Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone In Thread (10/02/2007)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The thing is what cocks like Leroy/kayney or what ever he wants to call himself today is that the BBC is a public body.

What he was suggesting albein in a highly amusing way:rolleyes: was that Dean Wilkins likes to play with Cocks. Now you and I may think he is trying to be funny, but we average 40,000 listeners to the phone in and all it takes is a few of them to take exception to what is broadcast and the BBC have complaints then the show may be pulled. That is the bottom line.

the show is not censored, but people have to be sensible.....the show is not NSC, its not NSP its the BBC.

or the consequences are 606 with no mention of us ever....is that what people want?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I've not listened to the phone in for ages Dave, what that web site is suggesting is that this Leroy person phones in for a prank? Is that right? I'm guessing Harty knows this?

Sorry if I'm slow to the plate here - but I'd find it a little infuriating if I were waiting on line and someone was on there for a little bit of windupery!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
tedebear said:
I've not listened to the phone in for ages Dave, what that web site is suggesting is that this Leroy person phones in for a prank? Is that right? I'm guessing Harty knows this?

Sorry if I'm slow to the plate here - but I'd find it a little infuriating if I were waiting on line and someone was on there for a little bit of windupery!!

i am not sure if we can ban people, beinga public service broadcaster...I will find out.

I do know him anyway and I have his phone number. He played in the REMF game , cocky little twat... I will dig up my remf photo's of him

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I wouldn't ban people - thats not what the BBC is about - but I guess I wouldn't take his calls if its for real? ps. thanks for the bit about your chucking up - just having a cuppa here ;)

anyhow - back to the thread at hand...:lol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
tedebear said:
I wouldn't ban people - thats not what the BBC is about - but I guess I wouldn't take his calls if its for real? ps. thanks for the bit about your chucking up - just having a cuppa here ;)

anyhow - back to the thread at hand...:lol:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I was really very ill...went to be as soon as I got home ( 8 oclock) and got up at 11 this morning

:down: :down: :down: :down:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Yuck - Zef had one of those 24hour bad tummy things a few weeks before Christmas - horrible, horrible thing...Luckily it was over quick as he spent the whole time either flat out on the sofa, or in the gents....

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Note to self - must listen to phone in more often (but usually get frustrated with the game and flick the radio off a few minutes before then end, whilst dashing head on kitchen sink)

:blush:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
To explain, I am at the commentary point and the callers are put on air by a producer in Guildford, sometimes, as it was yesterday, it can be a person who is not 'clued up' about Leroy.
Being the fomrer enfant terrible of the fanzine scene I cannot ban people, it would go against everything I beleive in, however I can assure you in future all callers, even Alan from H Heath and perhaps Lesley from Hove, will get priority over the japester that is Leroy.:lolol:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Harty said:
To explain, I am at the commentary point and the callers are put on air by a producer in Guildford, sometimes, as it was yesterday, it can be a person who is not 'clued up' about Leroy.
Being the fomrer enfant terrible of the fanzine scene I cannot ban people, it would go against everything I beleive in, however I can assure you in future all callers, even Alan from H Heath and perhaps Lesley from Hove, will get priority over the japester that is Leroy.:lolol:

thats a shame

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Harty said:

i never hear what leroy has to say, but is it that bad? and isn't everybody entitled to their own opinon? i mean why should people be baned or put back in priority just because they say what they think.

And he will just call up and use a different name like Rupert or something won't he.

Last edited:

1066gull

logan89 said:
i never hear what leroy has to say, but is it that bad? and isn't everybody entitled to their own opinon? i mean why should people be baned or put back in priority just because they say what they think.

And he will just call up and use a different name like Rupert or something won't he.
http://www.mac-i.co.uk/music/music.html

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
logan89 said:

did you not read what i posted above then?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
logan89 said:

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I'm sure both Harty and Dave will agree. But if Leroy thinks that calling a phone in, asking wind up questions, just so as to make what he thinks are "amusing" bulletins for his web site (or whoevers website that one is), it really is a bit juvenile....and there are plenty of other people whom I sure would like to honestly voice their opinion, instead of someone doing it for "airtime"...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is suprising that he managed to get through because whenever I have phoned they have told me my number that they will ring me back on, obviously mistakes do happen.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
PM me your number and I will pass it to Sophia tomorrow

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dave

I think that we have our wires crosssed. SCR already have my number, which is what I was saying, so how did he get through as they would have his number unless he used a different phone. I wouldnt have thought that he had the intelligence to do that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BensGrandad said:
Dave

I think that we have our wires crosssed. SCR already have my number, which is what I was saying, so how did he get through as they would have his number unless he used a different phone. I wouldnt have thought that he had the intelligence to do that.

SCR do not work their way through numbers to phone people....you phone in and leave your number and then we phone you back.

If you phoned up on saturday and didnt get a call back that was probably because we had a decent amount of calls and we ran out of time. With regards to Leroy/kaney the problem is you give someone a chance and they talk sence and you assume they have stopped taking the piss.......but then they go back to their old ways.....

As I said, we are not in the game of banning people unless they are abusive or swear.......as a personal opinion ( and it is IMHO), I would ban him as he suggested that Wilkins was in some way played with cocks. That in my book is abusive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here