Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perspective

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
It does make me laugh that some muppets on here think we have a devine right to be in the Top Six of this division. We are all aware that we are not playing well, and from what I heard on the radio that includes Poyet. However we are competing in the CCL and have a fair chance of making top 6 this season but IMHO it is no more then that and this is what some of the Poyet out muppets need to realise. If Poyet was sacked who else would come in and do better?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It does make me laugh that some muppets on here think we have a devine right to be in the Top Six of this division. We are all aware that we are not playing well, and from what I heard on the radio that includes Poyet. However we are competing in the CCL and have a fair chance of making top 6 this season but IMHO it is no more then that and this is what some of the Poyet out muppets need to realise. If Poyet was sacked who else would come in and do better?

You say poyet agrees, he's the one who keeps picking the wrong team and failed to get the front man we so have needed since he f***ed off Murray

Dandyman

In London village.
To be fair mate, last season I wanted us top half... this season I fancy our top 6 chances, even now... but if we don't I won't be blindly calling for our managers head.

Agree, again. However while our defensive record is extremely good, our failure to score both enough goals and on a regular enough basis does suggest he either needs to re-think his tactical approach and/or we need more quality in attack. In fairness to CMS, I felt he was starved of service last season and while there have been improvements on that front we are still failing to provide a consistent or reliable enough supply to our front players (IMO).

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
You say poyet agrees, he's the one who keeps picking the wrong team and failed to get the front man we so have needed since he f***ed off Murray

Yeh we better sack him as he let Murray go because he wanted a final big payday and wasnt prepared to pay him a signing on fee the size of Palace.........old news. At least he saying we need to improve so hopefully he will do something about it. It's October FFS and we are 9th without playing well in the last month, no time to panick. Regarding the front man who has he failed to get? Surely they need to be available and within budget of the club. Who should he of signed oh font of all knowledge?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't forget at the end of September everyone on NSC were singing from the same hymn sheet... we were f***ing brilliant! I tend to leave the highs and lows to the sycophants, been there and seen it since 1971'ish ... boys will be boys.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't forget at the end of September everyone on NSC were singing from the same hymn sheet... we were f***ing brilliant! I tend to leave the highs and lows to the sycophants, been there and seen it since 1971'ish ... boys will be boys.
After Sheffield Wednesday even Pessimist Stat couldn't keep a lid on it.
Which makes the current form all the more concerning.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
After Sheffield Wednesday even Pessimist Stat couldn't keep a lid on it.
Which makes the current form all the more concerning.

Sheffield Wednesday, I have to admit, I thought was a new doorway for us, it was unbelievable tekkers (heard that somewhere before)... but didn't we do something similar last season, peaked and then went on a bad run? I am willing to give GP at least 4 seasons to get us to the (alleged) promised land, TB is willing to do the same, he publicly stated he wants us in the prem by 2016? I'm patient... so long as we don't go down, and who seriously thinks we'll be at the wrong end of the table (like 300 days ago)? We are fine, we are in a good place on the end of a bad run... hey it happens to most clubs... rather be us than Leeds or Sheff Wed, or any team below us to be fair, and a few above us that won't sustain it. LB is in a happy place with Brighton, and the detractors make my day, they give me a good laugh... but none of them have anything constructive to say. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism. I think we're awful right now, but I have a glass half full. We're doomed I tell you... doooooooomed!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
300 days ago we were plummeting in 16th place. This isn't the Withdean days or the Gillingham days, this is where we were on January 1, 2012.

301 days ago we had just lost to Coventry at the Ricoh (I was there, depressing), they got relegated and are now struggling in League 1.

From 300 days ago we pulled, neigh, hauled ourselves back into the play offs, and but for a bad end to the season may well have been top six.

Fast forward 300 days and we are on a terrible run, yet we are 9th and two points off the play offs, having the meanest defence in the division.

Please can the detractors get some perspective? I'm not looking for abusive comments, I'm looking for a bit of perspective, is that fair?

Live in the present, not the past.

Dickyboy

Feb 2, 2009
rustington
Problem we have is a lot of numpties that expect immediate results having joined while were on the up we all know the problem but good strikers are hard to find were not being hammered a bit of luck in front of goal and forwards are driven on confidence. Today was a good point gained roll on Tuesday!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Problem we have is a lot of numpties that expect immediate results having joined while were on the up we all know the problem but good strikers are hard to find were not being hammered a bit of luck in front of goal and forwards are driven on confidence. Today was a good point gained roll on Tuesday!

Thing is though [MENTION=12945]Dickyboy[/MENTION], real supporters will wait patiently, prem supporters want the manager out now.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Could you quote my 'insults' please troll.

OK.

You obviously have trouble understanding.

A troll is someone who tries to cause disruption and arguments on the internet just for the hell of it.

Only one of us is doing that.

If you think its me then look at the posts again.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
No one needs to find a bit of prospective just honest people stating their views
Birmingham poor lost 0-1
Ipswich Poor Drew 1-1
Derby average Drew 0-0
Mbrough average lost 0-1
Leicester poor lost 0-1
Blackpool poor drew 1-1 (although good point away)
3 points out of 18
Last 6 games
2 goals scored
Forget the past only as good as your last game
And can't see how in games coming up it's gonna change with no plan b and plan a not working
Were still good enough to stay in top half of division and we have the players to achieve more but the gameplan is just so wrong

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
300 days ago we were plummeting in 16th place. This isn't the Withdean days or the Gillingham days, this is where we were on January 1, 2012.

301 days ago we had just lost to Coventry at the Ricoh (I was there, depressing), they got relegated and are now struggling in League 1.

From 300 days ago we pulled, neigh, hauled ourselves back into the play offs, and but for a bad end to the season may well have been top six.

Fast forward 300 days and we are on a terrible run, yet we are 9th and two points off the play offs, having the meanest defence in the division.

Please can the detractors get some perspective? I'm not looking for abusive comments, I'm looking for a bit of perspective, is that fair?

so what? 30 years ago we were in the top division and just about to commence an FA Cup run that took us to Wembley (twice), regularly playing teams like Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs. Look how far we have fallen. Sort it out Bloom and Gus.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here