Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pick just ONE thing you are most looking forward to

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If you have to pick just one thing you are most looking forward to at The Amex, what would it be?

For me, it would be the noise levels. One of my favourite things at football is the noise when a team scores, and after years of not very much at Withers, I can't wait to hear 18000 raise the roof at The Amex. The first time is going to be spine tingling.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
the bloke who shouts well played mike everytime painter touches the ball , itl sound a lot better in HD

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Having a beer at a home game for the first time in my life must be up there...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The beer and food and view from my WSU seat.

I'm a bit concerned about the atmosphere to be honest, I am fearing that rather than looking forward to it. Just hope we dont bring the dire Withdean atmosphere with us.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Watching a home game from behind the goal again.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Watching Owen and Heskey trotting out for the first home game.....:)

Seriously, it's that moment when I walk up the steps to West Stand Upper and step out to see the view for the very first time. I was emotional when I did that at Withdean (D Block) for the first time so I am expecting a near breakdown come the new season !

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Talking vegetables for me. In an untriffidy way, i want to come across a chatty potato and loquacious pea, the latter so small it when through the filter and avoided a tinned and airless life with its mightier and fuller-bodied compadres that he's barely had time to form a relationship with. The potato would have squishy eyes and a complete bent head, but one of the prettiest of its breed to female spuds. I'd make feet and a hat for them. I'd keep them mostly in a drawer and say we went on adventures.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
When I climb the stairs from the concourse and get the first view of the pitch. Magic.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
When I climb the stairs from the concourse and get the first view of the pitch. Magic.
That's pretty much exactly what I said :)

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
People not getting in the way of my view 5 minutes after the start of a match and 10 minutes from the end of the first half because of the way the stairs were configured at Withers..a simple thing - but that really used to irritate me

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Seeing Diego Forlan in the Blue and White stripes of Brighton................And the atmosphere at the first game!!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Talking vegetables for me. In an untriffidy way, i want to come across a chatty potato and loquacious pea, the latter so small it when through the filter and avoided a tinned and airless life with its mightier and fuller-bodied compadres that he's barely had time to form a relationship with. The potato would have squishy eyes and a complete bent head, but one of the prettiest of its breed to female spuds. I'd make feet and a hat for them. I'd keep them mostly in a drawer and say we went on adventures.

Was just about to say the same.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
another vote for walking up the stairs and getting the first sight of the pitch :):):):):):):):):)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here