Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People that still call the Premier League the 'Premiership'

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Sorry, what are you trying to tell me about the first division now? That's what it is, whatever sponsor-big-money-marketing label they put on it. It was bad enough in Premiership days when people talked about Premiership stats and achievements as if the first division had never existed. Are we now going to have another generation of young twats telling us that football was only invented in 2007?
Oh, and while we're on this topic, the "FA Cup" is still going strong, thanks!

I'm trying to tell you that the top division in england was renamed in 1992 to the premiership, in 2007 it was again renamed, this time to the premier league. I find it mildly irritating that people still refer to it as premiership. That's all pal. Don't have a cow....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm trying to tell you that the top division in england was renamed in 1992 to the premiership, in 2007 it was again renamed, this time to the premier league. I find it mildly irritating that people still refer to it as premiership. That's all pal. Don't have a cow....

You don't have a cow ?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, I don't think much of rhe RyanAir-CostCutter-Lidl off-side law, either.

Hope we get into the top flight again soon, though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well they failed at that rebranding then, not concsious of any change.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Thick people who call Asda 'Asdas' really get my goat. Even worse is that dating show 'Take Me Out' where they all call the Island of Fernando 'the Island of Fernandos' ffs! It's a bloody outrage I tell ya, OUTRAGE!

Oh dear....it's Associated Dairies ie plural...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh dear....it's Associated Dairies ie plural...

It isn't - it's actually abbreviated from "Asquith" and "Dairies", Associated Dairies having merged with Asquith supermarkets.

However, this is academic since if we were "with the programme" and er.. "had a cow" (or even a diary) we would be referring to the supermarket as Walmart, or possible Walmarts.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
It really pisses me off. It was renamed in 2007, get with the programme. IRS a bit like still calling the Carling Cup the Milk Cup....

I thought the two were interchangeable. Can't say that it has affected my mood one iota in knowing that it isn't. Do you think you might have anger management issues?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
It really annoys me that people still refer to Nigel Adkins as Nigel Adkins when he was quite clearly renamed a couple of years ago now.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Wish they had re branded/re named and kept Spangles going, I loved em.

I have a sheltered life, and I do wonder what "Jaffa Cakes" will come back as when that name becomes politically incorrect?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here