• .3 at the back

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Fan less stadiums

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Letting Duffy go. He had a solid partnership with Dunk and scored from set pieces regularly.

Letting Murray go. He always had a role to play in the team. Even at his age, he is a million times better than the current garbage we have up front. Whether as a sub or starter, Murray would have been valuable in the squad and more reliable than the trio mentioned below combined.

Persisting with starting rubbish like Maupay, Connolly and Troussard, even when they are out of form and have been for months now. None of them are cut out for this level of football.

All Potter's fault.

if he doesn't persist with them, who does he play if you accept that a player cannot play every minute or every game? Murray has shown in his last season and (evidently at Watford) that he is not up to this level of football anymore. He would have scored the goal that Connolly missed - but the fact that we are all outraged that he didnt suggests that most players would have done.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I can't believe that people who have watched so much football haven't cottoned on to the fact that it is a game of ups and downs. Currently on a bit of a down, but will almost certainly have an up at some point. Fulham are on a bit of an up but that won't last all season. Maupay reached double figures last season. He's not turned into league one at best as some say, just going through a drought. That's the nature of football.

Yes he's on a poor run of converting chances but I think that what he is being asked to do is a bit different this season and when at Brentford and this is at the heart of his issue. He seems to be coming a lot deeper into the midfield to try to draw out defenders and create space in behind. In this sort of deeper role playing between the lines, in order to get opportunities he has to be played in by those around him. He scored more when more central or running in behind and seems more dangerous with less time to think.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I can't believe that people who have watched so much football haven't cottoned on to the fact that it is a game of ups and downs. Currently on a bit of a down, but will almost certainly have an up at some point. Fulham are on a bit of an up but that won't last all season. Maupay reached double figures last season. He's not turned into league one at best as some say, just going through a drought. That's the nature of football.

To a degree. Fine margins and all that. But there is no certainty about having an up: ask Huddersfield and Norwich.

On Maupay, have to disagree. He has unfortunately been a flop. I don't get he is learning, needs time, blah, blah. He has plenty of time and is not delivering. His Xg last season was 3.6 more than his 10, and Xg this season is just under 7. 3 more goals from him would be 2-4 points probably and relative comfort.

Interesting comment in Times this morning: "..it is anyone's guess where Newcastle would be with Wilson, whose eight goals, forward play, intelligence and aggression have the team punching above their weight." Pity the reporter couldn't say the same about Maupay.

boik

To a degree. Fine margins and all that. But there is no certainty about having an up: ask Huddersfield and Norwich.

On Maupay, have to disagree. He has unfortunately been a flop. I don't get he is learning, needs time, blah, blah. He has plenty of time and is not delivering. His Xg last season was 3.6 more than his 10, and Xg this season is just under 7. 3 more goals from him would be 2-4 points probably and relative comfort.

Interesting comment in Times this morning: "..it is anyone's guess where Newcastle would be with Wilson, whose eight goals, forward play, intelligence and aggression have the team punching above their weight." Pity the reporter couldn't say the same about Maupay.

No certainty indeed, but our "down" has not seen us hammered by any team, and not seen us in the bottom 3. We don't need very much of an up to recover from this down.

I agree that Maupay is not a world class striker, but double figures is pretty acceptable for anyone apart from the top 10 clubs or so. He is wasteful, but then so was Glenn. Yesterday both Ali J and Conolly should have scored pretty easy chances. It's not all down to having a 20 goal striker at our level.

vade

Dec 7, 2020
I hope that Potter forces his players to watch match of the day. All of the top sides break QUICKLY and RUN AT the defenders. They do not phaff about with loads of short passes on the edge of the box before losing the ball. If you don't shoot you dont score. No good having loads of possession if you do nothing with it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
For 4 years we have been unable to beat low table sides at the Amex when they roll into town.

Huddersfield ( Andone 81st minute ) and Bournemouth ( once ) are the notable exceptions.

We build these games up as vital 'must wins' but we fail and fail and fail again to win them.

We need to get to the root cause of this losing mentality.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Connelly missing an open goal from 3 yards.

My 82 year old mother in law could have scored from that chance.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
For 4 years we have been unable to beat low table sides at the Amex when they roll into town.

Huddersfield ( Andone 81st minute ) and Bournemouth ( once ) are the notable exceptions.

We build these games up as vital 'must wins' but we fail and fail and fail again to win them.

We need to get to the root cause of this losing mentality.

Drawing at home to teams below us is not a total disaster. It stops them getting 3 points also. So long as we can pick up some wins against other teams, which I think we are well capable of doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here