• No, they symbolise that a wanker is driving the car

Votes: 99 65.1%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am wrestling with the idea of getting one. Half of me thinks I want one, the other half thinks they are just for wankers. Help!!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't like them.

I was offered one for my 21st from my parents (either that or £500) - I took the money!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Personalised number plates are for tasteless, noveau riche, pikey just won the lottery, no imagination to spend it on anything else, show off, sovereign ring wearing, golf playing, rags to riches, pink V-neck owning, buying ponies for your daughter, cut glass collecting, slip on shoe wearing, Old Spice splashing, Gold tap admiring, Fucksacks.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Personalised number plates are for tasteless, noveau riche, pikey just won the lottery, no imagination to spend it on anything else, show off, sovereign ring wearing, golf playing, rags to riches, pink V-neck owning, buying ponies for your daughter, cut glass collecting, slip on shoe wearing, Old Spice splashing, Gold tap admiring, Fucksacks.

Yeah...........i've got one!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Wankers who drive BMW's and Jaguars get personalised number plates.

Don't do it, for the love of god.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
You have my sympathy.

It was bought for me as a present. At the time it was not sometging I would have considered buying, but now really like it.

And I really don't care if that makes me a knob (which is what I used to think of people with personalised plates)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The real problem with a personalised number plate is that it makes you stand out, especially to the Police. The plain fact is that most people don't like them because they're jealous that they can't afford one. However the fact that you have doubts says you shouldn't waste your money. I wouldn't bother myself.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I used to think they were quite cool when only rich people could afford them, now you can get them pretty cheap and you see them on all sorts of chavved up cars.

*waits for Simster to pipe up about his personalised plate*

terrymendez

Nov 22, 2006
Dials
At the end of the day its a material item that makes the owner feel they are a little bit special...if its a number plate that makes you feel good get one.

Also depends what you are putting it on, a DB9 quality, a Mondeo errr no.

The Cardinal

Bishop of Withdean
Sep 2, 2008
St Peters

Amen.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I have one, but it just a personal think, it just happen to be on a old pre suffix letters age bike i was restoring and was relevant to me so i transferred it onto my car.

But would buy a better one if money was not an issue, you have to bear in mind those that buy the posh ones the cost of it is just the difference in the bank balance.

Some people like them some don't and other don't even notice them, those that do notice them and comment on them or criticise them i believe just wish they did have one, or else they would not notice them in the first place.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

2 out of 15 (used to be 3 but the pink v-neck went in the 90's)... it's a BHA plate and it was a present.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11

:ohmy:

Mine was a Birthday present. And I am none of the above

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

you not got N18 BLE then :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here