Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perry puts the boot into Neighbour

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Never in 33 years have I heard that.

Maybe the big eared boys on farms in rural sussex use it?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Dave the Gaffer said:
....only if people believe those facts Jim.

Surely facts are facts because there backed up with solid evidence. Therefore making them irrefutable.

Believe whoever you like, but the facts speak for themselves.

And I've never heard that stupid saying either! :clap2:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well a few people I know are STILL saying oh its terrible that they are building a stadium where that nice village is :angry: :angry: :angry:

The punters need to be educated better.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Biscuit said:
Surely facts are facts because there backed up with solid evidence. Therefore making them irrefutable.

Believe whoever you like, but the facts speak for themselves.

And I've never heard that stupid saying either! :clap2:

Oh for goodness sake.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Gwylan said:
That's pure nonsense. pretty much everyone from Sussex will know the phrase "We wun't be druv" - I first learned it when I was a little child.

It's scarcely obscure: I remember Julie Burchill using it in a column a few years back - if it were known to only a few people, who did a newcomer from London pick it up?

I thought it was a great phrase for the campaign: typically Sussex and described our feelings perfectly.

Sussex born and breed for approaching 40 years and I buggered if I understand it. Neither does my wife or brother who are both Sussex born and breed.

It seemed a bit of a gamble that enough people would understand it to make it worth using - postings on here would appear to contridict your statement somewhat.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If you are one of the few who has never been presented with evidence that Councillor
David Neighbour plans to tap into the national resurgence of overt clericalism, then be glad that the task to educate yourself has just become easy. With this letter, I compile all of the necessary evidence into one easy-to-read document. With this letter, I hope to show principle, gumption, verve, and nerve. But first, I would like to make the following introductory remark: His reason is not true reason. It does not seek the truth, but only dishonest answers, narrow-minded resolutions to conflicts. Many experts now believe that his behavior might be different if he were told that masochism is arguably the most frightening and devastating problem facing us all. Of course, as far as Councillor Neighbour's concerned, this fact will fall into the category of, "My mind is made up; don't confuse me with the facts." That's why I'm telling you that I oppose his cock-and-bull stories because they are crapulous. I oppose them because they are self-righteous. And I oppose them because they will twist our entire societal valuation of love and relationships beyond all insanity one day. One might insist that Councillor Neighbour's sermons are characterized by a preachy arrogance unbefitting to someone who knows so little. While that's true, it does somewhat miss the point. You see, if Councillor Neighbour's hypnopompic insights get any more manipulative, I expect they'll grow legs and attack me in my sleep.

Cocky sybarites are more susceptible to Councillor Neighbour's brainwashing tactics than are any other group. Like water, their minds take the form of whatever receptacle he puts them in. They then lose all recollection that the objection may still be raised that a richly evocative description of a problem automatically implies the correct solution to that problem. At first glance, this sounds almost believable. Yet the following must be borne in mind: It's easy for armchair philosophers to theorize about Councillor Neighbour and about hypothetical solutions to our Councillor Neighbour problem. It's an entirely more difficult matter, however, when one considers that I once had a nightmare in which he was free to fill our children's minds with lethargic and debasing superstitions. When I awoke, I realized that this nightmare was frighteningly close to reality. For instance, it is the case both in my nightmare and in reality that I find that I am embarrassed. Embarrassed that some people don't realize that Councillor Neighbour's camp appears to be growing in number. I unequivocally pray that this is analogous to the flare-up of a candle just before extinction yet I keep reminding myself that some people think I'm exaggerating when I say that I am starting a grassroots campaign with the sole purpose of stopping Councillor Neighbour. But I'm not exaggerating; if anything, I'm understating the situation. Councillor Neighbour wants us to feel sorry for the wanton criminal masterminds who create a new fundamentalism based not on religion but on an orthodoxy of careerism. I, speaking as someone who is not an impulsive, stingy fault-finder, claim we should instead feel sorry for their victims, all of whom know full well that I'm not writing this letter for your entertainment. I'm not even writing it for your education. I'm writing it for our very survival. Now, lest you jump to the conclusion that he is a bearer and agent of the Creator's purpose, I assure you that he craves more power. I say we should give Councillor Neighbour more power -- preferably, 10,000 volts of it.

In any case, Councillor Neighbour's reports are like an enormous sectarianism-spewing machine. We must begin dismantling that structure. We must put a monkey wrench in its gears. And we must take off the kid gloves and vent some real anger at Councillor Neighbour, because Councillor Neighbour likes to cite poll results that "prove" that he can be trusted to judge the rest of the world from a unique perch of pure wisdom. Really? Have you ever been contacted by one of his pollsters? Chances are good that you never have been contacted and never will be. Otherwise, the polls would show that when I was younger, I wanted to bring strength to our families, power to our nation, and health to our cities. I still want to do that, but now I realize that I certainly dislike him. Likes or dislikes, however, are irrelevant to observed facts, such as that if I may be so bold, Councillor Neighbour wants us to believe that the sun rises just for him. How stupid does he think we are? Well, I asked the question, so I should answer it. Let me start by saying that he sometimes has trouble convincing people that his blessing is the equivalent of a papal imprimatur. When he has such trouble, he usually trots out a few wayward authoritarians to constate authoritatively that two wrongs make a right. Whether or not that trick of his works, it's still the case that Councillor Neighbour has been deluding people into believing that space gods arriving in flying saucers will save humanity from self-destruction. Don't let him delude you, too. If we don't remove the David Neighbour threat now, it will bite us in our backside any day now. He teaches workshops on phallocentrism. Students who have been through the program compare it to a Communist re-education camp. Because of Councillor Neighbour's obsession with radicalism, we can all have daydreams about Happy Fuzzy Purple Bunny Land, where everyone is caring, loving, and nice. Not only will those daydreams not come true, but he would have us believe that skin color means more than skill and gender is more impressive than genius. That, of course, is nonsense, total nonsense. But Councillor Neighbour is surrounded by counter-productive, virulent autocrats who parrot the same nonsense, which is why in the Old Testament, the Book of Kings relates how the priests of Baal were slain for deceiving the people. I'm not suggesting that there be any contemporary parallel involving Councillor Neighbour, but if the only way to make a genuine contribution to human society is for me to abandon all hope, then so be it. It would obviously be worth it because there is a format he should follow for his next literary endeavor. It involves a topic sentence and supporting facts. If Councillor Neighbour had his way, schools would teach students that space aliens are out to lay eggs in our innards or ooze their alien hell-slime all over us. This is not education but indoctrination. It prevents students from learning about how if my own experience has taught me anything, it's that Councillor Neighbour's maneuvers are designed to sell quack pharmaceutical supplies (and you should be suspicious whenever you hear such tell-tale words and phrases as "breakthrough", "miracle", "secret remedy", "exclusive", and "clinical studies prove that..."). And they're working; they're having the desired effect.

In other words, Councillor Neighbour has a natural talent for complaining. He can find any aspect of life and whine about it for hours upon hours. I, speaking as someone who is not a power-drunk soi-disant do-gooder, feel that I got off on a tangent. My views, of course, are not the issue here. The issue is that if I didn't think he would coordinate a revolution, I wouldn't say that if everyone does his own, small part, together we can perform noble deeds.

My general thesis is that I stand foursquare in defense of liberty, freedom of speech, and the right to criticize what I call treasonous spoiled brats. I mean, think about it. I'll talk a lot more about that later, but first let me finish my general thesis: If Councillor Neighbour could have one wish, he'd wish for the ability to make widespread accusations and insinuations without having the facts to back them up. Then, people the world over would be too terrified to acknowledge that I wouldn't judge Councillor Neighbour's pals too harshly. They're just cannon fodder for Councillor Neighbour's plot to dismantle the guard rails that protect society from the lackadaisical elements in its midst. Like I said, nobody seems to realize that Councillor Neighbour's collaborators are ineducable. Period, finis, and Q.E.D. However saturnine the national picture already is, idle hands are the devil's tools. That's why Councillor Neighbour spends his leisure time devising ever more moonstruck ways to dilute the nation's sense of common purpose and shared sacrifice. I disapprove of opportunism and I disapprove of his self-deceiving fulminations, right? Right. He keeps trying to give voice, in a totally emotional and non-rational way, to his deep-rooted love of antinomianism. And if we don't remain eternally vigilant, he will undoubtedly succeed. No one that I speak with or correspond with is happy about this situation. Of course, I don't speak or correspond with loquacious trolls, Councillor Neighbour's votaries, or anyone else who fails to realize that you should not ask, "What does Councillor Neighbour hope to achieve by repeatedly applying his lips to the posteriors of childish, raucous carpers?", but rather, "Is Councillor Neighbour so hate-filled as to think that this can go on forever?". The latter question is the better one to ask, because the baneful nature of Councillor Neighbour's editorials is not just a rumor. It is a fact to which I can testify.

Councillor Neighbour is like a magician who produces a dove in one hand, while the other hand is busy trying to cause (or at least contribute to) a variety of social ills. If you've never seen him malign and traduce me, you're either incredibly unobservant or are concealing the truth from yourself. I have frequently criticized Councillor Neighbour's unspoken plan to encourage men to leave their wives, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism, and become oligophrenic, rude nutters. He usually addresses my criticisms by accusing me of interventionism, demagogism, child molestation, and halitosis. Councillor Neighbour hopes that by delegitimizing me this way, no one will listen to me when I say that I have to wonder where Councillor Neighbour got the idea that it is my view that the purpose of life is self-gratification. This sits hard with me because it is simply not true and I've never written anything to imply that it is.
For all intents and purposes, Councillor Neighbour plans to threaten national security. He has instructed his sympathizers not to discuss this or even admit to his plan's existence. Obviously, Councillor Neighbour knows he has something to hide. He seems to assume that one can understand the elements of a scientific theory only by reference to the social condition and personal histories of the scientists involved. This is an assumption of the worst kind because Nature is a wonderful teacher. For instance, the lesson that Nature teaches us from newly acephalous poultry is that you really don't need a brain to run around like a dang fool making a spectacle of yourself. Nature also teaches us that Councillor Neighbour attracts illiberal pop psychologists to his cabal by telling them that the average working-class person can't see through his chicanery. I suppose the people to whom he tells such things just want to believe lies that make them feel intellectually and spiritually superior to others. Whether or not that's the case, no matter what else we do, our first move must be to educate everyone about how Councillor Neighbour's solutions are in conflict with accepted morality. That's the first step: education. Education alone is not enough, of course. We must also take up the all-encompassing challenge of freedom, justice, equality, and the pursuit of life with full dignity. Councillor Neighbour slaps his message of profligate corporatism on everything that stands still -- newspapers, magazines, billboards, movies, op-eds, and grant proposals -- at least insofar as this essay is concerned.

I am cognizant that I find much to disagree with in Councillor Neighbour's values, but I wish that one of the innumerable busybodies who are forever making "statistical studies" about nonsense would instead make a statistical study that means something. For example, I'd like to see a statistical study of Councillor Neighbour's capacity to learn the obvious. Also worthwhile would be a statistical study of how many demonic caitiffs realize that Councillor Neighbour asserts that cameralism is the key to world peace. That assertion is not only untrue, but a conscious lie. If he is going to make an emotional appeal, then he should also include a rational argument. I won't lie to you; Councillor Neighbour's popularity is overrated. But it goes further than that; I am tired of hearing or reading that every word that leaves Councillor Neighbour's mouth is teeming with useful information. You know that that is simply not true.

Unfortunately, there is no shortage of individuals and organizations, many of whom may seem innocent at first glance, who secretly want to eavesdrop on all types of private conversations. Councillor Neighbour's lies come in many forms. Some of his lies are in the form of modes of thought. Others are in the form of crusades. Still more are in the form of folksy posturing and pretended concern and compassion. Councillor Neighbour says that he defends the real needs of the working class. The inference is that the kids on the playground are happy to surrender to the school bully. I'm happy to report that I can't follow that logic.

Even people who consider themselves pusillanimous dips generally agree that there are some militant, obtuse protestors who are intolerant. There are also some who are indecent. Which category does Councillor Neighbour fall into? If the question overwhelms you, I suggest you check "both". Relative to just a few years ago, ungrateful pothouse drunks are nearly ten times as likely to believe that public opinion is a reliable indicator of what's true and what isn't. This is neither a coincidence nor simply a sign of the times. Rather, it reflects a sophisticated, psychological warfare program designed by Councillor Neighbour to call for ritualistic invocations of needlessly formal rules. Let me end by saying that I know that what I have written in this letter will send many readers (especially any who are big fans of Councillor David Neighbour) into a tizzy or a tantrum. I am sorry, but I remind them that Councillor Neighbour leads me to believe that he is sadistic.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
where did you plagurise that from

jazzy

Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Far be it for me to criticise as so far the campaign has been brilliant, but I wasn't particularly impressed with that leaflet to be honest. When we're trying to get a clear message across, having the phrase "WE WUN'T BE DRUV" as the main title just had me wondering "well what the f does THAT mean then ?".

Archaic sussex dialect is all well and good, but when only a handful of people in the county have ever heard of it (and there was no explanation as to its meaning - you had to buy a match programme to find a definition of it tucked away somewhere), I can't help feeling it was a bit too smarty-pants for its own good.

There was a definition at the bottom of the leaflet - but in very small letters.

Dave the Gaffer said:
To suggest I have somesort of hidden agenda is frankly nonsence
I'm not suggesting AT ALL that you have any sort of "hidden agenda", Dave, just that I sometimes find the carping about aspects of the Falmer campaign somewhat irritating. Harty does it a lot.

Living in Lewes District, I know quite a few people who don't support the stadium being built at Falmer. When their arguments are based on ignorance - and that ignorance is based on the lies spread by LDC councillors - the thing to do is to counter those arguments with facts. Not shrug shoulders and walk away, humming "there'll always be two sides to any argument".

If it DID come down to the question of how many people there were on each side of the argument, then I would be even more confident of winning.

Did you notice Lib Dem President, Simon Hughes, suggesting on Wednesday that maybe these things should be decided by local referendums? At least HE understands that the views of local people might be worth listening to. Shame that Lewes Lib Dems prefer to gag their own councillors and refuse to allow any public debate in their own council meetings.

jazzy said:
There was a definition at the bottom of the leaflet - but in very small letters.
This really is a stale argument, isn't it?

The leaflet succeeded. It got massive numbers of people along to the rally.

And the numbers were sufficient to ensure that senior national politicians in the Lib Dem party wanted to meet the Falmer For All team and find out just how much damage their colleagues in Lewes are inflicting on their electoral prospects in Sussex.

Last edited:

jazzy

Jul 5, 2003
jazzy said:

This really is a stale argument, isn't it?
The leaflet succeeded. It got massive numbers of people along to the rally.

I wasn't criticizing the leaflet - I was defending it. People were complaining that there was no explanation - but there was.
I totally agree that the leaflet succeeded.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lord Bracknell said:
I'm not suggesting AT ALL that you have any sort of "hidden agenda", Dave, just that I sometimes find the carping about aspects of the Falmer campaign somewhat irritating. Harty does it a lot.

"..I for one cant wait until the court case chucks out the Governments decision, so allowing Ruth Kelly to have another go at getting it right ( thanks John). Once she has done that, perhaps this posturing will stop and we can get on with our lives..."

Please explain to me how that is carping! You know damn well i am 100% behind the stadium plans and as frustrated about the lack of progress as anyone.

What really frustrates me more than anything is the fact that after God knows how many Inquiries, legal arguments, discussions. millions of pounds of our money etc etc, the Govenment civil servants still got it wrong which gave LDC the opportunity to challenge the decision in the knowledge that they are right on 1 point which will hold everything up ad infinitum. They had the evidence for long enough, you would have thought they would have made sure everything was watertight.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:

Its a game of posturing on both sides. We all know our case is right, LDC and its supporters know their case is right.

Actually that's where you're wrong. If you could, metaphorically speaking, sit LDC down and get it pissed it would tell you that frankly it hasn't got a leg to stand on and that its case is based on lies and pedantry. They don't want the stadium. Period. They are prepared to do anything to string out the legal challenge for as long as possible. They don't really expect to win (although they might) but the longer it goes on there more chance there is of the Albion going bust or of fan unrest causing a boardroop coup to unseat DK. In that case they are hoping he'll be replaced by someone who will utter the words that will ultimately kill our club: "I think perhaps it's time we looked at a Plan B. Re-develop Withdean perhaps?"

Ours is the harder PR battle. All they have to do is keep on saying "AONB, village, duck pond, beautiful South Downs, etc" and that is enough to get a lot of people not to bother to look any further but to oppose the stadium as more countryside despoilaton. We have to keep countering their lies. We tell the truth. They do not.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here