Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piss Poor Palace attendance tonight

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Been hearing all this plastic fans bollox from the nigels for ages now, who cannot accept the simple fact, we are a far better supported club.

Tonight AT HOME against good championship opposition - how may real palace fans are there? (and this includes some from Middlesborough)

Att: 5,448 :lolol:

What a joke club

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They were always a fickle crowd.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
:lolol: Let's all laugh at Palace!

laughbounce3.gif
roll2.gif
wave.gif
lol1.gif
rofl.gif

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Well we did play them on Saturday so I think that takes some of the gloss off the fixture. You can laugh all you want, we still beat the best team at present in the league and once again, our academy players were the stars.

I'd try and compare our attendances to some of yours in the League Cup, but I'm pretty sure you get knocked out most seasons in the first round?

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Well we did play them on Saturday so I think that takes some of the gloss off the fixture. You can laugh all you want, we still beat the best team at present in the league and once again, our academy players were the stars.

I'd try and compare our attendances to some of yours in the League Cup, but I'm pretty sure you get knocked out most seasons in the first round?

Over 16k against Gillingham in Round One.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

But according to your lot there are only 7000 real albion fans because thats all we could fit into withdean....... can fit 26000 into Selhurst, but you only managed 5448.

Buy 1 get 5 free?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Comparing our situations is completely pointless. I know plenty of non Brighton supporters who went to the Gillingham game, it was a good chance to see Falmer and another chance for Brighton fans to see their new home.

I just saw that you only had 2,000 against Barnet the last time you were at home in the Carling Cup against dull opposition, so what's your point?

I can see us playing Liverpool in the 4th round and beating them regardless of the attendance :)

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
As much as I love slating the Palace, as much as I think Little Al is a polished turd, as much as I'd love to see them humbled at every opportunity, as much as I feel enraged every time I see someone wearing that odious red and blue kit, and as much as I'd love to have the wings of a seagull and the arse of a cow, can we stop this pathetic p*ss-taking of their Carling Cup crowds. The comeback from them is sooooo easy, how many would we have got at The Withdean against Middlesborough, in the same competition - probably about the same.
Until we have 5 or 6 years of the kind of crowds we're getting now, let's just ignore their attendances. We all know their gates go up and down depending on the opposition, as much as ours used to. Remember we haven't had the kind of crowds we are getting now for the best part of 30yrs and those of us who put up with the Withdean for the last dozen years remember the crap atmosphere and crowds - yes, I know it was because of the crap ground we had, but the figures on paper don't lie. The scum have had better gates than us for ages, one swallow does not a summer make.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
As much as I love slating the Palace, as much as I think Little Al is a polished turd, as much as I'd love to see them humbled at every opportunity, as much as I feel enraged every time I see someone wearing that odious red and blue kit, and as much as I'd love to have the wings of a seagull and the arse of a cow, can we stop this pathetic p*ss-taking of their Carling Cup crowds. The comeback from them is sooooo easy, how many would we have got at The Withdean against Middlesborough, in the same competition - probably about the same.
Until we have 5 or 6 years of the kind of crowds we're getting now, let's just ignore their attendances. We all know their gates go up and down depending on the opposition, as much as ours used to. Remember we haven't had the kind of crowds we are getting now for the best part of 30yrs and those of us who put up with the Withdean for the last dozen years remember the crap atmosphere and crowds - yes, I know it was because of the crap ground we had, but the figures on paper don't lie. The scum have had better gates than us for ages, one swallow does not a summer make.

Brighton fan in speaking sense shocker.

Well done that man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here