Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perspective

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Thing is though [MENTION=12945]Dickyboy[/MENTION], real supporters will wait patiently, prem supporters want the manager out now.
I don't care whether I'm a supporter of Bognor or Chelsea it's all about results and at present the results aren't good enough.

I'm not a hire or fire sort of bloke but how long can the board put up with no wins and few goals and stupid comments from the manager.

I've said on here before I like Gus and love the style of play but nothing beats a winning side, makes my beer taste oh so much sweeter. What would you prefer tippy tappy football with no end product or Palace's position?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
so what? 30 years ago we were in the top division and just about to commence an FA Cup run that took us to Wembley (twice), regularly playing teams like Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs. Look how far we have fallen. Sort it out Bloom and Gus.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics.

Well f*** off then, we don't need people like you.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't care whether I'm a supporter of Bognor or Chelsea it's all about results and at present the results aren't good enough.

I'm not a hire or fire sort of bloke but how long can the board put up with no wins and few goals and stupid comments from the manager.

I've said on here before I like Gus and love the style of play but nothing beats a winning side, makes my beer taste oh so much sweeter. What would you prefer tippy tappy football with no end product or Palace's position?

Are you an on hire Brighton fan? If so go support Crawley or whatever team of the month floats yer boat

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How long do we have to hold on to the past? Arguably we have the best stadium, the best home crowds, the best revenues and a squad that (on paper) is more than capable of making us serious contenders.

I'm not looking back, it's about the here and now, and the bar has been raised as far as I'm concerned, and my expectations have been raised too.

Best revenues? Where on earth do you get that fairy story from?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
No one needs to find a bit of prospective just honest people stating their views
Birmingham poor lost 0-1
Ipswich Poor Drew 1-1
Derby average Drew 0-0
Mbrough average lost 0-1
Leicester poor lost 0-1
Blackpool poor drew 1-1 (although good point away)
3 points out of 18
Last 6 games
2 goals scored
Forget the past only as good as your last game
And can't see how in games coming up it's gonna change with no plan b and plan a not working
Were still good enough to stay in top half of division and we have the players to achieve more but the gameplan is just so wrong
Great post. But I don't if any of the "glass half full" brigade will be quoting you and answering that!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Serious question. Where has Tony Bloom publicly stated that?

Read NSC pal, it is all here somewhere. The be all and end all. but he did say that on the back of Poyets contract, I think.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
300 days ago we were plummeting in 16th place. This isn't the Withdean days or the Gillingham days, this is where we were on January 1, 2012.

301 days ago we had just lost to Coventry at the Ricoh (I was there, depressing), they got relegated and are now struggling in League 1.

From 300 days ago we pulled, neigh, hauled ourselves back into the play offs, and but for a bad end to the season may well have been top six.

Fast forward 300 days and we are on a terrible run, yet we are 9th and two points off the play offs, having the meanest defence in the division.

Please can the detractors get some perspective? I'm not looking for abusive comments, I'm looking for a bit of perspective, is that fair?

Perspective???? ... we were and are Shite..... any view that says otherwise is blinkered in the extreme... and players like AB are not going to improve the situation.....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Well f*** off then, we don't need people like you.

I would rather you buggered off with your blinkered views.... we are Shite, Barnes is Shite.... Gus is in danger of looking Shite.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Best revenues? Where on earth do you get that fairy story from?

Bugger, you weren't supposed to read that :eek: ... thankfully I did say "arguably"

OK, in the absence of any facts it is an assumption, and only since the Amex obv. My logic is we have the biggest crowds, our prices are about as high as anyone's, I'm fairly confident our matchday sales of booze, grub and merch beats pretty well everyone (location and attendance) and I reckon we do OK in Corporate sales too. The only thing that might let us down is some sponsorship/advertising but even so Barber will have that sorted pretty quickly and I'm not sure it would impact too greatly on overall position. And obv revenues are not profits

So my "best revenues" is assumptive. You're clued up, is my logic that flawed?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

If you care about results so much, then support Palace as they need the fans. You'd even get in cheaper with your groupon voucher.

Form is temporary, ask the Palace fans who wanted to get rid of their manager 6 games ago. They got their wish, but not in the way that they wanted.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Bugger, you weren't supposed to read that :eek: ... thankfully I did say "arguably"

OK, in the absence of any facts it is an assumption, and only since the Amex obv. My logic is we have the biggest crowds, our prices are about as high as anyone's, I'm fairly confident our matchday sales of booze, grub and merch beats pretty well everyone (location and attendance) and I reckon we do OK in Corporate sales too. The only thing that might let us down is some sponsorship/advertising but even so Barber will have that sorted pretty quickly and I'm not sure it would impact too greatly on overall position. And obv revenues are not profits

So my "best revenues" is assumptive. You're clued up, is my logic that flawed?

Ugh ... replying to my own thread! Got it ... "parachutes"

Destroyed my own argument

white_flag.gif

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Ugh ... replying to my own thread! Got it ... "parachutes"

Destroyed my own argument

white_flag.gif

I do the same thing,i reply to my own post too,but i also ask what about consolidation payments? i thought every club in the Championship received about £5m from the league to "off set" the effects of the clubs getting parachute payments,perhaps somebody more clued up could confirm or deny this as fact.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I do the same thing,i reply to my own post too,but i also ask what about consolidation payments? i thought every club in the Championship received about £5m from the league to "off set" the effects of the clubs getting parachute payments,perhaps somebody more clued up could confirm or deny this as fact.

I didn't know about those. TBF [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] is fairly clued up on this stuff I think so he'll prob chip in again

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I didn't know about those. TBF [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] is fairly clued up on this stuff I think so he'll prob chip in again

I might have been imagining it,but i am sure somewhere i read about it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm not sure where the FL would get that kind of dosh

That's a good point think we need El Pres or Lord B on the case

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've had a quick look under the sub headings in the Football League website but can't find any reference to it, but as I say it was only a quick look.

Aug 15, 2003
Falkirk, Scotland
Yesterday was typical of Poyet. Prior to the game hes indicates changes are required and players need to step up to the mark but its the 'same old, same old.

What's the difference from when we got results in the past under Poyet? A positive attittude. The goalie is brilliant BUT we just kick the ball upfield where CMS is not strong on the air so the ball just comes back to our half. The full-backs aren't getting forward at all - I assume that this is tactical and therefore we are not making the best use of them. We need (and I think they can) the centre-backs to step up and not need to be protected all the time by the full-backs and 3 defensive mid-fielders. El-Abd needs to play the ball forward more (in a mesaured way). Playing with 3 defensive midfielders mean we are always on the back foot and they don't support the play going forward. How many time yesterday did they get over the half-way line? The 3 players up front don't have a chance and as they are not pushing forward the oppositions full-backs push on and we are under pressure.

After we scored yesterday how predictable were we? All the players behind the ball, getting in each other's way and no outlet. Now I think Bridcutt is great but only when he was subbed and we went to a 4 mid-field and 2 strikers did we start playing. I'm not saying drop Bridcutt but perhaps lose one of the defensive midfielders and go to win the game.

At the moment is seems safety first, which is the opposite of what Poyet did when he first came. He needs to be a bit more imaginative. He just seems to me it is all a bit complacent. Now's the time to step up Poyet.

One last thing, for those saying well done we are 9th and look where we could go. If you know your Brighton (I have supported the club for over 40 years), boring football at the Albion even if it means a high placing in the table doesn't satisfy us supporters. Ask Mike Bailey!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here