Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Winstanley joins Chelsea as Director of Global Talent and Transfers

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Weir was originally just the loans manager.
Just because his job title was only that of loans manager there is nothing to say that Winstanley was ever above him in the clubs structure. The role is now known as Pathway Development Manager and is done by Gordon Greer.

Both of them more than likely reported directly to Ashworth which means they were on the same level. I still don’t see any evidence of leapfrogging.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was all happy to begrudgingly clap Potter as he’s been the best manager we’ve had. But Bruno and Roberts tested me - this has finally made it clear they deserve a shit reception booooooo
See my earlier reply mate

they asked for guarantees they would be kept on by the new manager and the club couldn’t give it.

so they left

wouldnt you?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just because his job title was only that of loans manager there is nothing to say that Winstanley was ever above him in the clubs structure. Both of them more than likely reported directly to Ashworth which means they were on the same level. I still don’t see any evidence of leapfrogging.
Winstanley was here longer and much closer to Ashworth & the managers we had. Either way in any company you can’t overlook someone for a promotion and not expect them to look around for a similar role.

The club deemed Weir a better fit as our DoF, so no reason to think he will be better at Chelsea surely ?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I was never on the Potter train ever and got a ton of sh1te for it. Palace, deluded, wind up , troll etc. I was having my opinion he was and still is riding his luck. Good riddance.
Yep people acted like real a holes to anyone who wasn’t on board. Showed his true to colours after the Leeds booing shit.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

they asked for guarantees they would be kept on by the new manager and the club couldn’t give it.

so they left

wouldnt you?
Roberts would have been retained definitely. Bruno perhaps not with the same role he had

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yep people acted like real a holes to anyone who wasn’t on board. Showed his true to colours after the Leeds booing shit.
And our fans showed our true colours by booing a RDZ team on his second home game 🤡

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I’d imagine had Di Zerbi and his 6 staff or whoever had come with him been at a smaller club and Bloom wanted them - we’d have done the same.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only time Bloom has ever "poached" a manager from another club was Potter from Swansea, who were compensated. We didn't go back and dismantle almost their entire backroom - AND it was done about 2 weeks after the season had ended.

Imagining is all well and good, but I can only say what I see. You could in no way describe BHA as a leech of a club, as you can Chelsea.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

so they left

wouldnt you?
Can’t see post but maybe just me. Yea that’s been said a few times - nobody knows those convos for sure - I’d guess there’s some truth in it but also I’d imagine Bloom said we can’t guarantee a position obviously but pretty sure there will be - Roberts is very highly rated. The point for me is Potter still took them and got them the roles with him - this one is clearly him too - he’s burning bridges very fast and it’s crass and poor from him and Chelsea.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Winstanley was here longer and much closer to Ashworth & the managers we had. Either way in any company you can’t overlook someone for a promotion and not expect them to look around for a similar role.

The club deemed Weir a better fit as our DoF, so no reason to think he will be better at Chelsea surely ?
Length of service has nothing to do with him being leapfrogged either, and the role required him to have quite close contact with the manager and Ashworth but again that means nothing on a structural level. I’ve had jobs previously where I’ve had to work closely with directors and the CEO but have had a couple of layers of management above me, that’s just how some roles work.

Winstanley may feel he was overlooked for the assistant and then the DOF role, so there is no blame from me that he’s looking elsewhere, it happens in most businesses but there is no evidence that he was ever leapfrogged by David Weir just because his job title sounded a bit fancier.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only time Bloom has ever "poached" a manager from another club was Potter from Swansea, who were compensated. We didn't go back and dismantle almost their entire backroom - AND it was done about 2 weeks after the season had ended.

Imagining is all well and good, but I can only say what I see. You could in no way describe BHA as a leech of a club, as you can Chelsea.
We took Potter, Reid, and Macauley all at the same time, although, it was in the close season.

I’ve always hated Chelsea for lots of reasons, but losing Bruno caused heartbreak for me.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Didn’t go so definitely wasn’t me 🙃 RDZ quickly put it to bed though and didn’t require a history lesson.
He had to - he has no credit in the bank.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Didn’t we get Garcia and at least 2 of his staff from Maccabi?

Not that I’m comparing us to Chelsea, but also not pretending football isn’t anything but a dirty grubby business.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

Not that I’m comparing us to Chelsea, but also not pretending football isn’t anything but a dirty grubby business.
Garcia had left Maccabi Tel Aviv for personal reasons about a month before he became our manager.

We did take assistant manager Ruben Martinez and fitness coach Juan Torrijo Navaro from Maccabi though to join the Garcia staff here.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I thought Garcia left Maccabi because he didn’t feel safe. His assistant was Nathan Jones.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Not quite - he'd quit Maccabi the previous month (insert tapping up theory here). He came to us along with his No2 and fitness coach. So not quite the mid-season rape / pillage that Beardo and his cohorts have inflicted on BHA.

Oh, and that appointment was made in the middle of June.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here