Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perry v Jordan, tonight, BBC SCR

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Arthur said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Sorry but that IS funny!

As said twice already, how is saying to a 4 year old that his dad is a paedo queerboy in any shape form or way funny?

You must be a real hoot to be around.

SJ's Love Monkey said:
So if Dick Knight or someone from Brighton was on there and called Palace fans Palace scum or something similar you would be appalled would you?

Absolutely - can you imagine in a million years a gent like Dick Knight referring to any other football fans as "scum"?

What Jordan said was worse though, because it taps dangerously into a contemporary social problem of hatred of gays, you still get a lot of gay-bashing in schools and suicide rates among gay teens are still much higher than the average.

He has got to grow up and realise that while his words on their own are unlikeley to cause damage, they contribute to a climate of nasty opinion that can.

And before you ask, I don't have a particular beef with Jordan generally, I usually find his publicity-hound antics quite entertaining.

SJ's Love Monkey said:
But be fair Buzzer there wouldn't be the outcry from Brighton fans if it hadn't been Simon Jordan saying it would there?

Think you are wrong there, if another league chairman had said it I think there would be a much bigger outcry. As it was Jordan, well-known terrace lad chairman, most people just roll their eyes, shrug their shoulders, maybe say "twat", and then move on. He actually gets away with far more because of that image of himself he presents as a risque joker.

If a more sober-minded chairman who we had no real rivalry with had said this about Brighton fans, first off the shock levels would have hundred times more and I think the subsequent backlash would have been more intense.

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So Simon Jordan is a twat who think's it's acceptable to say that kind of thing on national TV.

Just the latest addition to the long list of reasons why I wouldn't give him the time of day or piss on him if he was on fire.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Buzzer said:
As said twice already, how is saying to a 4 year old that his dad is a paedo queerboy in any shape form or way funny?

You must be a real hoot to be around.

Awww shucks, thanks! But given how you've massively over-reacted about this whole Simon Jordan parlavar I expect we probably wouldn't get along very well. So probably best if we don't go out for a night out any time soon.

Thanks for the complements though.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's the old problem of what's 'banter' and what's 'abuse'. Frankly away fans singing "Does your boyfriend know you're here" or even "Do you take it up the arse?" I class as 'banter'; unoriginal and slightly tasteless perhaps but no worse than us chanting "Sheepshaggers!", "Dirty northern bastards!" or (to Hereford and Shrewsbury fans) "You're Welsh and you know you are!" Long may it all continue.

BUT what was said to Buzzer and his son was abuse and should be stamped out. I just don't want to see the baby thrown out with the bathwater, I don't want to see the emotion and passion of football crowds reduced to the level of tennis spectators.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Now this is what a Brighton fan posted about Cardiff fans today. So why is this acceptable among you but what Jordan said isnt?

bristolseagull said:
Why not just get tickets in the wolves end?

bit of a mision just to watcha bunch of sheep shaggers.

I am sorry but that is as offensive to Cardiff fans as what Uncle Si said to your lot on Saturday, surely? So what's the difference i am intrigued to know

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Now this is what a Brighton fan posted about Cardiff fans today. So why is this acceptable among you but what Jordan said isnt?

I am sorry but that is as offensive to Cardiff fans as what Uncle Si said to your lot on Saturday, surely? So what's the difference i am intrigued to know

The difference is this is the thought of one Brighton fan on an interenet message board.

Not the thoughts of a man in a position of responsibility in football and the media, and employer to thousands of people, made on a widely watched television channel.

How would you feel if you were a gay man going for a job interview with Simon Jordan, having heard his comments?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
jonny.rainbow said:
The difference is this is the thought of one Brighton fan on an interenet message board.

Not the thoughts of a man in a position of responsibility in football and the media, and employer to thousands of people, made on a widely watched television channel.

How would you feel if you were a gay man going for a job interview with Simon Jordan, having heard his comments?

Oh have a day off mate its a stereotype and like most stereotypes its not true! What do you think that all Australians wear corked hats and are all called Bruce?

No just the same way that not everyone really thinks Brighton fans are all gay!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Oh have a day off mate its a stereotype and like most stereotypes its not true! What do you think that all Australians wear corked hats and are all called Bruce?

The point is that a man in Jordan's position has shown that he thinks homosexuality is fair game for ridicule.

I doubt any Homosexuals working for hiim feel the same way you do.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
SJ's Love Monkey said:

In a sense what Simon Jordan actually said is not wrong in itself, apart from insinuating that we are all gay. Never did he say that homosexuality is wrong and so on. However, saying something like that is encouraging homosexual ‘banter’, which in turn leads to the homophobic taunts.

It is not just about Brighton fans being offended, but the homosexual community as a whole. Why should it be ridiculed?

As far as the sheep shagging is concerned, that IS banter. There is no such thing as sheep shagging, except the odd case I am sure (Mr Alifi and the Goat).

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
SJ's Love Monkey said:

Well they are arent they bunch of bleeden criminals!:p

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Arthur said:
Awww shucks, thanks! But given how you've massively over-reacted about this whole Simon Jordan parlavar I expect we probably wouldn't get along very well. So probably best if we don't go out for a night out any time soon.

Thanks for the complements though.

Just a quick question how would you react to that insult?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Perry Milkins said:
Just a quick question how would you react to that insult?

Well as it made me chuckle last night I expect I'd probably laugh it off. Quite frankly I've been called worse in the past and no doubt it will happen in the future.

One of the things that makes football great in my opinion is for 90 minutes you can have a completely irrational hatred for another team whether that be the supporters, players, officials whoever. People interpret that hatred in their own individual way.

Do you think the chap that actually said it believed the fella was going in to the toilets to sexually abuse his kid?? I very much doubt it.

Maybe my tolerance to such things is higher than some of you but I really wouldn't be offended what some drunken berk said to me and if the kid has been raised properly then s/he will no the difference between right and wrong and when it's appropriate to call someone paedo bumboy or what ever it was.

Last edited:

Arthur said:
Well as it made me chuckle last night I expect I'd probably laugh it off.

He probably would have too if he was on his own but he was with his little boy. Would you really be happy with stuff being said like that around your kids?

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Arthur said:

Maybe my tolerance to such things is higher than some of you but I really wouldn't be offended what some drunken berk said to me and if the kid has been raised properly then s/he will no the difference between right and wrong and when it's appropriate to call someone paedo bumboy or what ever it was.

So you're expecting a 4 year old to be able to understand that. You don't have kids do you.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Mr Jordan's publicist Max Clifford told The Argus: "If anybody has seen the programme they will understand it was just a bit of banter. The Brighton fans were jeering Simon and his comment was very much tongue-in-cheek and nothing more."

So now Jordan has his publicist accusing us of RIMMING. :angry: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here