"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Katie Price
Peter Andre
Peter Taylor
Victoria Beckham
Jamie Oliver
Do enough people think Noel Fielding is a twat in order for me to disagree with them and add him to my list?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
keith_floyd_150.jpg

Keith (hic!) Floyd

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Katie Price
Peter Andre
Peter Taylor
Victoria Beckham
Jamie Oliver
Do enough people think Noel Fielding is a twat in order for me to disagree with them and add him to my list?

I do, so there's a vote from me.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
what have they actually done WRONG then?

They are two very good examples of what a dumb celebrity-obsessed society Britain has become, and how f****d this country is culturally.

Katie Price is famous for, what, having surgically-enlarged breasts? A woman who can't win respect through intelligence, personality or hard graft, and so has to 'buy' a pair of big tits to get some attention. FFS.

What exactly dos Peter Andre DO ?

What are these people actually GOOD at?

They're just famous for being famous, and our semi-literate masses worship them.

:nono::bla::angry: :rant::shootself

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
They are two very good examples of what a dumb celebrity-obsessed society Britain has become, and how f****d this country is culturally.

Katie Price is famous for, what, having surgically-enlarged breasts? A woman who can't win respect through intelligence, personality or hard graft, and so has to 'buy' a pair of big tits to get some attention. FFS.

What exactly dos Peter Andre DO ?

What are these people actually GOOD at?

They're just famous for being famous, and our semi-literate masses worship them.

:nono::bla::angry: :rant::shootself

Can't add to that pretty spot on, they are famous for just being celebrities.

What is it about them that makes you look up to them as role models ?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
With regards to Katie Price and Peter Andre, I understand your point about famous for being famous but there are worse people that can be accused of this. She was a glamour model, that's how she started and he was once a pop star that was made famour again by I'm a Celebrity...

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Some good shouts on here so far:

Roy Keane
Russell Brand
Robbie Savage (liked him even before he signed)

and
Mark Thomas- although is he generally hailed as a tosser? Didn't realise he was unpopular.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Not really. Do you honestly think Michael Moore is going to give a fair crack of the whip to a Republican president? The bloke has an agenda (a left-wing one) and fits the facts around what he wants to say. It's very very well documented and he makes Pilger look like a beacon of impartiality.

He's a left-wing documentary maker, yes. But then that doesn't make him 'scum' in my opinion. If you think a man making documentaries about gun control and the state of the health system in his country is 'scum' then it's obvious what your motivations are.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Anybody who thinks Katie Price isn't talented evidently hasn't seen her classy new equestrian range:-

82641356.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He's a left-wing documentary maker, yes. But then that doesn't make him 'scum' in my opinion. If you think a man making documentaries about gun control and the state of the health system in his country is 'scum' then it's obvious what your motivations are.

DJ Leon in jumping to conclusions shocker. He's scum because he lies and twists the truth to suit his agenda. If I really thought that it was about him making films about gun control and if I were motivated by his politics to hate him so, then surely I would also hate Mark Thomas who is a left wing filmmaker exposing the arms trade. But in this thread I said I admired Thomas. Particularly admiredhis piece exposing charities dumping useless out of date drugs on subsaharan Africa as tax breaks some years ago too.

Sorry to piss all over your assumptions. Better luck next time

Last edited:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
With regards to Katie Price and Peter Andre, I understand your point about famous for being famous but there are worse people that can be accused of this. She was a glamour model, that's how she started and he was once a pop star that was made famour again by I'm a Celebrity...

Exactly! She was a 'glamour model' - too thick to get a proper job, so enlarge the boobies, spray on a fake tan and pout at the camera !

I remember in the 1980s when women were demanding the right to become - alongside men - barristers, accountants, company directors, etc, and break through the glass ceiling.

Now, bimbos like Jordan (and Paris Hilton, Victoria Beckham, etc) have become role models for many girls or women under about 30, and so their ambitions now are to become glamour models, pop singers or footballers wives.

As a guy who has always supported feminism (ie, equality and equal opportunities for women), it truly make me despair of the current generation of young women that they are so shallow, and have such limited ambition that the likes of Katie Price are their heroines.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Exactly! She was a 'glamour model' - too thick to get a proper job, so enlarge the boobies, spray on a fake tan and pout at the camera !

I remember in the 1980s when women were demanding the right to become - alongside men - barristers, accountants, company directors, etc, and break through the glass ceiling.

Now, bimbos like Jordan (and Paris Hilton, Victoria Beckham, etc) have become role models for many girls or women under about 30, and so their ambitions now are to become glamour models, pop singers or footballers wives.

As a guy who has always supported feminism (ie, equality and equal opportunities for women), it truly make me despair of the current generation of young women that they are so shallow, and have such limited ambition that the likes of Katie Price are their heroines.

she's richer than most - who's the thick one? She has marketed herself successfully, why should everyone strive to be a barristers etc. just playing devils advocate like

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
DJ Leon in jumping to conclusions shocker. He's scum because he lies and twists the truth to suit his agenda. If I really thought that it was about him making films about gun control and if I were motivated by his politics to hate him so, then surely I would also hate Mark Thomas who is an umm filmmaker exposing the arms trade. But in this thread I said I admired Thomas.

Sorry to piss all over your assumptions. Better luck next time

OK, thanks for pointing out your impartiality, I'm sure everyone believes it.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008

I said I can see your point, but at least she did something, there are worse people, like you said Paris Hilton is a good example of this, famous because of her dad. But not Victoria Beckham, she was in a world-wide famous band and was more famous than David Beckham in the beginning and what exactly has she done wrong to not be looked at as a role model? What is it about being labelled a 'footballers wife' yes some are rightly labelled but some just happen to be married to them, take Cheryl, she's in a succesful girlband and met Ashley, Robbie Keane's wife has been to university and got a first class degree.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
she's richer than most - who's the thick one? She has marketed herself successfully, why should everyone strive to be a barristers etc. just playing devils advocate like

Agreed she has been financially successful, but this not due to her own talent or making,
The marketing people around her have made more from here than for her.

The problem i have with her is she is not successful due to anything she has done or achieved, just been well marketed by others.

And therefore others who look up to here a role models see her and think, by having your breast enlarge and having them photographed means that they too can be rich and famous the easy way rather than using the education system and forging a worthwhile life.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
OK, thanks for pointing out your impartiality, I'm sure everyone believes it.

I'm not impartial but why am I not allowed to agree that gun control is a good thing? Oh I see. I'm right wing therefore I MUST be pro killing and evil.

What a very 2 dimensional view you have of theworld and how little you know of my politics.

No doubt youve also got me down as a homophobic hanger and flogger daily mail reader who views any state subsidy as encroaching communism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here