Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Crouch Appreciation Thread PCAT

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
BarrelofFun said:
Someone has had a few too many bacardi breezers

:lolol: you what? I assumed he was taking the mick out of crouches height which i dont understand at all seeing as its one of his main assets as a player!:shootself For the record i dont like bacardi breezers particularly and also cannot drink at the moment because of some medication im on so your thoughts are totally wrong :p

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Crouch is bollox.A very tall crap player

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
sir danny cullip said:
:lolol: you what? I assumed he was taking the mick out of crouches height which i dont understand at all seeing as its one of his main assets as a player!:shootself For the record i dont like bacardi breezers particularly and also cannot drink at the moment because of some medication im on so your thoughts are totally wrong :p

I meant Rogue, replied to the wrong thread originally

Sorry :cool:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
When Crouch has been allowed to settle into sides and work with those around him he has a very good record. Last night he started the move for the goal by passing the ball out of defence and made it to the other end to help with the final attack that led to the cross for Lampard. Give the boy a break FFS.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I like him. He makes a nuisance of himself, holds the ball up well (and not just because he is big) gives us a different option.

Probably not going to start a game in the WC, but if we are 1-0 up against Brazil with 10 mins to go he might be what we need to keep it that way.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Hmmm, Peter Crutch, no goals in many months... Or Darren Bent, shit loads of goals in just a few weeks.

Bit of a no brainer.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Hmmmm Crouch, Heskey or Bent????

Let's hope it never comes to this, but if it does..........Bent.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Eggman said:
Yes. Lets take a striker who can't score.

Excellent idea.

He is GASH, GASH, GASH. and not very good either.

Spot on.

Good touch for a big man. Bad touch for an international footballer. And for someone thats 6' 7", he wins f*** all in the air.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I can't remember him winning anything in the air last night, not very impressive for the tallest player on the pitch. I think he is hard to defend against because of his awkwardness, not so much his footballing skills. I really can't see what he has to offer. Mind you, if he scores the goal that wins the World Cup......

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Kent Seagull said:
I can't remember him winning anything in the air last night, not very impressive for the tallest player on the pitch. I think he is hard to defend against because of his awkwardness, not so much his footballing skills. I really can't see what he has to offer. Mind you, if he scores the goal that wins the World Cup......

He won the first header he went for.......

Selective memories!

I am not saying he should start, but he will be very useful. He proved that he can play at the top level of English football and did well last season with a relegated team. By all means start with Owen, Rooney or Defoe or Bent, but have him on the bench to bring on. Creates a few more options for Sven.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The world cup is still seven or eight months away yet. Let's see if he can actually manage a goal for Liverpool in that time before we pass judgement :jester:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
No first touch....
No control.....
No goals this season...

99-00 Tottenham nil

00-01 Queen's Park 10 Goals, 38 Games

01-02(mar) Portsmouth 18 Goals, 37 Games

01-02 Aston Villa 2 Goals, 12 Games

02-03 Aston Villa 14 Games

03-04 Aston Villa 4 Goals, 16 Games
04-05 Southampton 12 Goals, 27 Games

05-06 Liverpool 4 Games 3 Games (Champions League) 1 Games

So where is the GREAT SCORING RECORD to get him in the ENGLAND team?

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/profiles/16153.html

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Oh..... dont hit me wayne...

2679117735.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is it a coicidence that we won both games with him?

He has a better scoring record than Emile Heskey per game in the league and he has only played a handful of games for England so far....he can do a job for us.

I dont see everyones problem with him.

I for one would shield my face if Rooney blasted the ball at me, are you some kind of Bionic man SwindonSeagull?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here