• Potterball

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • .3 at the back

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Fan less stadiums

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Sadly not winning a couple of home games in 2020, constant tinkering with the side, he is clueless,

Oh and he's more boring than Hughton..

I would have played Welbeck from the start today, in a must win game, instead he plays the non scoring munchkins...

Welbeck is being handled carefully, he's not yet able to start 3 games in a week.

And as you know, we've had the chances to win loads more games, but sadly didn't take the opportunities our good play deserved.

He changes the team (tinkering) looking for a combination that will deliver results. You can't complain about results, then blame the manager for changing things trying to find a winning formula.

As for boring, he's paid to entertain us on the pitch, not in interviews.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Welbeck is being handled carefully, he's not yet able to start 3 games in a week.

And as you know, we've had the chances to win loads more games, but sadly didn't take the opportunities our good play deserved.

He changes the team (tinkering) looking for a combination that will deliver results. You can't complain about results, then blame the manager for changing things trying to find a winning formula.

As for boring, he's paid to entertain us on the pitch, not in interviews.

You crack on mate justifying Potter, he may come good in the end, here's hoping,

Bloom is backing him too, but he did hold on to Hyypiä for far too long.

I also have my reservations that Potter would get us out of Championship if we had the misfortune to get relegated.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
With the possession and the fat number of chances and shots created this season, its very difficult getting around that this team is in need of a strong, quality striker or a dangerous winger. No other team is even close to having this poor shots-to-goal ratio from all of their strikers. Maup has been disappointing, Welbeck is decent but not much more and Connolly is very promising but should optimally not start as often as he does. The club needs another striker to take the next step, its pretty basic stuff.

Maupay, Connolly & Welbeck are horrifically out of form when it comes to shooting. This has infected the whole team with players like Ali-J, Trossard and Bissouma unable to shoot on target. Added to that, Webster & Dunk can not get the ball on target from set-piece situations. It’s a disaster. Sadly, we’ll get relegated if this is not resolved. I’m very happy with everything else the team does, seems that the Sanchez pick means that we don’t concede every single ****ing shot on target anymore.

We just need some shooting confidence - can your man give this to the players somehow?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would have played Welbeck from the start today, in a must win game, instead he plays the non scoring munchkins...

Yes, because Wellbeck did so well with the open goal, in the other ‘must-win’ game, on Wednesday.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Luck. I genuinely believe that even after a decent sample size of games. Finishing has been poor, but Everton and Leicester away were the only games were I felt the lose was 100% deserved.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
The tinker man

We looked so dominant late last season and early this season with Alzate and Bissouma together

Why has he changed it constantly since?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Lack of confidence in front of goal
Lack of luck (another deflection today)
Struggling to replace the irreplaceable Murray

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Set pieces. Can't score from them, concede from too many of them.

Imagine if we had a James Ward-Prowse in the squad. We'd probably have scored 3 or 4 free kicks and actually got a few goals from corners too.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Please explain what Potter is doing wrong in your opinion.

What would you do differently?
I said on another thread your playing Sheffield Utd why would you start your two smallest strikers when the game was made for 6ft strikers to combat the defence. We looked pony until Welbeck and the Swiss lad started to harass them. Personally think we would of won with Welbeck starting today the other two pathetic performances.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The tinker man

We looked so dominant late last season and early this season with Alzate and Bissouma together

Why has he changed it constantly since?

I don’t think he feels Alzate has the nous. We were conceding far too easily when it it was him and Biss.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I said on another thread your playing Sheffield Utd why would you start your two smallest strikers when the game was made for 6ft strikers to combat the defence. We looked pony until Welbeck and the Swiss lad started to harass them. Personally think we would of won with Welbeck starting today the other two pathetic performances.
Because big = immobile.

And we dont have any big strikers bar one whose minutes are being managed.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

And I'm sure Potter would agree, unfortunately Welbeck is being treated carefully and 3 starts in a week was considered too much of a risk.

Not alot Potter could do about that today, without risking losing Welbeck for an extended period through injury.

These are the things he has to think about that you and I don't fully understand.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don’t think he feels Alzate has the nous. We were conceding far too easily when it it was him and Biss.

We conceded nil in two of the 5 games he has started.- we have only kept a clean sheet in one other game.
Against United, of the 3, one goal was an own goal and one a penalty. Against Chelsea, of the 3, one was a penalty, another from a corner. Against an inform Everton we were desperately overrun and outplayed, admittedly.
But, i think that is a bit harsh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here