Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Hayes

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
given the choice between Hayes and Healy I reckon I would favour Hayes just because he has consistently scored 1 in 4 at our level and above and has a very good assists record whereas Healy - whilst excelling in his pomp and at international level - has been out of the hurly burly of league football for a little too long for comfort. Toss a coin though - either would strengthen the squad in a key area which is what we will need to do to stay where we are

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hayes all day long for me.Healy is injury prone.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I feel for Sandaza . Because all of NSC,myself included that have seen him ,realize that at this moment the man is not ready ! Therefore we need another striker and soon, Hayles could be ,remember Gus can be quite ruthless as we have seen with Poke.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
You must be joking:shrug:

You can see his point.
An unfit Healy with a lack of match practice, and a long time since his last run of games, let alone form. Or Hayes, who fair enough hasnt started greatly this season, but got 10 goals in the Championship last year, and 17 in this division the year before?

I think i'd rather have Hayes AT THIS TIME tbh.

EDIT: :facepalm::facepalm:
Apologies, completely misread that :blush:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
If this is true, what do you reckon of this as his song?

Sunday, Monday it's Paul Hayes
Tuesday, Wednesday it's Paul Hayes
Thursday, Friday it's Paul Hayes
The weekend comes
The Albion have won
and hayesy has scored one (two, three add where appropriate) too.
:albion1:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
surely sandaza will get a decent chance before we sign anybody else?

plus holroyd is coming back in 2 months (maybe?) and don't forget Gus did sign him so must have liked what he saw when scouting him.

gus always talks about having a settled group (he hates loan signings doesn't he), so i would be surprised if anybody arrives before the window opens in the new year.

perhaps this is hayes agent linking his client with a high-flying forward looking club... can't see another championship club taking him on if he's struggled at PNE, so is trying to get his client fixed up with the better league 1 teams.

Sandtex

Sep 13, 2010
We were linked with him back in his first spell with Scunny (McGhee era?) but he ended up going to Barnsley. Always quite liked the look of him, would be an excellent addition to the squad for sure. Just hope this doesn't spell the end for Super Glenn.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We were linked with him back in his first spell with Scunny (McGhee era?) but he ended up going to Barnsley. Always quite liked the look of him, would be an excellent addition to the squad for sure. Just hope this doesn't spell the end for Super Glenn.
You will find that once we move to falmer we will be attracting high profile players anyway and we all know gus has great contacts.:thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

based on the available stats he provides more assists than Murray and scores 1 in 4 or 12 league goals a season (Murray is 1 in 3 = 15 league goals). More likely to be complementary than a replacement

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
At least Tony B. means business.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Interesting.

Sure I read something in the paper the other day that Barnsley were meant to be signing Hayes but it fell through and Darren Ferguson was having ago at Barnsley about the way it was handled.

Something along the lines Ian Hume was on loan from Barnsley at PNE, Paul Hayes is at PNE and was going to part of some (failed) swap deal.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Iain Hume tells Barnsley - I want to stay on at Preston

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 12:48 AM on 26th October 2010

Iain Hume has pleaded with Barnsley to let him stay at Preston.

The clubs have been in negotiations after Barnsley decided to recall the Canada striker from his loan spell but Preston want him to sign on a permanent deal.

Barnsley manager Mark Robins had considered a swap deal involving Preston's Paul Hayes but has changed his mind and, after Hume's plea, Preston want to strike a compromise so he can stay until January when Barnsley would receive a fee.

Hume, 26, is out of contract in the summer and Barnsley are willing to offer him new terms but he said: 'I have got a fresh lease of life at Preston and I am settled here.

'I am contracted to Barnsley until the end of the season and if they insist that I go back that is what I must do. I am hoping, however, that the two clubs can come to an arrangement.'

Iain Hume tells Barnsley - I want to stay on at Preston | Mail Online

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
So, the answer it seems:

PNE want Hume. Hume wants PNE.
PNE don't want Hayes. Hayes doesn't want PNE.
PNE wanted a swap deal, Barnsley did not.
PNE don't really want to pay for Hume.
PNE might want to pay for Hume if they sell/get rid of Hayes.

Hayes would, IMHO, be an amazing signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here