Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter James

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've only read a couple but thought they were both good. The first one I read I started on my way back from work. It was Looking Good Dead. I was on the train coming back from London and the first chapter was about a character on a train coming back from London. Fortunately, I didn't have a laptop nor find a cd so I didn't end up like him!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just back from town where Peter James was doing a signing of the new Roy Grace book 'Dead Mans Grip' in the British Bookshops/Sussex Stationers in Western Road. Too good a chance to miss, especially as they have it reduced from £18.99 to £9.49. Get in! :clap:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just back from town where Peter James was doing a signing of the new Roy Grace book 'Dead Mans Grip' in the British Bookshops/Sussex Stationers in Western Road. Too good a chance to miss, especially as they have it reduced from £18.99 to £9.49. Get in! :clap:

Thanks for that, I might have to go along there in a second, my dad might be getting the same fathers day present as last year!

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
I've enjoyed them all and have been impressed by the incredible detail about Brighton. The only slightly implausible scene I can think of is when Grace chases some criminal or other on foot at top speed all the way from the North Laine to Preston Park station. I think that's beyond most people - even one who runs along the sea front most mornings (as the character is said to do).

I've enjoyed them all and have been impressed by the incredible detail about Brighton. The only slightly implausible scene I can think of is when Grace chases some criminal or other on foot at top speed all the way from the North Laine to Preston Park station. I think that's beyond most people - even one who runs along the sea front most mornings (as the character is said to do).
If I remember correctly, a few years back, HB&B and TLO had a spat about something very similar.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A mere £4.30 and downloaded to my kindle 2 mins after reading this thread. I f***ing love my kindle

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Tesco's had the hardack on offer for £5 the other week

pezza

Oct 26, 2010
seaford
Love a bit of Roy grace, shoe man was by far the best in the series there was talk that they were going to make the books into tv but haven't heard anything about it for awhile

pezza

Oct 26, 2010
seaford
Just checked his official website and he has posted that the production of the tv series is moving forward and they are currently searching for the actor to play Roy grace

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Try the second page :thumbsup:

Touché. :smile:

Just found it all a bit clichéd and ponderous, and the end seemed a bit rushed, using a silly literary device to wrap things up.

It probably didn't help that I had a US print of it so they kept going on about 'windshields' and 'sidewalks' and the 'city center'. Dem pesky yanks!

D

Deleted User X18H

If I remember correctly, a few years back, HB&B and TLO had a spat about something very similar.

That is uncanny . James obviously lifted that from NSC. Myself and TLO never did compete in the Drove - Gloucester Road cross country epic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is he still padding the Grace series with loads of back story?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here