Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

phone in thread

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Titanic play me that exact part of the show, with the alleged suggestion, back before Saturday and I will give £100 to the Chestnut Tree Childrens Hospice in Worthing and if you can't, you can pay £50 instead.

Harty,
I don't have the ability to 'play you that exact part of the show' but have enough people on here agreed with me for you to be convinced that it really was said? or perhaps you / SCR have the ability to check ?
regards T.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think by now SCR would have replayed and replayed again the actual phone in and could either confirm or deny that an allegation about DK and money was made. I personnally did not hear it. For what it is worth I do not think that is something that can be put at his door.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Pay up Harty.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I also heared the comment that Knight had made money. I wasn't paying much attention but that made my ears prick up. The call was swiftly ended to move onto something else.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I also heared the comment that Knight had made money. I wasn't paying much attention but that made my ears prick up. The call was swiftly ended to move onto something else.

...although there are conspiricy thearies abound, we had heaps of calls and a few people were "hurried up" ! As stated above that phrase was not picked up by three of us

One thing people probably do not realise is that when we have a caller, and also when we are talking, the producer will cut in and tell you if there are texts, who is next on the line, news etc etc,( which you cannot hear on the radio) so sometimes you may get the impression that people are stumbling along, but it is quite an art to speak about something when someone is giving you information in your ear.

Not making excuses, but this may be a case where this happened, especially if you say it was at the end of the call.

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
gillespie would be a class signing, but isnt he a forward? should'nt we really be thinking more along the lines of a wide player or a cm?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I would think by now SCR would have replayed and replayed again the actual phone in and could either confirm or deny that an allegation about DK and money was made. I personnally did not hear it. For what it is worth I do not think that is something that can be put at his door.

The comment was something along the lines of "they all take money out of the club..."

I always listen to the phone in from the minutes I leave the ground on a portable radio.

I suspected at the time it was referring to "huge salaries" though, but it was as clear as day.

Pay up Harty ! :D

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
...although there are conspiricy thearies abound, we had heaps of calls and a few people were "hurried up" ! As stated above that phrase was not picked up by three of us

One thing people probably do not realise is that when we have a caller, and also when we are talking, the producer will cut in and tell you if there are texts, who is next on the line, news etc etc,( which you cannot hear on the radio) so sometimes you may get the impression that people are stumbling along, but it is quite an art to speak about something when someone is giving you information in your ear.

Not making excuses, but this may be a case where this happened, especially if you say it was at the end of the call.

thanks for the insight into the world of broadcast media. However isn't it normally the case that only the person driving the show (Harty) should have this through his cans. All others (if the ISDN box is set up corrrectly) should just hear him and the caller/studio - that has always been my experience of my (albeit not so frequent) forays into the wrld of radio.

What is the point of a phone-in if you don't listen to the callers ?

The point of a phone-in is that it fills time without costing much. Just like the columns in the Argus that "report" on readers' opinions expressed on the Argus forums. And the annual feature in the Sussex Express - "Send us a picture of your cat and readers will vote for their favourite".

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
thanks for the insight into the world of broadcast media. However isn't it normally the case that only the person driving the show (Harty) should have this through his cans. All others (if the ISDN box is set up corrrectly) should just hear him and the caller/studio - that has always been my experience of my (albeit not so frequent) forays into the wrld of radio.

No...your wrong

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My wrong what?

Must just have been very lucky when I've used ISDN kit before then that only the presenter heard the background whilst I heard what was broadcast.

you must have been very lucky indeed

Both harty/Simon and whoever is the guest has headphones that pick up what the studio patches through.

On Tuesday Mike and Myself were sharing the second set.....if one of us was listening we would put the phones away from our ears so each could hear.

there you are more insite as to how it works...aren't you a lucky boy today

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
you must have been very lucky indeed

Both harty/Simon and whoever is the guest has headphones that pick up what the studio patches through.

On Tuesday Mike and Myself were sharing the second set.....if one of us was listening we would put the phones away from our ears so each could hear.

there you are more insite as to how it works...aren't you a lucky boy today

Lucky beyond belief. Thankyou for sharing this with us. Dont doubt that's what you were hearing, just so so so unfortunate that it happened during that 3 seconds of radio. I will test the theory as to what you can hear when I'm on SCR at 7.25 tomorrow morning.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lucky beyond belief. Thankyou for sharing this with us. Dont doubt that's what you were hearing, just so so so unfortunate that it happened during that 3 seconds of radio. I will test the theory as to what you can hear when I'm on SCR at 7.25 tomorrow morning.

excellent, glad to be of service to one so knowledgeable about everything

i will listen out tomorrow at 7:25. Hopefully I can pick up SCR on the train on my new phone/radio thingymigigg

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
excellent, glad to be of service to one so knowledgeable about everything

i will listen out tomorrow at 7:25. Hopefully I can pick up SCR on the train on my new phone/radio thingymigigg

Many thanks Dave. I'll give you a shout out. Not knowledgeable though Dave, just sharing my own personal experiences and anecdotes of my life with the wider NSC group. Something you have been known to do from time to time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here