Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone In Thread (10/02/2007)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The Large One said:
Maybe.

But not that long ago, we were good enough. That's what does my head in.

It was with a team of youngsters...they don,t have the stamina, or the nous for a long hard season. Experienced players were needed in the transfer window......Knight has yet again failed to see the importance of that, with his negative outlook.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
The problem is our players think they are beter then they are, bacause they've got premiership clubs interested in them. Cox hasn't played well for ages but still thinks he can score from 35 yards out.

logan89 said:
The problem is our players think they are beter then they are, bacause they've got premiership clubs interested in them. Cox hasn't played well for ages but still thinks he can score from 35 yards out.

What Premiership club would want any of our players? Seriously. Who do we have that would be of interest to even a Championship side? A Division 1 side even?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Ernest said:
Hammond thinks we're going to hammer someone soon :rolleyes:

Thats where our problems started putting 8 past stevenage
maybe the players got a little to big headed and thought it was easy

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The onme good thing that came out of this game was it showed that we were right to not go after Shipperley he was absolutely useless Lynch had him in his pocket all afternnon.

Was coming home and could only get SCR Woking and Aldershit but my son phoned about the game and said that DTG was raving about Shipperley being MOM, if that is the case he should stick to watching the funny ball at Reading.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
BensGrandad said:
The onme good thing that came out of this game was it showed that we were right to not go after Shipperley he was absolutely useless Lynch had him in his pocket all afternnon.

Was coming home and could only get SCR Woking and Aldershit but my son phoned about the game and said that DTG was raving about Shipperley being MOM, if that is the case he should stick to watching the funny ball at Reading.

Who made Brentfords goal ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ernest said:
Who made Brentfords goal ?

Didnt warrant a MOM suiggestion.

We had many more chances but our forwards couldnt shoot straight.

I personally didnt see anything in Shipperleys play that made me wish we had signed him on allegedly £8k per week.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
A colleague in the press box told me he believed that Brentford are only actually paying 25% of the 8k, Sheff utd are still picking up the rest.

From what I saw today 2k a week would be money well spent.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Harty said:
A colleague in the press box told me he believed that Brentford are only actually paying 25% of the 8k, Sheff utd are still picking up the rest.

Harty, is your knee ok?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
BensGrandad said:
Didnt warrant a MOM suiggestion.

We had many more chances but our forwards couldnt shoot straight.

I personally didnt see anything in Shipperleys play that made me wish we had signed him on allegedly £8k per week.

If he makes one pass that creates a goal or scores one goal that results in a 1-0 win then he is worth whatever he is being paid

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Harty said:

I would'nt argue with you but I thought that Sheff Utd had released him completely.

I do not think that he is worth £2k a week of anybodys money he was absolute rubbish. I think that with his weight Crawley is about his limit or even Worthing Utd. This has nothing to do with him being ex palace but on his showing today.

How about Ian Hart Funeral Services picking up part of his wages if we got him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here