Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone In Thread - Cheltenham

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
And you are?

...a fellow fan.

Just think it can be much better. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather there's a phone-in than not but sometimes it's painful! (In fairness the dreary nature of many callers is often what sours things more than anything else.)

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Just don't phone me up at 8 o'clock in the morning, to explain that you'd been on the sauce last night.

;)

You're getting confused again grandad, you know the staff at your care home don't let people phone you on a Sunday before 9.30am.:lolol:

Yes after a long day, with the wrong result, I went out with Mrs H and some friends to a lovely Indian in Arundel, wine and tiger beer was consumed but I would have reacted in the same way whatever my condition.

Fairplay to Captain Haddock for his reply but the other 'poster' is indicative of the bad side of NSC. I see he 'joined' this month, therefore is he a 'new' fan, quite a feat given our falling fanbase or is it another case of a brave keyboard warrior on here inventing another 'poster' so he can sit at home and just fire off abuse without detection or censure?

There is a little clique on NSC hellbent on getting Levo on the phone-in full time, something which Simon says he doesn't actually want at the moment and given that I've already agreed a new contract for next season, so if I'm going it will be August 2009 at the earliest.

As for 'Fredricowhatever' of course of he's entitled to his opinion, that's why we had a fanzine and why a number of people have fought long and hard to get the phone-in broadcast. Perhaps I shouldn't have called him a 'clot';) ,but if your big enough to have those opinions, why not be brave enough not to hide behind your keyboard anonymity?

If that's what he thinks then fair enough, I have had worse and will have worse said about me on here and elsewhere, but if he feels that strongly then do the decent thing and actually put his real name to the criticism.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's time you had an avatar Harty, any suggestions?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty's a good bloke and the show is an amiable production by fellow Albion fans. Its fine as it is. We do not want some premier league slick production with no feelings. Harty's show may not be perfect but it has heart and it has soul.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Some of the callers may test the patience but the fact " Doris " from " Haywards Heath Nursing Home " ( made up but you know what I mean ) for example cares enough to call in with her ramblings about that nice Man Dean and the Lads is quite endearing really.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I doubt I will get an answer, but here goes!

Harty, The year is 2008!

Is there ANY chance that your show can be put up as a podcast.

Many people for various reasons on thier way back from a game are unable to listen 'live' as I am sure you are aware.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
You're getting confused again grandad, you know the staff at your care home don't let people phone you on a Sunday before 9.30am.:lolol:

Yes after a long day, with the wrong result, I went out with Mrs H and some friends to a lovely Indian in Arundel, wine and tiger beer was consumed but I would have reacted in the same way whatever my condition.

Fairplay to Captain Haddock for his reply but the other 'poster' is indicative of the bad side of NSC. I see he 'joined' this month, therefore is he a 'new' fan, quite a feat given our falling fanbase or is it another case of a brave keyboard warrior on here inventing another 'poster' so he can sit at home and just fire off abuse without detection or censure?

There is a little clique on NSC hellbent on getting Levo on the phone-in full time, something which Simon says he doesn't actually want at the moment and given that I've already agreed a new contract for next season, so if I'm going it will be August 2009 at the earliest.

As for 'Fredricowhatever' of course of he's entitled to his opinion, that's why we had a fanzine and why a number of people have fought long and hard to get the phone-in broadcast. Perhaps I shouldn't have called him a 'clot';) ,but if your big enough to have those opinions, why not be brave enough not to hide behind your keyboard anonymity?

If that's what he thinks then fair enough, I have had worse and will have worse said about me on here and elsewhere, but if he feels that strongly then do the decent thing and actually put his real name to the criticism.

That's a very paranoid post if you don't mind me saying!

I'm racking my geriatric brain to try to identify ANYONE on North Stand Chat who is "hellbent on getting Levo on the phone-in full time".

Harty seems to think there's a whole CLIQUE of such people here.

Own up. Who are you?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I doubt I will get an answer, but here goes!

Harty, The year is 2008!

Is there ANY chance that your show can be put up as a podcast.

Many people for various reasons on thier way back from a game are unable to listen 'live' as I am sure you are aware.

Been asked and rejected

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm racking my geriatric brain to try to identify ANYONE on North Stand Chat who is "hellbent on getting Levo on the phone-in full time".

Own up. Who are you?

Paranoia, Harty is going mad IMHO :ohmy:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

Own up. Who are you?

If you don't know who they are Ed then you truly are going senile.............

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Not really, its been needed to have been said for some time, the post last night probably did me a favour.

It may have done in your mind!! Not sure whether other people may agree with you.

I don't think there are many people who want Levvo to do the phone in, because he does have a lot of negatives (as do you, may i add). I think what is detrimental to the phone in is the agendas that the hosts have - and that's not something that is your fault, it's natural for everyone to have an opinion over things.

What you may be seeing as a gang to get you out of doing the phone in is criticism about your constant shock jock attempts to get people to phone in. I realise that it may get people on the phone, but it isn't getting the right sort of people on. And then if you disagree with someone, instead of forming a rational argument against them, you tend to go for the "oh, she's a woman, it doesn't count" sort of argument, that you do tend to go for.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It may have done in your mind!! Not sure whether other people may agree with you.

I don't think there are many people who want Levvo to do the phone in, because he does have a lot of negatives (as do you, may i add). I think what is detrimental to the phone in is the agendas that the hosts have - and that's not something that is your fault, it's natural for everyone to have an opinion over things.

What you may be seeing as a gang to get you out of doing the phone in is criticism about your constant shock jock attempts to get people to phone in. I realise that it may get people on the phone, but it isn't getting the right sort of people on. And then if you disagree with someone, instead of forming a rational argument against them, you tend to go for the "oh, she's a woman, it doesn't count" sort of argument, that you do tend to go for.

Good point, and why do you have to do the Domestic Goddess crack every week?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
They had Gillespie when we played them earlier this season.

but they didnt have michael d'agostinho, who absolutley raped richards yesteday, alex russell, scorer of the first and the 35 yars drive that kuipers did superbly to save, or steve brooker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here