Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition to get Hart & Hawes reinstated

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't sign the petition. Get them to move to a local commercial station. Nobody need ever inflict themselves with SCR hospital radio level crap ever again. Never want to hear anything live about Crawley Town or Eastbourne Borough ever again. Get ORF my bandwidth :wave:

vincey

Aug 1, 2005
worthing
I can't believe someone started a thread where no-one was allowed to disagree with the original poster. Aren't you an adult Uncle Spielberg? Because here you sound like an angsty, immature teenager.

I think that seeing as Ian Hart has previous with offensive language he should be sacked. The BBC has to take a hardline with offensive language or it would be fine for anyone to say whatever they wanted as long as they apolised. I wasn't calling for Hartys head when he said 'rag-head' but now I think he shouldn't be allowed back. As for Hawes; I think he is just as bad as Hart as his wasn't just a slip of the tongue, he heard Hart say it and then repeated it purely for a joke. You can't say his was just a slip of the tongue. Also, ignorance is no excuse, I can't believe an adult doesn't know what that term means.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You can't say his was just a slip of the tongue. Also, ignorance is no excuse, I can't believe an adult doesn't know what that term means.

Then I must be stupid because I have never heard the saying or heard anybody else ever use it.
Having a mentally handicapped brother in law and mixing in those circles I would have expected to have heard it, if it was so common.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
To be fair Bensgrandad previous posts have indicated you are stupid so I'd just take not knowing as confirmation if I were you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To be fair Bensgrandad previous posts have indicated you are stupid so I'd just take not knowing as confirmation if I were you.[/QUOT

Who are you f***ing Einstein? When you know me or what I do or do not know then you can post such a statement until then I would suggest you put your mouth or typing finger on hold, You are doing exactly what Ian and Andrew Hawes are being castigated for.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
A few of you grizzling on here about "pc gone mad" and "zealous people with agendas" is not the same thing as "power to the people".

I think it's a shame Hart has been sacked, but it's not our decision and lets face it, he's got form which I think is the crucial point here. If he didn't have form, then I'd have said his apology should have been enough. If you're going to be aired by the BBC you have to show a little bit of consideration to your audience. Using terms like "window lickers" and "rag heads" is simply not acceptable.

It's a particularly shìt situation though, because if there is no phone-in, then there really are no winners. But the only people to blame are the people who complained to SCR (if they really did have an agenda) and Ian Hart himself.

Don't be such a f****** nob head. Only in this country do people get so outraged at everything to the point where we can't even prevent terrorists who want to blow us all up living here. I've lived in several other countries in my time and love Britain as I do, this is the sort of ridiculous stuff that drives millions and millions of people mad. It's out of our hands - not if I've got anything to do with it. Stay out of it with your smug yellow-bellied opinions if you like but the rest of us will fight to get them reinstated. :censored:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Bottom line is they are both experienced enough to know you CANNOT broadcast anything like that. Getting rid would be harsh I suppose radio station cannot afford for people to make mistakes like this. It remains to be seen what happens but suspension for a while is the least that should happen. And before anyone shots me down I work in this industry and am giving my view with that in mind.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
i cant stand the pair of them anyway so im not at all bothered.hartys an embarresment at the best of times and the sound of that winey voice stopped me listening years ago .GET EM OFF is what i say

But you can't spell the word embarrassment - now that really is embarrassing. Reason I want them reinstated is there's a risk an idiot like you's going to get the job instead.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I have just logged in to North stand chat to find out about this.
Without reading through the threads can some one tell me why Hawseys been band as well? and is the phone-in finished?
Thanks.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
How many disabled people were actually offended by the comment? My guess not one more than likely a few over the top PC morons with too much time on their hands who make far too much over a throwaway comment.

Live radio always has a few slips by presenters and guests alike the fuss this is generating is laughable and anyone who is making a big deal about this has to take a long hard look at themselves and why they have nothing better to be worrying about

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
i cant stand the pair of them anyway so im not at all bothered.hartys an embarresment at the best of times and the sound of that winey voice stopped me listening years ago .GET EM OFF is what i say

I agree. Perhaps Fred's take is a bit harshly worded but.....sorry Harty....at times the show is terrible. It's probably not only his fault, but I am sure SCR could find someone who sounds more pro than him.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
well mate it seems that you and the rest of the albion fans love him to death(harty) so you carry on supporting him but dont have a pop at us because we think the blokes a pratt. ive supported the albion since 1970 so i think its my right to have an opinion

Entitled to your opinion is a line I f&&*ing hate to hear from numpties like you pal. It's the age old argument that all idiots fall back on. You're entitled to nothing if you've got f*** all to back your opinion with. Anyone who uses such a cliche is usually too dumb to realise the opposite is more the case. Bit like people who start sentences 'with all due respect' before doing anything but. Clown.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
I believe these two SCR employees have been suspended for an inappropriate and offensive reference to "window lickers".

Whilst I do not condone such language, and I fully appreciate your reasons for taking this action I would urge you not to take any further action and to reinstate the two of them as soon as possible.

I have listened to both of them for many years, and subscribe to the BHA commentary through Seagulls World. I consider Andrew Hawes to be an excellent and professional commentator and have never heard him say anything offensive or derogatory. Whilst Ian Harte may occasionally make unwise comments, I think we all understand that he never intends to offend and provides an authentic and passionate voice for Albion fans.

Thank you.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Entitled to your opinion is a line I f&&*ing hate to hear from numpties like you pal. It's the age old argument that all idiots fall back on. You're entitled to nothing if you've got f*** all to back your opinion with. Anyone who uses such a cliche is usually too dumb to realise the opposite is more the case. Bit like people who start sentences 'with all due respect' before doing anything but. Clown.

Sorry portlock seagull but how is this a proper argument, of course people are entitled to thier opinion. Resorting to swearing and insults is - infact - the sign of someone who cant hold an argument correctly.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Sorry portlock seagull but how is this a proper argument, of course people are entitled to thier opinion. Resorting to swearing and insults is - infact - the sign of someone who cant hold an argument correctly.

FFS. Not another one - silence fool. Be gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here