Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Photos from the Thank Tank evening

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
It's not the fact he's factually wrong, and perhaps I'm being over-precious, but I took it as a sideswipe at the nature of the whole evening, and I think others did too.

I think the fact he had been rambling on about Mandela being a terrorist and comparing him to Fred West didn't help, basically ZR has tested everyone's patience too far.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
All ZR said was that not many people showed up. Not necessarily true, but is there any need for this level of vitriol?

What a fcuking binfest

The trouble is it is not the first time he has made comments like this to get a reaction. He wound up a few involved in the Seagulls Party with dismissive comments and saying he was glad they lost.

It seems he does it to try and look cool to his mates.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I am sure you are not in person, much harder when there is not a monitor to hide behind.

im not gobby on here either, i just say my opinion, as i do in person aswell. im not being funny but your mates the one now threatening me. And to Bigc will you shut up about the Mandela and West thing, your not actually saying what my point was.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
im not gobby on here either, i just say my opinion, as i do in person aswell. im not being funny but your mates the one now threatening me. And to Bigc will you shut up about the Mandela and West thing, your not actually saying what my point was.

You ARE gobby - in the way you express your opinion.

No-one threatening you either - just dismissing you in the same manner you dismissed Guy's evening.

Of all things you could have said about the pictures of the evening - Guy's shirt, his presents, El Pres' puckering up, Guy's reaction to the evening, people's enjoyment of the evening - you pick up on one thing; the supposed sparsity of the attendance. Any particular reason? Even then, you got that wrong.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

I actually agree with TLO, you come out with these gobby comments, probably to try and look cool amongst your mates.

Trouble is it is not the first time you have done it.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Looks like a fun evening was had by all, Just wish I could've gone myself.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I was shocked (and horrified) at how shitty the traffic was on the seafront road.
Coming in from the country, I thought I'd be quicker and closer heading for the Churchill Square NCP. Once I got to the side street between Western Road and the seafront, I saw the long line of cars just to get on the front road. Stopped and frozen there for about 20 minutes, just to get onto the queue that took another 20 minutes, edging forward for the quarter mile to the Brighton Centre.
This is even on a regular Sunday evening!

I hate Brighton city centre now, it takes a good reason to get me to go there.

It's been like it for decades.

If everyone walked, cycled, sprinted, teleported, or got the bus or train into town, instead of bloody driving, there'd be no problem. Between May and September it's rammed full of Cockneys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here