Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Crouch Appreciation Thread PCAT

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Could not agree more. Nobody seems to remember him starting the move for the second goal back in his own box last night.
He played a simple, unchallenged, 10 yard pass out of defence. OK it was accurate enough to reach a white shirt, but lets not go overboard here - it was hardly the defining pass that led to the goal, its not like he beat 3 players then split the defence is it. He played a ball out of defence, nothing more, nothing less. It hardly justifies having the fella in the team.

Crouch is an honest enough footballer and I've not got anything against him (the fact that he was boo'd is pretty dispicable actually). He does his best, but he is a very limited footballer, and shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad. Its all very well being tall, but against Austria he was simply outmuscled in the air. I don't mind the idea of havnig a target man, but I don't think Crouch is an effective one.

Vieri he ain't.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Strange how being a limited, but big, centre forward gets you in the England side, only if you play for Liverpool. No matter how strange the signing was, if Liverpool sign you, you make the side.

I bet he's dropped like a brick if Liverpool sell him on to Birmingham.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
He played a simple, unchallenged, 10 yard pass out of defence. OK it was accurate enough to reach a white shirt, but lets not go overboard here - it was hardly the defining pass that led to the goal, its not like he beat 3 players then split the defence is it. He played a ball out of defence, nothing more, nothing less. It hardly justifies having the fella in the team.

Crouch is an honest enough footballer and I've not got anything against him (the fact that he was boo'd is pretty dispicable actually). He does his best, but he is a very limited footballer, and shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad. Its all very well being tall, but against Austria he was simply outmuscled in the air. I don't mind the idea of havnig a target man, but I don't think Crouch is an effective one.

Vieri he ain't.

He won the ball, look composed and play a good ball out of defence and was straight up the other end of the pitch to contribute to the attack, other than that he made a nuisance of himself and chased pretty much everything down. I'm not going overboard but he had a decent 15 minutes or whatever it was and I'm not going to have people take that away from him because he's lanky or whatever.

And yes Gritty, I agree about Heskey.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
BarrelofFun said:
He won the first header he went for.......

Selective memories!

Not on my TV he didn't. He leaned forward without his feet leaving the ground, and missed it by at least a foot. If he'd have hit it there wouldn't have been any power behind it anyway.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Voroshilov said:
Christ mate open your eyes. He did fine last night and he was ok against Austria, but no you've already made your mind up about him.

Presumably this is an attempt at irony?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Easy 10 said:

Vieri he ain't.

a ten yard pass the likes of Oatway would fail to make :lolol:

What would the point be in taking Darren Bent to Germany, he's too similar to Owen and Defoe. When Rooney got injured at Euro 2004 we paired Owen with Vassell, another similar player and it just didn't work. Yes Bent scores but so did Andy Cole, Ian Wright and Kevin Phillips - all shit in an England shirt.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
12 or 21??

crouch129lq.jpg

crouch217qq.jpg

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
legend

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'd take Crouch to Germany, we need to be able to change things around in the event that things start to go wrong and PC is a useful option IMHO

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I now would take him over HESKEY in a second. He's starting to really impress me. Definately an impact player coming off the bench.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
if people decided to sit down and watch him in a game for liverpool with no preconceptions then they would realise(if they have any footballing brain whatsoever) that PC is so much more than a heading target.

he sets up numurous chances for gerrard, kewell, garcia etc by holding up the ball and displaying a fantastic range of flicks and touches.

he also is quicker than people think and boy can he pass. very good at the through ball.

and yes he can head the ball very very well. he is a FANTASTIC option to have and has easily outplayed morientes this year for the 'pool.

for england(when the balls not being smashed in his general direction) he contributes so much. basically he drops deep and plays it out wide, now if rooney did exactly the same thing he is praised but because its 'lanky crouch' noone mentions it.

people need to clear there mind on crouch and realise that he is a very very good player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here