Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone In Thread - Cheltenham

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if they are woeful or the second worst team in the league, we are as good as down

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Some of you are really fickle and shouldn't be following football if you think that we are going to win every game.

To say things like we are going down, just because we lost today is overreaction of the highest form.

Lets just see in 3 weeks how close to relegation we will be. For now, just be realistic!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Good ol' Harty!

Trying to draw the positives out of losing after giving away two stoppage time goals.

Reason? Because it shows that English PREMIER LEAGUE football should stay in this country, due to the fact that LEAGUE 1 football is full of last minute passion!?

Spot on Harty, nice one...or maybe not!?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
had my first ever involvement on the phone in today via text, shame it was not a positive start.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
norman on TOP form by the sounds of things tonight

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Phone in was woeful today (after a couple of weeks punching above it's weight). Just about the only man making sense was Attila T S with his observations on this week's astoundingly foolish announcement by the P'Lge to prostitute our national game to international glory-hunters who wouldn't even recognise the regional accents attributable to Manchester, Liverpool, Chelski, etc. :annoyed:

The swath of ridiculous over-reactions texted in and read out at the top of the show added to the irksome mood, along with idiots like the guy who said something along the lines of: the sooner we realise we're just an average League 2 side the better. Er, no, we're an average League 1 side and doing very well to be there imho. :mad:

We lost in miserable circumstances. It happens. Doesn't mean DW is pants, doesn't mean we'll have the same happen every week, doesn't mean DK is tight and should walk, and doesn't mean we're League 2. :shrug:

I'm sick and tired of our painfully fickle whingers spouting their ill-informed drivel every time a pass goes astray or we don't win 5-0 with a hat-trick of bicycle kicks from one of our strikers. There's a really good number of excellent fans supporting this club (including a good number of contributors on this site) but they seem to be drowned out by the lazily ill-thought-out crap excreted from the dreary lips and lifeless fingers of those who wish to express themselves regardless of their lack of understandingand fore-thought on this website and the phone-in. :mad::mad::mad:

By the way, I'm sorry to say I continue to be frustrated by the quality of the phone-in - the presentation of the show was dreadful (sorry Harty but it was). The opening music was a clumsy link to the PL abroad topic (Vienna, Barcelona and Sweet Home Alabama are probably not cities that'll host 'the other game' but Chicago and Tokyo (who have songs they could've used) probably are). A petty point perhaps, but it all adds into the impression the programme gave.

The dismissive tone given to what (surprisingly perhaps) turned out to be a cracking Africa Cup of Nations tournament crowned it all. This tournament offered much more entertainment, skill and drama than your average Premiership match (or major international tournament match for that matter) but the show left the uninformed listener with the impression that it was an inferior waste of time....which it patently was not. If you guys don't want to watch it that's fine, but to dismiss it so bluntly was to belittle just about the only decent major international tournament I can recall in recent years. It seemed you were promoting your own narrow views on the subject without asking for more opinion.

There were awkward pauses, interruptions, clumsy vocabulary and as always DW's interview sounded as if it was recorded with DW 200 yards away in a library particularly militant about it's silence policy! :down:

I don't expect Alan Green or Adrian Chiles, but surely the local BBC can improve the production quality?!

Rant over. I thank you.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Phone in was woeful today (after a couple of weeks punching above it's weight). Just about the only man making sense was Attila T S with his observations on this week's astoundingly foolish announcement by the P'Lge to prostitute our national game to international glory-hunters who wouldn't even recognise the regional accents attributable to Manchester, Liverpool, Chelski, etc. :annoyed:

The swath of ridiculous over-reactions texted in and read out at the top of the show added to the irksome mood, along with idiots like the guy who said something along the lines of: the sooner we realise we're just an average League 2 side the better. Er, no, we're an average League 1 side and doing very well to be there imho. :mad:

We lost in miserable circumstances. It happens. Doesn't mean DW is pants, doesn't mean we'll have the same happen every week, doesn't mean DK is tight and should walk, and doesn't mean we're League 2. :shrug:

I'm sick and tired of our painfully fickle whingers spouting their ill-informed drivel every time a pass goes astray or we don't win 5-0 with a hat-trick of bicycle kicks from one of our strikers. There's a really good number of excellent fans supporting this club (including a good number of contributors on this site) but they seem to be drowned out by the lazily ill-thought-out crap excreted from the dreary lips and lifeless fingers of those who wish to express themselves regardless of their lack of understandingand fore-thought on this website and the phone-in. :mad::mad::mad:

By the way, I'm sorry to say I continue to be frustrated by the quality of the phone-in - the presentation of the show was dreadful (sorry Harty but it was). The opening music was a clumsy link to the PL abroad topic (Vienna, Barcelona and Sweet Home Alabama are probably not cities that'll host 'the other game' but Chicago and Tokyo (who have songs they could've used) probably are). A petty point perhaps, but it all adds into the impression the programme gave.

The dismissive tone given to what (surprisingly perhaps) turned out to be a cracking Africa Cup of Nations tournament crowned it all. This tournament offered much more entertainment, skill and drama than your average Premiership match (or major international tournament match for that matter) but the show left the uninformed listener with the impression that it was an inferior waste of time....which it patently was not. If you guys don't want to watch it that's fine, but to dismiss it so bluntly was to belittle just about the only decent major international tournament I can recall in recent years. It seemed you were promoting your own narrow views on the subject without asking for more opinion.

There were awkward pauses, interruptions, clumsy vocabulary and as always DW's interview sounded as if it was recorded with DW 200 yards away in a library particularly militant about it's silence policy! :down:

I don't expect Alan Green or Adrian Chiles, but surely the local BBC can improve the production quality?!

Rant over. I thank you.

Apart from the above.............did you think the phone-in was OK...?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Rant over. I thank you.

I was surprised over the comments on African cup of nations too :(

And glad I ain't the only one who has to crank up the volume to hear what Wilkins says.

After a good number of years listening to Harty, I still can't seem to make up my mind if I like his style, or if he really is a complete plonker. Can't fault his love of the ALBION though.

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
I find 'Harty' to be actually Madely-esque in the 'embarrassing presenter' catagory. He says things which aren't funny, surely, to ANYBODY. Usually by saying 'It reminds me of... xxxx happening in xxxxx film' which nobody has ever heard of.

He's a total prat.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
we are not going up or down end off

Tend to agree.

Still favour more chance of scraping into play-offs rather than sliding down table though. :albion2:

Amazing how many on here go so negative after a defeat though :angry:

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
I find 'Harty' to be actually Madely-esque in the 'embarrassing presenter' catagory. He says things which aren't funny, surely, to ANYBODY. Usually by saying 'It reminds me of... xxxx happening in xxxxx film' which nobody has ever heard of.

He's a total prat.

Well when he is not presenting the show its total dross,he is a true diehard just wish there were afew more like him.Perhaps its an age thing he is about the same age as me so i can relate to him:cool:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like Harty and as said when previous people have been in the "chair" it has been awful.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

Rant over. I thank you.

And you are?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

He's a total prat.

And you are.....a c**t.....

Goodnight all;)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
As was Swansea losing to HAVANT.

I doubt too many of their fans were calling for the manager's head though.

IT happens.

We have beaten teams who should have SPANKED us in the past. It is part of what makes football so good.

Intresting logic given the amount of times you gave abuse to McGhee for similar results.

Though I do agree changing the manager isn't the way to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here