Votes: 53 34.9%
  • No, they symbolise that a wanker is driving the car

Votes: 99 65.1%

• Total voters

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Personalised number plates are for tasteless, noveau riche, pikey just won the lottery, no imagination to spend it on anything else, show off, sovereign ring wearing, golf playing, rags to riches, pink V-neck owning, buying ponies for your daughter, cut glass collecting, slip on shoe wearing, Old Spice splashing, Gold tap admiring, Fucksacks.

Got my plate in the boot at the mo, been on retention for a couple of years as I was going to change cars.
When I bought it I had some spare money and it was cheap
Thank f*** I only play golf out of that list, but I may be a fucksack.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Depends on the Plate and the Car.

Minimum value for a car with a 'personalised' plate should be about 10k (unless it's an old sports car), otherwise you should've just got a better car.

Also a 'personalised' plate should be a proper one without a reg year at the front (ie STP 1, not A1 STP), or it should actually read your name or something relevant.

In summary, M'Lords, Ladies and Gentleman if you name is Steven Terry Parker it would be only be acceptable to have a plate such as:

'S7EVE' or '8STP'

The prosecution rests

Obviously BHA plates are more than acceptable but i do not consider this to be a 'Personalised' plate

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
In germany you can choose any number plate you like and have it made up for about twenty Euros. The Germans know the real value of everything (human lives excepted, of course).

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Horrible idea...... but would have an albion one

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Personalised number plates are for tasteless, noveau riche, pikey just won the lottery, no imagination to spend it on anything else, show off, sovereign ring wearing, golf playing, rags to riches, pink V-neck owning, buying ponies for your daughter, cut glass collecting, slip on shoe wearing, Old Spice splashing, Gold tap admiring, Fucksacks.

el abd has one, as does kippers

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I actually bought one for someone else. But would not consider getting one for myself. I purchased a BHA one, and I know the sentimental value of it outweighs the financial cost massively. If you are given one as a gift, then I don't think you can apply all those stereotypes.

So many people have got irrelevant things on plates, like their intitials that only their family/friends would know. They're just pointless. But getting something which is acknowledgeable, like a company name is probably worth the expenditure.

Things like A1 BIG are just disgusting when on a BMW X4 and the like.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
PEN1S / PEN15 are just urban myths. Try run a HPI check on either of them, nothing comes up. The DVLA do their damndest to prevent 'rude' ones slipping out, the entire KN 08 and BO 08 runs are blocked off due to that...

I was going to get 09-DL-100 for my new car, but gave in and bought it in 08 meaning I'm stuck with an 08-D-61xxx plate for life on it. System here is horribly rigid... 100 is the model type of the car, to explain.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Advice from Half Man Half Biscuit:

"We've both seen your personalised reg plates.
And it's not the worst crime I agree.
But we both know full well,
they really should spell:

T - W - A - T - O - N - E.

:yahoo: :clap: :yahoo: :clap: :yahoo:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
BHA ones are cool

Had mine 12 years or more now. Used to drive it to the Goldstone when there was only 1 other BHA plate about (apart from Greg Stanleys ALB1ON) so got many envious looks - now there are dozens up Mill Road on a matchday. Been on 5 or 6 different cars. Just wouldn't feel like my vehicle now without it.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
article-1050425-0274CD5000000578-250_224x343.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here