Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone In Thread - Cheltenham

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
It may have done in your mind!! Not sure whether other people may agree with you.

I don't think there are many people who want Levvo to do the phone in, because he does have a lot of negatives (as do you, may i add). I think what is detrimental to the phone in is the agendas that the hosts have - and that's not something that is your fault, it's natural for everyone to have an opinion over things.

What you may be seeing as a gang to get you out of doing the phone in is criticism about your constant shock jock attempts to get people to phone in. I realise that it may get people on the phone, but it isn't getting the right sort of people on. And then if you disagree with someone, instead of forming a rational argument against them, you tend to go for the "oh, she's a woman, it doesn't count" sort of argument, that you do tend to go for.

Not at all, I cannot think of when I have adopted that stance, with one exception at which I made an immediate apology.
And I look foward to you being one of the first callers on Tuesday night.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Not at all, I cannot think of when I have adopted that stance, with one exception at which I made an immediate apology.
And I look foward to you being one of the first callers on Tuesday night.

Well think again, because you do.
I'm not going on tuesday, and i'm not going to be one of your callers that you need to cut off sharpish saying "well i didn't go.... but wilkins out". That's another think that's so pants about the phone in - the screening is dire!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Good point, and why do you have to do the Domestic Goddess crack every week?

Apologies Dougdeep but I referred to Sophia as the domestic godess off air long before it came out on air, but if it 'riles' that much we will go back to doing it off air.

And where's my avatar you promised?:lolol:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Well think again, because you do.
I'm not going on tuesday, and i'm not going to be one of your callers that you need to cut off sharpish saying "well i didn't go.... but wilkins out". That's another think that's so pants about the phone in - the screening is dire!

Clearly I cannot win with you whatever I say, so you go on thinking what you want, you've obviously got very strong opinions and I will get back to enjoying my Sunday with my family.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot understand why Harty is getting so much shit over the phone in. He is an undertaker by profession and part time radio presenter do you expect him to be able to compete with Des Lynam. I think that he does a good job getting across many points that fans are thinking about and perhaps I will upset a few by saying I think that the African Cup is a nothing compettition to us in this country and a hinderance to our domestic competition. Also it provides more football on TV to help put another nail in the coffin of domestic football in this country.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
And, may i add, i also expected more from you after telling off my father for not backing you up on your poorly thought comment about females phoning your show.

He may have forgiven you, but that doesn't mean that I've forgotten it.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I don't understand why Laura has to agree with EVERYTHING you say Harty?

She doesn't, but now her guard has dropped and her motive for her posts might have more to do with the way Dave the Gaffer was 'dissed', she needs to sit down with her Dad and actually find out what has gone on.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
She doesn't, but now her guard has dropped and her motive for her posts might have more to do with the way Dave the Gaffer was 'dissed', she needs to sit down with her Dad and actually find out what has gone on.

Go on then, say your story. Right here.

Isn't it right that you phoned up my father when he failed to "back you up" that night? What EXACTLY did you say?

And I have been told the story from my mother, you don't reckon she's LYING, do you?

Ad regardless of what happened, I stand by my comments about you and your show.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Bintfest

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Some of us (i.e me) won't have clue what all this is about because we can't hear the b****dy phone-in programme or the live commentary at all (and no I'm not going to shell out hard cash on Seagulls World). A pod cast might help, but it be better to actually hear the programmes live rather than some dire tedious ramble about Crawley Town, Aldershot, Woking etc etc. due to some BBC internet broadcasting rights issue.

All football phone-ins are populated by then repetative, obsessive and tedious ranter (we woz robbed..... complaint about the referee/linesman/groundsman's dog etc), with the occasional interesting point made by someone vaguely articulate (its even worse than NSC out thread. I can usually take 606 on Radio 5 only for about 30 seconds before shouting at the radio "for God's sake say something original" and turning it off.

If Harty is an amateur radio person then at least he is provoking a response, as opposed to some of the bland platitudes that the so-called professionals come out with - Match of the Day pundits being a prime example - (but as I said I can't actually hear the programe so have no idea whether his presentation is slick or shambolic). Recent threads would seem to indicate that it has its rough edges and being live some things might have been better unsaid with hindsight, but at least there is a post match phone in. How many other Division 1 clubs have this facility from the local BBC?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here