Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Permanent MOON BASE!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just heard on the radio news, that NASA have today announced that they want to build a permanent base on the moon.

How do I go about getting my local council to object to this?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Unfortunately this has been designated as ANOB.

If you get in touch with LDC they should be able to give you the proper advice and telephone numbers of local barristers who can help you in your case.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
'Lunar for all'? just a thought...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Even though it's not actually on our own planet, I suggest we piss away a fortune opposing it and imply there are plenty of other moons of the Earth which are far better suited for a moonbase.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
That is just crazy, have they not considered more appropriate sites, such as Saturn's many moons?

I'm going to form a new group

NIMBU

Not
In
My
Bloody
Universe

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
adrian29uk said:
Unfortunately this has been designated as ANOB.

ANOB?

Ah, you were describing Norman Baker, I see...

;)

I've heard that the NIMBY protest is already organising a demo led by Mr Spoon, a resident of at least 25 years.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Excellent.

I'm going to post my application this morning for tickets, anybody know what letters I need to put in the corner of the envelope. I havent been to any other planets this year but I went to the moon landing

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Man of Harveys said:
Even though it's not actually on our own planet, I suggest we piss away a fortune opposing it and imply there are plenty of other moons of the Earth which are far better suited for a moonbase.

Ah yes Man of Bitter, the thing is the moon is visible from our planet, therefore we have every right to object! if we don't they will want to put a lunar base on our duck pond next!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The landlord at the Swan pub on the moon has apparently already got a petition up. It's not a very nice pub though. It has...no, please good lord above, no, save me from this filthy deed, spare me thy bloody vengeance for posting this ungodly drivel...NO ATMOSPHERE.:down: :down: :down:

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Hmmmmmmmmmm

tr12b.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Man of Harveys said:
It has...no, please good lord above, no, save me from this filthy deed, spare me thy bloody vengeance for posting this ungodly drivel...NO ATMOSPHERE.:down: :down: :down:

:lolol: :lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
booobbooboboobbeeeebbooooo (trans. "Get orf moi land")
clangers1_250h.jpg

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
As a long-standing member of the Bearded Society of Sussex Cheesemen, I (and our 5 other members) shall be objecting to this.

Inspectors Wallace and Gromit's report clearly showed that the moon is made of Wensleydale, and therefore inappropriate for a lunar base.

Why can't they build it on Saturn or Jupiter? I'm not a NIMBU, but there's plenty of other planets that are better simply because I say so.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gazwag said:
I feel its a job for Kev the Ape to have an adventure to Lunaville, with his mum of course

This is the thing that really winds me up about these people - its NOT in Lunarville. You can barely even see it from there, and then only if you climb right to the top of Mr Spoon's rocketship and lean out a bit.

All this nonsense about how it will look from a passing Martian cruiser. There's not even any evidence that the Martian's even exist, and yet still these NIMBUs appeal to the Galactic Senate on the basis of how it might affect them. Its positively absurd, I tell you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here