Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
button%20moon%20nimby.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Letter sent off to the Argus, voicing my disgust! :angry:

Dear Sir or Madam,

You can imagine my disgust when I discovered that NASA are planning to build a permanent moonbase! Mrs Spoon has not been the same since the news was broken to us. Although my daughter, Tina Teaspoon, is quite keen on the idea of having some more neighbours.

I wholly sympathise with the Falmer residents. I can't see how a scheme that will benefit many thousands of people can outweigh the fact that we just do not want it here.

We are proud NIMBU's. Not in my bloody universe.

Many thanks,

Mr Spoon,

The Moon (If you have reached Mars, you have gone too far)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What are Lunar District Council thinking of?

Just because our Shuttle park encroaches slightly into the sea of tranquility!

Surely they can't claim it is an area of unearthly natural beauty, especially with all those bits of lunar lander, American Flags and Golf balls lying around!

On a different note, have the club given any thought WHATSOEVER to the problem of almost zero gravity and amount of lost footballs this will incur!, every time Hendo or Kuipers take a goal kick the ball will almost certainly continue on up into deep space for all eternity, the amount of time added on for holdups is therefore likely to be considerable.

Think on Wendy and Dick!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has anybody actually considered the effects on the cow of this intrusion on his planet?

cow2.gif

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Bit of a cow:moon clearance issue there!

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Apparantly NASA have also failed to disclose there will be an associated hotel development at the lunar base, even after the consultants said it would be better situated on Uranus

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
This should form part of NSC Gold!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
What I want to know is has anyone considered the increased liklihood of bat/lunar lander collisions?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
NASA has announced plans to build a small hotdog stand at Falmer by 2024 – raising the incredible prospect of a stadium there before the end of this century.

The ambitious proposals signal the next phase of NASA activity after the agency quits space exploration in 2010 and looks for new challenges.

“Going to the moon was piss easy,” drawled Buzz Lampshade, Director of Special Projects at NASA.

“And despite a coupla setbacks, we’re all darned dog-tired of the borin’ ole shuttle. Falmer marks a new frontier, a near-impossible challenge that will really define what the human race can achieve if we all git together, look at the big picture and then whine about our own little square yard of it.”

The project is likely to cost hundreds of billions of dollars in planning applications, bat/little green men studies and a ginormous weightlessness simulator for John Prescott.

The first step in establishing the hotdog stand will be a new generation of invisible park and ride buses, which will undergo tests from 2014.

But the scheme’s major opponent, Stormin’ Norman Bakersville, said that the agency had underestimated the undertaking.

"The moon may have been 250,000 miles away, but Falmer has over 250,000 square miles of protected tropical rainforest. How are NASA going to get through that without affecting the price of my property?”

The most likely location for the hotdog stand is by the duck pond, which offers the best position for a push to the stadium.

But Dark Knight, Chairman of local football team Brighton & Hove Albion, rated the project’s chances at less than 80%. “This is lunarcy,” he punned. “It took us a decade just to get chips with curry sauce at Withdean. Even NASA, with all their scientists, research dollars and can-do attitude, won’t be able to get Ann de Vecchi’s head out of her arsehole.”

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
bhafc99 said:
NASA has announced plans to build a small hotdog stand at Falmer by 2024 – raising the incredible prospect of a stadium there before the end of this century.

The ambitious proposals signal the next phase of NASA activity after the agency quits space exploration in 2010 and looks for new challenges.

“Going to the moon was piss easy,” drawled Buzz Lampshade, Director of Special Projects at NASA.

“And despite a coupla setbacks, we’re all darned dog-tired of the borin’ ole shuttle. Falmer marks a new frontier, a near-impossible challenge that will really define what the human race can achieve if we all git together, look at the big picture and then whine about our own little square yard of it.”

The project is likely to cost hundreds of billions of dollars in planning applications, bat/little green men studies and a
ginormous weightlessness simulator for John Prescott.

The first step in establishing the hotdog stand will be a new generation of invisible park and ride buses, which will undergo tests from 2014.

But the scheme’s major opponent, Stormin’ Norman Bakersville, said that the agency had underestimated the undertaking.

"The moon may have been 250,000 miles away, but Falmer has over 250,000 square miles of protected tropical rainforest. How are NASA going to get through that without affecting the price of my property?”

The most likely location for the hotdog stand is by the duck pond, which offers the best position for a push to the stadium.

But Dark Knight, Chairman of local football team Brighton & Hove Albion, rated the project’s chances at less than 80%. “This is lunarcy,” he punned. “It took us a decade just to get chips with curry sauce at Withdean. Even NASA, with all their scientists, research dollars and can-do attitude, won’t be able to get Ann de Vecchi’s head out of her arsehole.”

This ,Sir, is inspired.:clap:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just look at that new home kit :angry:
Not only are we now playing on the moon, but the stripes have been ditched too.
And why is the corner flag so big? :shrug:

SORT IT OUT DICK :angry: :angry: :angry:

nasafakebigdt7.jpg

Last edited:

Voroshilov said:
What I want to know is has anyone considered the increased liklihood of bat/lunar lander collisions?

And what about parking?

LRV_art.jpg

There simply aren't enough craters to accommodate thousands of these things..

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Bry Nylon said:
Just look at that new home kit :angry:
Not only are we now playing on the moon, but the stripes have been ditched too.
And why is the corner flag so big? :shrug:

SORT IT OUT DICK :angry: :angry: :angry:

nasafakebigdt7.jpg

See, I knew that the moon landings were fake!! I can clearly see another "Moon" in the top Right of this pic!

The pitch looks like it will cut up easily as well.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Madness.

Can we flood LDC with complaints asking them to oppose such disgusting interplanetary action? Lets get a campaign sorted.

Has anyone even thought about the effect a MOONBASE will have on any Bats that ''admitedly don't actually live their, but if they did wouldn't like it very much?'' It would definately lead to increased Moon-Buggy/Bat collision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here