[NSC] Peter Sutcliffe

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Back then I stayed in a B&B opposite Roundhay Park in Leeds where his (first?) victim was found, and, as time passed and the murders continued, I had to keep going back there on various short courses for the Army resettlement service. I well remember the climate of fear generated by his crimes, and how female colleagues were not allowed to go out unaccompanied, not that they actually wanted to! We went everywhere by minibus, from B&B to training venue and back again, door to door, our under-vehicle bomb checks (the IRA were busy then) causing much less concern than the thought of one of our young women running into HIM! I don't think I've experienced such a weird atmosphere before or since. Glad the Grim Reaper has finally caught up with him though I doubt he experienced any of the terror he inflicted on his victims.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can't believe Frank's 'people' didn't jump on this immediately?

Its a horrible legacy for a national treasure.

Not sure Frank had any people back then.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
My dad went to the police at the time because he thought someone on a building site looked like him. Police interrogated my old man and wouldn't let him go for at least 24 hours.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Ouch. I think you’ll find that’d be you. Anyone who needs to point out PPF’s account (nee Das Reich’s account) is a spoof...

:facepalm:

Doubled Down eh? Quit while you are behind. This is the misspelt parody of the Das account.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
The issue now will be his disposal, as with Ian Brady and the Manchester Bomber, every funeral director approached will decline as will every municipal authority and private crematorium or cemetery, the aforementioned two were eventually cremated at a private government site, hopefully lessons will learnt and it will be done this time within days rather than weeks.

The other thing I do take issue with the continued media coverage, yes the majority of his victims were 'working girls', but they were all women, so why can't they leave it at that and just say he killed innocent women.

Apart from Jack Higgins' novels, I've never heard of a 'private government site' - presumably a crematorium. Do they really exist?

Black Hill

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
One of the officers who arrested him was decorated. However a few years later he falsified records ( as did so many) in relation to his duty at Hillsborough in 1989. Hyde I believe his name was.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Apart from Jack Higgins' novels, I've never heard of a 'private government site' - presumably a crematorium. Do they really exist?

Nothing more than a huge furnace, mainly used for classified document disposal Etc. Spoke to someone up at the Crem today and every crem op in this country is in UNITE, their entire membership en bloc can refuse to cremate him, same for the gravediggers, this is what happened with Brady, the only difference might be if if Sonia gets involved, but I still can’t see any funeral directors in the UK taking the job on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here