Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Hayes

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i have always like paul hayes when i have watched him and would be delighted if he come to us

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Denilson's scenario looks plausible. DF may have to sell Hayes to get Hume and if he prefers Hume then Hayes is on his way. Thought we were looking at Hume earlier this year?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If this is true, what do you reckon of this as his song?

Sunday, Monday it's Paul Hayes
Tuesday, Wednesday it's Paul Hayes
Thursday, Friday it's Paul Hayes
The weekend comes
The Albion have won
and hayesy has scored one (two, three add where appropriate) too.
:albion1:

Great song. Worth signing him for that alone.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Albion have rubbished reports linking them with Preston's former Scunthorpe striker Paul Hayes.

This is the last paragraph of the most recent article on the argus website how Matt Sparrow should be back in contention this week

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Albion have rubbished reports linking them with Preston's former Scunthorpe striker Paul Hayes.

This is the last paragraph of the most recent article on the argus website how Matt Sparrow should be back in contention this week

It did seem a bit of an unlikely choice. If the player can't settle across the Pennines why would he settle down here ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
So we've instantly rubbished reports about Hayes but were far more open about the Healy link.

On that evidence, if we were to sign either I would bet on Hayes :hilton:

I think there was a bit more to the Healy link but is was jst because he's played for Gus, not a lot of substance to that either as it turned out.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We are clearly still looking to enhance the squad with an experienced striker and I wouldn't rule out anyone but I would be surprised if we got someone in before January unless the selling club forced our arm with a loan-now-to-buy-later deal

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think there was a bit more to the Healy link but is was jst because he's played for Gus, not a lot of substance to that either as it turned out.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have made a bid for Paul Hayes, but its probably been turned down, or at least will wait until PNE have resolved their situation with Iain Hume, and I imagine our board would like to keep our bid secret under either scenario.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Taken from an email from a Preston supporting work associate

Well, he agreed a deal with Barnsley last week for a player exchange for Hume. As you say it is thought that Hayes was the player and then Barnsley pulled the plug.
This means both players are unhappy and maybe that’s why you’re making your move?
He’s a decent player just hasn’t settled at the club or in the area.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I feel we need to do some sort of deal for a striker very soon ie before jan as Barnes is off form.He is only 20 so perhaps needs a spell on the side lines.Our 6 pts lead could be eaten up by jan.
I would also drop Barnes this week at Posh and play Murray upfront on his own.We really need to control the midfield at Posh to stop them playing.I would be happy with a point now.Evey time Posh have lost they have bounced straight back with a win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here