Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter James

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Tooth was a splendid villan in the last novel. Good to see he survived.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Film roles at the Albion?

Maybe Adam El Abd played by Jason Statham?

Gus Poyet played by Al Pacino

Charlie Oatway as himself - would make a great film 'baddie'.

there must be others......

Yeah, he does, that's how I met him, because he was on another one of his shadowing missions with whoever the match day controller was at Withdean. I realise there's always going to be some degree of artistic licence, because if a book really reflected a Superintendent's workload, it would probably be called Dead Boring, and feature Grace as he attended the weekly management meeting, discussing year on year performance figures and priority crime targets. Which may not make for much of a read. But yes, it does surprise me that nobody seems to have told him that you're more likely to see me elected the MP for Brighton Pavilion ward at the next general election than you are to see a Superintendent interviewing a suspect, much less chasing him in a marked car with blue lights on. He would never be going to grade one calls either.

So which character did he base on you Edna? :rolleyes:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Try Graham Hurley, his DI is called Joe Faraday and does a similar thing as Peter James about Portsmouth. IMHO he does it better.
My Mum used to dance with Peters Dad at the Regent before the war. ( Most older posters parents met at the Regent if they lived in Brighton)
If all else fails beg borrow or steal Lee Child and his character Jack Reacher, before Hollywood and Tom Cruise ruin it!

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
Saw him doing a book signing in Churchill Square this morning. I must admit I had never heard of him and had to read the poster to see who he was. Seemed like a good bloke though, he spent ages talking to each of his fans.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
i was never a great reader, but i am hooked. if nothing elese read the first Grace book which features a stag night that goes horribly wrong....

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I just finished the new one. I love all his books, the characters and of course the setting.
This was good.
Not great
IMO

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I read one of the Grace novels. Guff. Started another one but couldn't get past Chapter 2. I liked his horror ones better.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
What's his first one?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I have just finished Dead Tomorrow, really enjoyed it. I don't usually like these kind of police novels but I am on the lookout for another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here