Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Winstanley joins Chelsea as Director of Global Talent and Transfers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
History rewriting day.

As if Chris Hughton or Roberto De Zerbi would turn down Chelsea.

Welcome to football. There's little loyalty. Ask Dick Knight.
You just don’t get it, why would you? You have zero allegiance to a football club, you are not a football fan, you are a fan of football, so you and he can look at it without any feeling or passion for anything but self :shrug:

it’s not about GP choosing Chelsea, it’s about asset stripping a club. Zero loyalty or morals.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why? Chelsea coughed up for the rest of the backroom staff so they could start straight away, be surprised if they don't here so he's in for January
They paid release clause for the coaching staff. Winstanley won’t have that so will have a notice period and gardening leave

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Was going to say sorry but potter is a snidey little prick , but that would be wrong , cos i`m not bloody sorry !

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Was going to say sorry but potter is a snidey little prick , but that would be wrong , cos i`m not bloody sorry !
Careful your get accused of being Palace by the <mod edit> establishment.

Last edited by a moderator:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You just don’t get it, why would you? You have zero allegiance to a football club, you are not a football fan, you are a fan of football, so you and he can look at it without any feeling or passion for anything but self :shrug:

it’s not about GP choosing Chelsea, it’s about asset stripping a club. Zero loyalty or morals.
:thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It is what it is. And Albion have done the same.

A jolly good boo though. I'm all for that.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

It was quite refreshing to hear Michael Beale talk today about the Wolves offer. Main points he had signed players and convinced them to join because of his vision was it fair just to ditch them.
QPR had given him a chance he respected that.
The project there is not finished and believes in himself that another opportunity to manage in the PL will come with or without rangers.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It was quite refreshing to hear Michael Beale talk today about the Wolves offer. Main points he had signed players and convinced them to join because of his vision was it fair just to ditch them.
The project there is not finished and believes in himself that another opportunity to manage in the PL will come with or without rangers.
He’s only been there since August. And QPR are 21st in the ‘pyramid’ - Wolves are 19th.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wish people would stop saying that.

We haven't.
Whilst not defending it, I really don't think it's massively different to us taking Potter, Reid, Hamberg and Reid from Swansea in one go.

When Potter moved to us, Bruno and Roberts became integrated into that coaching unit, in the same way that Gus Poyet picked up Charlie Oatway when he moved to the Albion, taking him away with him when he left.

Coaching is very much a team game, with head coach/managers often sticking with their tried-and-trusted team and moving them from club to club.

Regardless, I can't wait for the panto-style booing, hissing and "he's behind you"-ing on Saturday, Bring it on!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He has also said he has loyalty to Gerrard and his other backroom staff who are friends so had no interest in that job. A man with morals unlike Potter

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He has also said he has loyalty to Gerrard and his other backroom staff so has no interest in the job. A man with morals unlike Potter
What would Gerrard have to do with Wolves ?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Certainly refreshing. But the cynical part of me thinks that if it had been more money and a club a bit higher in the league…

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Whilst not defending it, I really don't think it's massively different to us taking Potter, Reid, Hamberg and Reid from Swansea in one go.

When Potter moved to us, Bruno and Roberts became integrated into that coaching unit, in the same way that Gus Poyet picked up Charlie Oatway when he moved to the Albion, taking him away with him when he left.

Coaching is very much a team game, with head coach/managers often sticking with their tried-and-trusted team and moving them from club to club.

Regardless, I can't wait for the panto-style booing, hissing and "he's behind you"-ing on Saturday, Bring it on!
Will YOU be booing though???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here