Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People who are hailed as tossers who you think are great

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I'm not impartial but why am I not allowed to agree that gun control is a good thing? Oh I see. I'm right wing therefore I MUST be pro killing and evil.

What a very 2 dimensional view you have of theworld and how little you know of my politics.

No doubt youve also got me down as a homophobic hanger and flogger daily mail reader who views any state subsidy as encroaching communism.

WTF? I am not REMOTELY making assumptions about your politics, which actually having read NSC for a while, I've become pretty familiar with (you do post on the political threads quite a lot and I like the political threads). I am certainly not suggesting that as you're right wing you have an obvious viewpoint on any particular subject, but I do believe you have political motivations for not liking Michael Moore. In particular I think calling him 'scum' is down to your politics and not down to his actions as an individual. After all making a fairly reasonable documentary about gun control whether you're right-wing or left-wing isn't a crime worthy of being labelled scum.

Ann Coulter though - she's scum!

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
imo, Buzzer is the cuddly face of conservatism if they were all like him (not that i've ever met him) then I would think about supporting them.

(for a very short while before deciding against it !! )

Don't disagree! But then I HAVEN'T suggested that he's minority-hating, war-mongering, hard-nosed conservative.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
neville.jpg

He may play for the team I loathe more than all others, but as a person, he's a top geezer.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
WTF? I am not REMOTELY making assumptions about your politics, which actually having read NSC for a while, I've become pretty familiar with (you do post on the political threads quite a lot and I like the political threads). I am certainly not suggesting that as you're right wing you have an obvious viewpoint on any particular subject, but I do believe you have political motivations for not liking Michael Moore. In particular I think calling him 'scum' is down to your politics and not down to his actions as an individual. After all making a fairly reasonable documentary about gun control whether you're right-wing or left-wing isn't a crime worthy of being labelled scum.

Ann Coulter though - she's scum!

But if his politics is my motivation then why do I admire Mark Thomas? It's purely the fact that Moore lies in his films. It actually does the cause damage IMO as it gives opponents a stick to beat him with. He is also an egotist and bully.

I genuinely don't know where you're coming from on this as I explained that I thought Thomas was a good guy doing good work.

And yes, Coulter although as fit as commentators come is a tool. PJ O'Rourke on the other hand is a genius

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
But if his politics is my motivation then why do I admire Mark Thomas? It's purely the fact that Moore lies in his films. It actually does the cause damage IMO as it gives opponents a stick to beat him with. He is also an egotist and bully.

I genuinely don't know where you're coming from on this as I explained that I thought Thomas was a good guy doing good work.

And yes, Coulter although as fit as commentators come is a tool. PJ O'Rourke on the other hand is a genius

I'm coming from the angle that Moore does not lie and is certainly not a bully. I also doubt he is an egotist when compared to the politicains or public figures he interviews. He is obviously partisan, but I can't see how that makes him a bad person.

I like O'Rourke too. Have you seen he has anal cancer - he can still joke about it though - Give me liberty and give me death - Los Angeles Times.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
George Bush.......for all his faults (and lets honest theres a few) but the mans got some stones with his your either with us or against us attitude and see's things through even if he is getting stick for it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
jose-mourinho.jpg

Jose Mourinho, love him.

And, on something of a different note:

camilla10.jpg

Not quite sure if "great" is the word, but I do have a sneaking admiration for her, firstly because underneath that weathered, horsey exterior, she must have some personality to have been secretly pursued by her jug-eared husband for all those years (well it's either that, or she's dynamite in bed :eek:). Secondly because she utterly socks it to the legions of hypocritical, weeping Dianaphiles, who fawned over a woman who was as flawed as any of us, yet at the same time denounced Charles for doing what nearly two thirds of married couples do- divorce.

I don't much like the royal family, but I can't help but feel a tad sympathetic towards anyone who's had to put up with as much vitriol from the Daily Mail/Express reading population of this country for as long as she has.

George Bush.......for all his faults (and lets honest theres a few) but the mans got some stones with his your either with us or against us attitude and see's things through even if he is getting stick for it.

STONES!?

FFS!

He ran like a little girlie when the Twin Trade Centers were coming down, was nowhere to be seen for several days when the hurricane hit New Orleans, and is only THERE on the apron strings of Mommy and Daddy!

He declared the war over within weeks of starting against Saddam (in case you really are that blind, it's STILL f***ing GOING)

He told the Muslim world "this is a CRUSADE" while sending OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS to die fighting against a people who he'd suddenly galvanized into a religious cause!!

What are some people thinking ferchrissakes?

Nah f*** it, I'm resisting insult - but you really are a complete windowlicker

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
neville.jpg

He may play for the team I loathe more than all others, but as a person, he's a top geezer.

REALLY!?!??! him as a person is one of the main reasons I loathe him more than any other footballer ever to have played, or will play the game

(the fact he's a United player obviously helps that decision)

good shout with Rooney though WW

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I would agree if he had the end of that gun barrel in his mouth.

apparently there are some bad people in the arms trade and he tells them he does not like them very much. brilliant stuff.

Read the book then ?

I'd recommend his new one too where he finds out there are bad people in the fizzy drink industry and tells them he doesn't like them very much.

Like the first book it's brilliant stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here