The announcer continues to say keep off the pitch

Given it happens EVERY time in EXACTLY this way, why is anybody surprised or moaning ? Some people need to get a perspective on life :facepalm:

ForeverAGull

Jul 14, 2010
East Sussex
:dunce: What idiots ,now they wont see the lap of honour ,and you never know what the F.A might say ,if we get points taken away for it ,how happy will those losers feel then ? complete idiots

Shut the f*** up. When have you ever seen a team get promoted and not go on the pitch and it's not our flat the idot announcer told every one they wernt going to come out, I'm sure you couldn't of been that far out the ground when the players came back out as it was only about 3 mins after everyone left the pitch stop bitching and start celebrating you tit!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The only thing which I objected to was the people trying to steal the players shirts etc. I didn't go on the pitch but it was marvellous scenes!
Also I agree the club completely f***ed up, left a sour taste in many peoples mouths in what was supposed to be a promotion party

Agreed, Bridcutt said to the bbc that he lost everything. All for pitch invasions if needed, but nicking all of a players clothes, boots, socks, shin pads etc, is not really on.

Defo Hebbard that made Samrah announce the teams won't be coming back out too

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Best part was the majority of the crowd shouting 'off off off' to the few on the pitch

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sorry, but a fair few real supporters left after the announcement that Gus and team would not be coming back out after the invasion. The moronic minority ruined it for a large number of the fans.

Agreed, I know everyone gets excited and rightly so, but surely its' better for everyone to get to see the team rather than the few?

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Everyone who ran on the pitch last night are TOSSERS.

The crowd are booing them and they still put their hands up when they come back off as if they are heros, "ooh look at me, I'm well hard, I went on the pitch"

This happened at the end of the season a few years ago (can't quite remember which year). We were already safe from relegation before the final game, but people just ran on the pitch on the final whistle anyway. And because of those idiots, the team didn't come out for a lap. What a shit way to end the season.

To be honest, it would have been a good idea not to have brought the team out last night as it would have dissuaded the pricks from doing it again in the final two games. The fact they came out anyway was a mess-up of the highest order which lead to a lot of people unfortunately missing the lap of honour, I suspect that the waiting media had something to do with it.

Last edited:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Agreed, Bridcutt said to the bbc that he lost everything. All for pitch invasions if needed, but nicking all of a players clothes, boots, socks, shin pads etc, is not really on.

Exactly. Fair enough if he'd given them away but stealing them is just not on at all... I'm sure we'll see them on ebay in a couple of days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here