Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is a great shame to say the least

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
One test wonder along with Alan Wells.

PG

Ah, thank you. I was convinced it was more than that. I was good friends with his son and used to tag along to most games when we weren't at school. He would probably have had quite a decent one day career with England, if he had played in the noughties. Electric fielder if I remember correctly.

I seem to remember that Alan Wells nicked the first ball of his second innings, but did not walk. That would have been some record for a batsman. One cap wonder with two golden quackers.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
KP has got a major Ego problem and I'm glad hes gone, no one man is biiger than the team or even the ECB for that matter and making ultimatums just because you dont get one with one bloke is pathetic. Hes a a great batsman so get me wrong, but he even plays for himself when he's out in the middle and I had an incling when he was made Captain that he would f*** up along the way. Lets just hope he gets his head down and carries on batting decently.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We won the Ashes in 81 with a captain who did very little other than captain the side.

And won the Ashes in '86-7 with a captain who doubled up as the Tour Party food taster

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
_45354900_kp_moores466.jpg

KP wouldn't do as he was told...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Apparently KP is on holiday in South Africa.
After a series away from your family you dont go on holiday, you go home.

South Africa is Kevin P`s home................. isn`t it ? He is not English. It is a flag of convenience he flies much like Zola Budd did all those years ago.

Perhaps Graeme Smith will welcome him back ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Apparently KP is on holiday in South Africa.
After a series away from your family you dont go on holiday, you go home.

South Africa is Kevin P`s home................. isn`t it ? He is not English. It is a flag of convenience he flies much like Zola Budd did all those years ago.

Perhaps Graeme Smith will welcome him back ?

KP made a stance against the Saffie Cricket Board and their positive descimination policy. That is why he ended up playing for England and gaining residency qualification and why the saffies hate him.

Personally I would go for an experienced coach and bring in Graham Hick as batting coach.

Although KP has said he will still tour the west Indies, it is reported that the English players did not support him, and therefore it would not surprise me in the slightest if he doesnt team up with his best mate Shane warne in teh IPL

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
KP made a stance against the Saffie Cricket Board and their positive descimination policy. That is why he ended up playing for England and gaining residency qualification and why the saffies hate him.

Personally I would go for an experienced coach and bring in Graham Hick as batting coach.

Although KP has said he will still tour the west Indies, it is reported that the English players did not support him, and therefore it would not surprise me in the slightest if he doesnt team up with his best mate Shane warne in teh IPL

I thought he left Africa because he could not get in Natals first team. England jumped in long before he had completed the 4 year residency period because he was off touring with the A team. None of that matters though I suppose, because if you are good enough then you are English.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He did an article in one of the Sundays, I think it was the Observer where he made it perfectly clear that he thought he had been overlooked by the SACB purely because of the positve discrimination policy that was being brought in.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He did an article in one of the Sundays, I think it was the Observer where he made it perfectly clear that he thought he had been overlooked by the SACB purely because of the positve discrimination policy that was being brought in.

I think it was because they were not convinced about him in those early days remembering that he had not really established himself in the Natal 1st team and by the time he really looked ready for test cricket he was 'English'

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I'm so glad KP has gone, this is exactly what he did with Nottinghamshire and he has proven once again what a 110% grade A wanker he really is. If he had any decency he would of been in this country, not on a Safari with his f***ing friends in South Africa! I for one, hope this clown never plays for England again!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Along with a great many "England" players over the years. And your point is....?

That if one has to put England in inverted commas,then that "Englishman" probably isn't,and should therefore not be playing,let alone captaining.

Certainly a lot of SA cricketers played for England in the apartheid ban years,and TG was even captain;KP plays for England because he is too good to play for SA,and where I doubt they'd tolerate his overtowering ego.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here