Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pietersen Resigns as England Captain

Having actually listened to it now, rather than just read the ticker, it's still unconfirmed, but "reports" suggest it has happened.

There was a board meeting of the ECB last night and they apparently came out in favour of Moores, or rather against KP dictating what happens. Moores could still go too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pietersen has done himself NO favours over all this nonsense. Let's hope he's prepared to be humble enough [not a word regularly used in the same sentence as 'Pietersen'] to go back to being one of the players, and get his head down.

We need a firing KP to beat the Aussies.

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
If Moores does stay could you see KP still playing for England? If KP has no respect for Moores I can hardly see him playing under him!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Pietersen has done himself NO favours over all this nonsense. Let's hope he's prepared to be humble enough [not a word regularly used in the same sentence as 'Pietersen'] to go back to being one of the players, and get his head down.

We need a firing KP to beat the Aussies.

I agree with this. KP is an arrogant f*** (with much justification) but he has found out that he can't just stamp his feet and get what he wants right through his career. It seems the 12 man board investigated and the coaching staff and some senior players were very unimpressed with KPs attitude and approach to unseating Moores.

KP wanted Moores out and his man in - he hasn't got that but he has succeeded in agitating Moores out of a job (will be justified on rsults - but KP clearly the catalyst) but in the process has shot himswelf in the foot. Silly bunt.

I hope he does carry on as a player - under Strauss (thank god he's back in form) - but you never know. He wasn't a good tactical skipper and there are rumours that he had lost half the changing room (which he has managed to do throughout his career if you read what his former team mates say).

I'm sad that this all happened - KP has blotted his copybook for ever for me - but glad that the board have not been bullied into anything by a player, no matter how good he is.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If Moores does stay could you see KP still playing for England? If KP has no respect for Moores I can hardly see him playing under him!

Moores will get the boot, but the justification will be results. KP will have been offered the option to resign - don't see that being voluntary because the guy thinks he can do no wrong. Sadly for him politics is a bit harder for him to grasp than batting.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
KP is bizarre captain material anyway. Great batsman, I doubt this will bring him down a peg or two. He will probably waltz off and get millions for playing in the IPL.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
f--------------ing good show piss of Kp,

Straus or Flintoff for captain.!!!!

So now what happens to kp as a player should be quite interesting!!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Flintoff has already had a go at captaincy and a right mess he made of it too ..

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Clown

610x.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here