Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Peter Sutcliffe

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My Dad was interviewed in Hove for those murders, as born in Sunderland.

That Geordie, John Humble, phoning police with hoax messages cost lives and wasted police time and money.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You take this job of mod, far to seriously GB.

Come on this day is a day to celebrate for all those victims.

I too do not wish death on anyone but this guy was a real wrong-un.

Sentence two and three are spot on, which is why you and Klass spending the day arguing over beards would be tediuos and derailing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep, he barely affected me (I was questioned twice by the police but they were five minute chats, pretty much every male in Bradford was questioned) but female friends of mine were terrified, Sutcliffe had a huge impact on their social lifes. It's hard to convey to people who weren't there what the atmosphere was like.

I feel for you, having to relive that experience.

I don’t understand his wife. He was interviewed nine times, and twice she provided a false alibi.

D

Deleted member 2719

Sentence two and three are spot on, which is why you and Klass spending the day arguing over beards would be tediuos and derailing.

That was never going to happen, perhaps a little trust would be good. :angel:

I hope this brings some comfort to the victims families today, to know he never did see the light of day again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That was never going to happen, perhaps a little trust would be good. :angel:

I hope this brings some comfort to the victims families today, to know he never did see the light of day again.

He hasn’t seen the light of day since he was blinded in 2018, by another inmate. Give it a rest MB. This isn’t about you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The issue now will be his disposal, as with Ian Brady and the Manchester Bomber, every funeral director approached will decline as will every municipal authority and private crematorium or cemetery, the aforementioned two were eventually cremated at a private government site, hopefully lessons will learnt and it will be done this time within days rather than weeks.

The other thing I do take issue with the continued media coverage, yes the majority of his victims were 'working girls', but they were all women, so why can't they leave it at that and just say he killed innocent women

Agree 100%.

I remember how the whole tone in the media changed when he killed someone with a different job. The term 'innocent victim' was used. I found it sickening.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t understand his wife. He was interviewed nine times, and twice she provided a false alibi.

She sued Private Eye who dubbed her 'Mrs Ripper'.

May 24, 1989: Hislop fury as Yorkshire Ripper's wife wins £600,000 damages from Private Eye

"If that's justice, I'm a banana," said Private Eye editor Ian Hislop when Sonia Sutcliffe was awarded record libel damages after the satirical magazine accused her of selling her story to the papers.

Mrs Sutcliffe was awarded £25,000 of the damages immediately while the rest of the sum was held over pending an appeal by Private Eye. The appeal was successful, and the sum to be paid by the magazine was reduced to just £60,000. Private Eye scored a PR coup by donating the surplus of their fund to the families of Sutcliffe's victims.

But the telling point for me is she has been diagnosed with depression and schizophrenia. She was probably another victim of Sutcliffe, but a different sort.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am not sure how old you are, but Sutcliffe was committing these horrible crimes when I was at an impressionable age. His face on the news every day wearing that beard, he was the only person I could associate beards with at the time.

I have always believe grow a beard if you weird, it masks your deceit. Look at Corbyn for example, another serial beard wearer.

What have you been up to then Klass???

Do you see the irony with this post claiming other people are weird?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

May 24, 1989: Hislop fury as Yorkshire Ripper's wife wins £600,000 damages from Private Eye

"If that's justice, I'm a banana," said Private Eye editor Ian Hislop when Sonia Sutcliffe was awarded record libel damages after the satirical magazine accused her of selling her story to the papers.

Mrs Sutcliffe was awarded £25,000 of the damages immediately while the rest of the sum was held over pending an appeal by Private Eye. The appeal was successful, and the sum to be paid by the magazine was reduced to just £60,000. Private Eye scored a PR coup by donating the surplus of their fund to the families of Sutcliffe's victims.

But the telling point for me is she has been diagnosed with depression and schizophrenia. She was probably another victim of Sutcliffe, but a different sort.

Hislop is a bit of a banana tbf

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

She also appeared in the High Court the same day as Gulls Eye vs The Directors of BHA, she won £500,000 against the NOTW, we lost, my co editor Billy Watson did ask her to help us out but she declined.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Studied in West Yorkshire well after the murders and the impacts were still very much present. Male residents in our halls were located on the ground floor in each block while female were always on the top floors.

After all the money, resources and time spent trying to catch him I am am still amazed that he was actually caught through pure luck.

Like others have said most men in the Bradford/Leeds area were stopped and spoken to by Police while most women were petrified.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
"Hello Frank, it's Jimmy. I've got a pal I'd like you to meet."

Peter Sutcliffe  with Jimmy Savile and Frank Bruno.jpg

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Saw Wilma McCann’s son being interviewed on the BBC this morning. He was only 5 when his mum was murdered and has been trying to come to terms with this all his life. He’s suffered particularly badly because Yorkshire police described the non prostitute victims as the “innocent victims” implying that the others were in some way guilty. He’s asked Yorkshire police for an apology, but is still waiting.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Another case of 'I remember where I was when it happened'.
Taking my now wife home to her parents house in my van when it came on the radio he had been arrested. To be honest I presumed he was dead already, few last this long in jail.
Again, you need to be of a certain age to know how frightening times were back then will a killer on the loose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here