Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Crouch Appreciation Thread PCAT

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
''Crouch’s five appearances for England have ended with five wins. The team has scored 10 goals in the 231 minutes (less than 2Å matches of playing time) he has spent on the field. His beneficial effect on Michael Owen, who has scored five times in 180 minutes operating alongside the big chap, is striking.

At home against Poland, Crouch came on with 23 minutes remaining and the score went from 1-1 to 2-1; against Argentina in Geneva, his 10 minutes as a substitute saw England go from 2-1 down to 3-2 winners; his last appearance was 25 minutes against Uruguay, during which he scored and helped turn a 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 win.

On statistics alone, there should be little debate about whom Sven-Göran Eriksson should pick instead of Rooney — unless you want to argue that Crouch’s impact coming off the bench is so extraordinary that it would be a pity to lose him as an “impact sub”.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
blimey, sense and sensibility from Chapmans the saviour !

couple that info with the possibility of Rooney maybe making the latter stages and a potential ( but by us at least, as yet unknown) genius in the squad in Walcott and we might score a few goals

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
:clap: :clap: :clap:

golden boot here comes pc

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
''Crouch’s five appearances for England have ended with five wins. The team has scored 10 goals in the 231 minutes (less than 2Å matches of playing time) he has spent on the field. His beneficial effect on Michael Owen, who has scored five times in 180 minutes operating alongside the big chap, is striking.

At home against Poland, Crouch came on with 23 minutes remaining and the score went from 1-1 to 2-1; against Argentina in Geneva, his 10 minutes as a substitute saw England go from 2-1 down to 3-2 winners; his last appearance was 25 minutes against Uruguay, during which he scored and helped turn a 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 win.

On statistics alone, there should be little debate about whom Sven-Göran Eriksson should pick instead of Rooney — unless you want to argue that Crouch’s impact coming off the bench is so extraordinary that it would be a pity to lose him as an “impact sub”.

PETER CROUCH :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Techno. Techno. Techno. Techno.

Last edited:

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
I hope :bowdown: Peter :bowdown: Crouch :bowdown: has a storming World Cup and a QPR legend, the beacon in our relegation season, shines for his country.

Don't reckon he will though :(

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:bowdown:
peter_crouch.jpg

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I first thought Crouch was a totally useless, lanky piece of crap. I saw him when he first appeared for Pompey, and general concensus was that he was not good enough - more likely to break his own legs than anything else. His first touch was poor, he had no vision, no control, and apart from being taller than everyone else, no real eye for goal.

I still don't understand how he is such a successful player, but at the end of the day, he is scoring goals all over the place at club and international level. He definitely has something, and even when he commits howling great cockups, he is still able to get back in later and cancel the cockups out. He is a good supplier for Owen/Rooney/whoever else is played up front, and the mix of "ridiculously tall" and "midget" works well. Strange, I can't think of anyone else that was physically like him that was a success.

I suppose that he is heading towards being rated as a great player, but he looks, well, wrong. His record is marking him out as a legend, and I hope he carries on.:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here