Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perry v Jordan, tonight, BBC SCR

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Buzzer said:
straw that broke the camel's back. I'm sick and tired of having to hear it. Sick and tired of my 2 boys getting the same abuse.

Northwich Victoria fan told my 4 year old son to watch it as I was a paedo queerboy when I took him to the loo at Albion recently.

Make an example of high profile people ad maybe, just maybe the cro-magnons must take notice.

Now that is well out of order i can understand you being livid about that

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
SJ's Love Monkey said:
But that wouldn't be your first reaction would it, you would be laughing your nut off at the fact that a Brighton luminary had taken the piss out of Palace fans, as palace fans did on Saturday.

I'm not saying he wasn't ill advised to say it but to Palace fans it was highly amusing because it was Brightonn fans he said it to.

and if he'd called Arsenal fans jungle bunnies? Laughing still?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Buzzer said:
straw that broke the camel's back. I'm sick and tired of having to hear it. Sick and tired of my 2 boys getting the same abuse.

Northwich Victoria fan told my 4 year old son to watch it as I was a paedo queerboy when I took him to the loo at Albion recently.

That's appalling.

The Albion policeman PC Balcombe said that there had been arrests earlier in the season of people shouting obscenities at Withdean.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Buzzer said:
and if he'd called Arsenal fans jungle bunnies? Laughing still?

But that is the point Buzz he wouldn't have said anything to Arsenal fans because he doesn't care about Arsenal, Palace and Brighton its in his blood. (Don't get me wrong i'm not saying he was right to say what he said he doesn't engage his brain sometimes and acts on impulse which considering the position he holds he needs to sort out)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yorkie said:
That's appalling.

The Albion policeman PC Balcombe said that there had been arrests earlier in the season of people shouting obscenities at Withdean.

didn't get a proper look at the bloke as I'd have ended up with pee all over me and my son so couldn't identify who said it.

Otherwise...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
SJ's Love Monkey said:
But that is the point Buzz he wouldn't have said anything to Arsenal fans because he doesn't care about Arsenal, Palace and Brighton its in his blood. (Don't get me wrong i'm not saying he was right to say what he said he doesn't engage his brain sometimes and acts on impulse which considering the position he holds he needs to sort out)

okay..if Ken Friar had made a joke about Spurs fans persecuting Arabs. Would Spurs fans be laughing?

SJ's Love Monkey said:
No the words you are looking for is if the chairman of Crystal Palace Football Club saying it

And there is the crux of this argument. The word Chairman, with that position goes a lot of responsiblity, something that Tango Man wouldn't know about.
It's obvious what he is trying to do, get himself on telly more.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Southover Street Seagull said:
And there is the crux of this argument. The word Chairman, with that position goes a lot of responsiblity, something that Tango Man wouldn't know about.
It's obvious what he is trying to do, get himself on telly more.

I think you could well be right unfortunately

SJ's Love Monkey said:
I think you could well be right unfortunately

I think Jordan has said some very insightful things in the press over the last few years, and it pains me to say this I agree with a lot of what he says.
This time though he was very silly and it just seems he is starting to beleive his own publicity.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
I think Jordan has said some very insightful things in the press over the last few years, and it pains me to say this I agree with a lot of what he says.
This time though he was very silly and it just seems he is starting to beleive his own publicity.

I think genuine football fans have a grudging admiration for Jordan even Brighton and Millwall fans, he does talk sense sometimes and he isn't scared of upsetting the cosy football applecart. However he has a habit of oversepping the line sometimes and even though i am sure he would say there was no malice intended and it was a bit of banter, he has to think of his position and not always as a Palace fan.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
SJ's Love Monkey said:
I think genuine football fans have a grudging admiration for Jordan even Brighton and Millwall fans, he does talk sense sometimes and he isn't scared of upsetting the cosy football applecart. However he has a habit of oversepping the line sometimes and even though i am sure he would say there was no malice intended and it was a bit of banter, he has to think of his position and not always as a Palace fan.

That about sums it up. It is, imo very refreshing to have a supporter as chairman who is, shall we say from the terraces, and able to have a bit of banter with the fans. However this can so easily overstep the mark. Personally I took no offence to this, but can see why some would. Just a shame that they couldn't of given the fans "right to reply" as it were.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would describe Jordan as a person who throws diamonds into a cesspit.

He does come out with some good points, but unfortunately, they are drowned out by the crap all around them.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I think the thing is not so much that SJ's a Palace fan as, let's be fair, the rivalry between our two clubs wouldn't be the same without all the name-calling. The problem is in his position he should know better as it's going to appeal to all the morons out there such as the one Buzzer mentioned earlier.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
I personally dont find his comments offensive in the slightest, after all we heard it a million times, i just think he came across as a bit of an embarressment to CPFC.

He just aint funny, and you just get the feeling that a few of his mates dared him to come out with a 'Gay' comment on tv.
:lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

His columns are ghosted. The level of articulacy and thought in his newspaper columns is totally at odds with with his abrupt simple lowest common denominator manner on tv. Either that or he is still on the charlie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here