Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone In Thread - Cheltenham

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Go on then, say your story. Right here.

Isn't it right that you phoned up my father when he failed to "back you up" that night?

Didn't Dave say as much on NSC many times over when DTG-phone-in-gate was going on?

(I can't be arsed to search to find such posts, I hasten to add)

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I cannot understand why Harty is getting so much shit over the phone in. He is an undertaker by profession and part time radio presenter do you expect him to be able to compete with Des Lynam. I think that he does a good job getting across many points that fans are thinking about

I agree with this, and I also think as a fan, that he says what most of the fans actually think. Furthermore, he obviously gets the respect of the club, which was shown by DK choosing Harty to interview him when he wanted to 'put the record straight' a couple of weeks ago.

Sometimes his jokes 'sail close to the wind' but that is just his sense of humour, and you either 'get' him or you don't. The number of people who are actually offended is low in comparison to how many people listen to the show. I think it's easy to forget he is just a normal Albion fan who happens to be hosting a radio show. And I've said it before, but whenever he does have the audacity :) to take a break from the show, the same people who are moaning now, are the ones who want him back cos the show just isn't the same without him!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I agree with this, and I also think as a fan, that he says what most of the fans actually think. Furthermore, he obviously gets the respect of the club, which was shown by DK choosing Harty to interview him when he wanted to 'put the record straight' a couple of weeks ago.

Sometimes his jokes 'sail close to the wind' but that is just his sense of humour, and you either 'get' him or you don't. The number of people who are actually offended is low in comparison to how many people listen to the show. I think it's easy to forget he is just a normal Albion fan who happens to be hosting a radio show. And I've said it before, but whenever he does have the audacity :) to take a break from the show, the same people who are moaning now, are the ones who want him back cos the show just isn't the same without him!

spot on

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
seconded

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nothing like washing your dirty linen in public on NSC - marvellous scenes

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why all this stick for Harty again. He is a good radio host imho. Ok , he makes some jibes but Domestic Goddess is a friendly term of endearment I would imagine and he made 1 sexist remark realised the rror of his ways and was Man enough to apologise.

I do now know the ins and outs of HartyGaffer Gate but I would think the fact that Dave the Gaffer is a regular on the post match call in again would suggest the Hatchet has been buried and raking over old coals and name throwing is doing no one any favours.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
For God sake.

I listen to it every week to and from ground. If you don't like it, I have a simple yet innovative solution...don't listen!

I admit Harty annoys me with un-necessary things like ' which eastenders character would you be ' etc but that's part of it for some listeners.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
For God sake.

I listen to it every week to and from ground. If you don't like it, I have a simple yet innovative solution...don't listen!

I admit Harty annoys me with un-necessary things like ' which eastenders character would you be ' etc but that's part of it for some listeners.

Some of us listen to it for the important bits, like post match interviews.

But some of Harty's relative thinking baffles me. See my post on page one or two?? That just about sums it up.

Jan 30, 2008
Hartys comments on the five home games was pretty blinkered "15 points from the next 5 home games" mmmmmmmmmmmmm..........DONT THINK SO

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Hartys comments on the five home games was pretty blinkered "15 points from the next 5 home games" mmmmmmmmmmmmm..........DONT THINK SO

But to stop the season petering out into sub 4,000 crowds we have to mount a play-off challenge and 5 out of 5 at home would kick start that.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Albion have won 5 home games on the bounce in their history.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Don't let the bastards grind you down Harty.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I'd like to apoligise for my comments directed in this thread. I stand by what i said, but i made it far too public, to my detriment.

I meant what I said about the show needing a lot of work done to it.

Print screen this if you want to penguin

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I've already agreed a new contract for next season, so if I'm going it will be August 2009 at the earliest.

You need a new agent as you may have missed out on a move to Colchester radio:lolol:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
To be fair, as it's title suggests, a phone in is highly dependent on the [
people who phone in and sadly the medium doesn't tend to attract middle of the road, reasoned fans (yes they do exist!).

This isn't a specific comment on Harty's show, but phone in shows in general.

homersimpson

Feb 11, 2008
Alot of us moan about the phone in, and how the calls are sumtimes dull...but Harty cannot help that factor. How many of us that moan on here actually phone in?
The standard of calls would be better if there was a better choice of people to choose from I would imagine.

Certain people just like to slag off the presenter and producer cos they have nothing better to do...this happened at Radio Solent and they then axed the phone in!

Harty is Brighton, does a grand job with the phone in and long may it continue.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here