Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pietersen Resigns as England Captain

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I'm so glad KP has gone, this is exactly what he did with Nottinghamshire and he has proven once again what a 110% grade A wanker he really is. If he had any decency he would of been in this country, not on a Safari with his f***ing friends in South Africa! I for one, hope this clown never plays for England again!

Fool.

He may have a big ego but why is that? Because he is one of the best in the WORLD, and just about our only world class player. I for one hope he comes back more committed and stronger than ever for England.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The main aim of the majority of England cricket fans is to regain the Ashes from Australia, so the first question we have to ask is - can we do it without Pietersen? You'd think not.

In order for this matter to be put to bed properly one of the things that will need to happen is for the England's Ashes captain to be strong-minded and his own man. I don't think Strauss IS that man - if he was then why was he passed over in favour of Pietersen in the first place? The same can be said of Collingwood.

No option is ideal. My personal choice would be to have Michael Vaughan back - all of the players could unite behind him, Bell really needs to be replaced, he'd be up for it, he's one of the best captains around and the Aussies respect him because he's got form against them.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
So where does this leave our preparations for the Ashes? I've heard it argued both ways: English cricketers all seem to say it's chaos and disaster and Aussie cricketers are saying it's bad for them because England will come together in adversity, unite and play better for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here