Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People that still call the Premier League the 'Premiership'

I agree with that, a 'gin and tonic' is a set drink, and is more like one entity, so asking for two would make it two "gin and tonic"s?

Also wouldn't asking for two gins and tonic result in you being given two measures of gin and some tonic?
This confusing scenario can easily be avoided by eschewing gin and asking for malt whisky. "A The Macallan, please" is the correct form for such a request, remembering that the "a" in "A The Macallan" is lower case.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I still call my girlfriend mum :moo:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It really pisses me off. It was renamed in 2007, get with the programme. IRS a bit like still calling the Carling Cup the Milk Cup....

I suppose if you have a premiership club as well it must upset you, proper fans have one club, and mine is a championship club, at the moment.

And what have the Amercian Tax Authorities got to do with it

Wow your ignorance continues. You know nothing AND are willing to rely on incorrect wikipedia info to illustrate it & mislead everyone!?
Associated Dairies was a huge UK wide company that BOUGHT OUT a mini 3 shop company branded Queens (owned by Asquith) & expanded using shortened Associated DairieS name for the shops
Academic, you are not

*snigger*
Asda through the years - a story of innovation and saving you money
In 1965 Associated Dairies and Asquiths did a deal to merge and create Asda Stores Ltd – the name being a marriage of the two parties: Asquith + Dairies. The new company bought the GEM chain in 1965, relaunching the stores in the Asda Queen’s name.

After Associated Dairies bought out the Asquith Brothers in 1968 the Asda name was owned by just one company.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Never noticed it had changed, still we wouldn't notice down here in Div 2 would we?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wow your ignorance continues. You know nothing AND are willing to rely on incorrect wikipedia info to illustrate it & mislead everyone!?
Associated Dairies was a huge UK wide company that BOUGHT OUT a mini 3 shop company branded Queens (owned by Asquith) & expanded using shortened Associated DairieS name for the shops
Academic, you are not

I got it from the ASDAS website....

:shrug:

In 1965 Associated Dairies and Asquiths did a deal to merge and create Asda Stores Ltd – the name being a marriage of the two parties: Asquith + Dairies. The new company bought the GEM chain in 1965, relaunching the stores in the Asda Queen’s name.

After Associated Dairies bought out the Asquith Brothers in 1968 the Asda name was owned by just one company.

You are obviously getting confused because the Asquiths Brothers were bought out.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
If Asda disn't want to be called 'Asdas', they wouldn't have bought the domain name and made it forward to their website:

www.asdas.co.uk

*lights touchpaper and runs away*

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
What are the new names to these old branded products:

Olivio
Oil of Ulay
Jif
Premiership

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Anyway, I'm off to gorge myself on Opal Fruits and a Marathon Bar.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Surely the latter makes more sense though.

The first is like saying 'I want two Gins. And some tonic'. Where as the second makes 'Gin and Tonic' a noun, which I'd like two of. I expect I'm wrong though. Though's.

It does make far more sense. But the rules are that it's the other way around. That's when I started think grammar was f***ing stupid sometimes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here