Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Personal question for those of you not stuck on the shelf...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just curious, but following on from the 'best chat up lines' earlier, how did you meet your current partner? What were the chat up lines that got you your partner, or that your partner used on you to make them have a life with you? We're you coerced (all right stitched up) by friends? Was it an old school friend? Was it the distant look when your eyes met across the crowded room, with the thunderbolt from above about two seconds later? Did you get drunk with a bunny-boiler? Or did you just prefer a blow up sheep to a real one that day?

I don't want to come over all Richie Morris (ooer) with yet another bloody lifestyle poll / question, but it looks like I am going to do just that. Sorry, I am genuinely curious...

Go.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I met my wife at the Top Rank Suite.

I was so pissed I told her my name was someone else but we are still together and have 2 kids so it can't be too bad.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Dear mate

Having been married three times, with 5 wonderful children via four different mothers, I need a lot of time to think this through. Cos although I have never had any problem picking up wonderful (and not so wonderful) and usually much younger women and going into meaningful relationships, I have also managed to feck them up!!!
So I could give you a few starters, but would leave it to you after that!!! Cos women are great, but I ain't too hot at the rest!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I first spoke to my wife on the no.49 bus to moulsecoomb(where we both lived)I had admired her for a while but didn't have the "bottle" to talk to her until a friend of hers told me that the feeling was mutual.32 years and 3 children later we're still together

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
sams dad said:
I first spoke to my wife on the no.49 bus to moulsecoomb(where we both lived)I had admired her for a while but didn't have the "bottle" to talk to her until a friend of hers told me that the feeling was mutual.32 years and 3 children later we're still together
Have you spoken to her yet, though? :lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
First wife .. I told her best friend I fancied her (must have been pissed at the time) - then mutually arranged to be at the same party. That was the same weekend we got promoted from the old 2nd division in 1979!

Next partner .... far too complicated to explain!

Second wife ... her mother was a matchmaker. We met a west coast of Scotland ceilidh and she blew cigarette smoke into my face (how romantic - not!).

Third wife (and 4th partner) I interviewed her for a job, fancied her and then became her boss. Corruption of power! But six years on we still love one another and can't ever imagine being apart.

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Knew her from school, but at a dodgy Discho down the country where I was DJ'ing and she came along as support was we we hit it off.

Whilst playing some really crap Scooter. We're stuck with "The Logical Song" as "our song", but its the squeaky-hamster-singing version of it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I met my girl at a Swingers party in Soho last year.

Well, a stag do with a Swingers (the movie) theme, to be more precise.

Walked into the bar and immediately clocked a blonde dancing very sexily.

30mins later and my mates are still standing around like lemons while the blonde and a group of girls - a hen party, natch - are ripping up the dance floor. (Not literally, obviously)

Don't usually hit on girls completely out of the blue but I was so embarrassed to be part of a group of dull-looking twats, that I just went up to her and told her she was fantastic.

And she still is.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Met my current girlfriend at a house party a few months ago. My opening line was: "Has anyone ever told you you've got beautiful feet?"

Believe it or not that did the trick.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Only long-term partner I met thru a Tennis club where the social life was superb.

She kept saying me that wanted someone like me etc. etc. - like a complete fuckwit I didn't clock the hints :dunce: after a few months of this she plied me with tonnes of Brandy one night & an Enya CD. The rest, as they say, is history.

10 years later I stupidly went off with someone else :shootself:

Ho Hum..........:(

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I met my first husband in the NAAFI club whilst in the WRNS. He had been out with friends for a drink and chinese. I was sitting with a group of friends.
The two groups merged and we got talking.
He asked me out (but was fairly tanked up at the time)
I could see the pathway from his quarters (area of his accommodation) and knew that he hadn't left the building. I was hesitant anyway because he was tanked up when he asked me out. So neither of us turned up.
We bumped into each other a week or so later and he apologised for not turning up. I told him I hadn't either. We burst out laughing and started again from there.

I met Ned at church. I was going through my divorce from my first husband (who ran off with a barmaid after 21 years)
We both liked football. Sheff Wed were in the Cup Final and we talked about our respective teams. Although he is 20 years younger than me we have a lot in common including our music tastes. He realised a lot sooner than me that he was falling in love. I thought of him as a good mate.
Gradually over the months I realised he felt more for me but it took me another 5 or 6 months to have the courage to start 'dating' again.
Once I did, that was it and we married a year later. (and of course converted him to an Albion fan)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
She was in the same class at BHASVIC as my best mate (I was at Varndean), so we used to go out as a group of friends. My mate fancied her rotten and I just thought she was out of my league. She then invited me to one of her mates house parties got me drunk and seduced me. Bitch.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I met my current missus at a party at my ex's sisters, we were both really pissed, so I cant remember much chat up lines, and I held her hand while she was being sick out of the taxi.

I used to think she had really good taste till she told me she thought TLO was funny:lolol:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I have the proud boast of meeting my Mrs at Glastonbury, she got introduced to me by Zoe Ball, now known as Mrs Cook.

We've now been married over 3 years and have a 2 year old boy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here