Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Personal question for those of you not stuck on the shelf...

Lush

Mods' Pet
I met mine at a house party where he lived with some mates. He was dancing on his own in the garden and I thought he looked nice so went outside to talk to him. He got very embarrassed - to such an extent that he left me standing there saying he needed to find a bin liner to pick up all the empty cans and bottles which had been left round the house. And that was that.

Fortunately one of his mates fixed it so we sat next to each other at a dinner a few weeks later - so he couldn't run away.

:D

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Was on a family holiday in Cornwall and asked the bar staff about which of the entertainment team girls were available. Was told all but one where in relationships and the single one liked men to be dominant. Didn't know what she looked like but for a laugh said she was going for a drink with me on her night off. She was too shy to see who it was that night by was forced to dance with me the following night. we've been seeing each other for 6 months despite her living in Bolton and me in Maidenhead!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I met my better half via friends like most people i think.
Andrea worked with my best mates wife so we kept running into each other now and then, as usual i missed all the signs she liked me until she basically forced herself on me !
And i certainly wasnt going to resist :)

11 years later and a 2 year old boy, and things are still hunky dory.:)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We met at school and church in Worthing, aged 13... cycled to school together in the mornings, went to the same youth group, parties etc... went out with eachothers friends for a few years - but often in a foursome or group because we enjoyed being together too - we are and always were good friends.

When we were 17 the inevitable happened and we 'got together' - after years as a student in Leicester / nurses training in London, we got married in Worthing, aged 22, and are still happily together with 3 kids (15, 13 and 9) nearly 18 years later!

I don't think there ever was a 'chat up line' as such - we just did what came naturally!

:)

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
met mine at the 'works' nightclub in kingston! she pinched my arse i pulled her and 3 years on :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was strapped to the ceiling of my local S&M torture chamber one night, and someone was tightening the studded leather straps around my wrists. My gimp mask prevented me from seeing who it was, but amongst the suffocating odours of sweat and semen, there was a devine smell of perfume in the air, which only served to heighten my arousal. I had a golf ball in my mouth though, so communication was difficult. I managed to muffle out the words "mmmffwha aah yoo dddoooinggff aaafffta ?"

Once she removed my mask I knew she was the girl for me, and ten years on we're still together. Its Friday again, so tonight I will be blindfolded and tethered to the rotary washing line in the garden, while she puts pegs on my scrotum. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
On the Left Wing said:
Dear mate

Having been married three times, with 5 wonderful children via four different mothers, I need a lot of time to think this through. Cos although I have never had any problem picking up wonderful (and not so wonderful) and usually much younger women and going into meaningful relationships, I have also managed to feck them up!!!
So I could give you a few starters, but would leave it to you after that!!! Cos women are great, but I ain't too hot at the rest!

Similar story here - 3 marriages, 4 children, a lot of grief and aggravation on the way but loads of good times as well.

Met my first wife when I was working in a pub in petersfield - went back to her house the first night and had to endure a surreal moment when her boyfriend turned up the following morning to collect his stuff. Married 1984, divorced 1988

Met my second wife in 1987, again in a pub after first wife ran off with Poiliceman on Police Training Course. Married 1988, separated 1993, divorced 1994. Produced oldest son Ben but apart from that a relationship definately on the rebound

Met Justine in 1993 when she worked for me at HSBC - after a few good performance reviews we were together, married in 1995 and apart from a hiccup in 1999 (story for another time) we are blissfully happy. We have 2 children together, plus Ben from my second marriage and Sophie from Justine's previous.

So, I got there in the end. It just took a bit longer than others! I love women and whilst this can cause your downfall, it also gives you the best of times as well.

:clap2:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Easy 10 said:
I was strapped to the ceiling of my local S&M torture chamber one night, and someone was tightening the studded leather straps around my wrists. My gimp mask prevented me from seeing who it was, but amongst the suffocating odours of sweat and semen, there was a devine smell of perfume in the air, which only served to heighten my arousal. I had a golf ball in my mouth though, so communication was difficult. I managed to muffle out the words "mmmffwha aah yoo dddoooinggff aaafffta ?"

Once she removed my mask I knew she was the girl for me, and ten years on we're still together. Its Friday again, so tonight I will be blindfolded and tethered to the rotary washing line in the garden, while she puts pegs on my scrotum. I wouldn't have it any other way.

:lolol: :lolol:

D

Deleted User X18H

I used to ask are you from Brighton or Hove and get them to produce ID luckliy for her Mrs HB&B has lived her since she was 14
moved form Cornwall via the IOW so she qualifies

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I met my wife at work, she was engaged to someone else, but it wasn't going well, and I was there to take full advantage ! Six years later, we have two lovely boys and are very happy!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Easy 10 said:

Damn it Easy, you gotta stop doing that. My boss is now wondering why I'm sitting here laughing to myself.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
hiney said:
Similar story here - 3 marriages, 4 children, a lot of grief and aggravation on the way but loads of good times as well.
Is the third one the lass who is into street-brawling with the neighbours?

I met my better half at a small house-party nearly four years ago. I didn't originally fancy going, but the hostess in question always seemed to have messed up, angry, divorced or single women at her parties, so I decided at the last minute to go. Who said I was shallow?

I got talking to XXXXX (she doesn't like me using her name on here :rolleyes: ) and offered to walk her home. When we got to her place, she said 'well, I can't invite you in, but thank you for walking me home, and I hope to see you again soon.' I said 'OK, but can I use your loo first please?' 'Oh, certainly', she said. SUCKER!

I still haven't been home yet. I really ought to go and collect my things from my own flat.

She did subsequently tell me that she couldn't remember my name in the morning. What a quality bird.

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
My wife was introduced to me by a collegue. AS HIS GIRLFRIEND! Whoops!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
hiney said:

Met my first wife when I was working in a pub in petersfield - went back to her house the first night and had to endure a surreal moment when her boyfriend turned up the following morning to collect his stuff. Married 1984, divorced 1988

Met my second wife in 1987, again in a pub after first wife ran off with Poiliceman on Police Training Course. Married 1988, separated 1993, divorced 1994. Produced oldest son Ben but apart from that a relationship definately on the rebound

Met Justine in 1993 when she worked for me at HSBC - after a few good performance reviews we were together, married in 1995 and apart from a hiccup in 1999 (story for another time) we are blissfully happy. We have 2 children together, plus Ben from my second marriage and Sophie from Justine's previous.

So, I got there in the end. It just took a bit longer than others! I love women and whilst this can cause your downfall, it also gives you the best of times as well.

:clap2:

Seems we have quite a lot in common Ian!!! Including the hic-cup - which I wil also not relate now! And one of my kids is also called Ben (although he is 20 now!) ...
My dates are:
First wife met 1979, married 1981 Divorced 1989 (one son)
Second wife met 1991, married 1993 Divorced 1998 (two daughters)
Third wife met 1998, married 2003 (one son)

and then sandwiched in this is Tanya's (other daughter) mum, whom I met in 1984! oops! But regular readers of NSC know this story already!

:eek:

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Met her at University just before the summer break - she was very attractive and seemed to like the right kind of music, so I managed to get her address off her on the basis that I would send her a tape of my new favourite obscure band. After being utterly bowled over by my incredible musical taste and ability to write a nice letter we met up a few times over the summer and ended up deciding to go on holiday together, which was great. Five years later I finally decided we were no longer 'too young' to get married... :clap2:

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I met my current girlfriend in Cream nightclub in Liverpool while I was at Uni. We had actually met for the first time at a mutual friends party the week before, but at the time I'd been dying to get out of there to get back to see my previous girlfriend, so I didn't really pay her that much attention, even though I thought she was good-looking.

It was probably my "can't really be arsed with you" attitude that make her interested, cos she seemed used to getting her own way with most things.

Five years later, I still can't be arsed, she still gets her own way and (I think) she's still interested.

Last edited:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
went camping with my gf after 2 years to "save our relationship" -camping was a big party - my gf fell asleep, i stayed up all night chattin to this girl, 2 weeks later i had left my gf for her.

:p

Albion Rob

I mt my girlfriend in a nightclub (classy!). She had been in my class at college but I had never spoken to her because I didn't think we would have much in common. We got chatting one night after making eye contact (we were both approaching our second year of uni) and the rest is history.

Been together for four year now. A few ups and a few downs but she's alright really.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I had known my boyfriend for a while as he sat behind me on the supporters coach travelling to away games. Got to know him as a footy buddy gradually then one day we both thought of each differently. It was my birthday and after having a meal with my mum and my sister and a few glasses of wine (dutch courage) I text him to arrange to meet him after. He was the best birthday present I have ever had lol!! That was nearly six months ago and I couldn't be happier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here