Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Hayes

FFF

Apr 3, 2010
It's worth remembering that Gus said that there is list of 10+ strikers that we are looking at.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Darren Ferguson, two weeks ago

"He's probably lost a bit of confidence recently and I also know it has taken his family a bit of time to settle here, which may have had a bearing on his form. But Paul is going to be a big player for us, he will score goals and set them up.

Unsettled family, move to a Southern club, sounds like our kind of guy!

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Just looked at his wiki page and he has socred 20 two times in league 1, could be a decent signing. Wonder where he would be in the pecking order?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hope its not the end for our Glenn. Hayes has similar attributes and scoring record.
January is the only window we can get money for Murray at present.

I very much doubt that Glenn would be considered surplus to requirements if Hayes was signed. We are still very light up front, its the one area in the squad that still needs beefing up. Hayes would be absolutely ideal in that respect to supplement what we've already got.

A Hayes / Murray front combo ? Yes please meester Gus.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Hope its not the end for our Glenn. Hayes has similar attributes and scoring record.

Hardly Glenn.... he is one of the first names on the team sheet . Just another addition to the squad . Glenn is going nowhere. WHY do people consistently keep banging on about Glenn leaving?
Its been going on for two seasons , and he is still here, probably as happy as he has ever been here, and ...GUS TRUSTS !

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Or perhaps simply showing that the club feel he is replacable, so he shouldn't get any funny ideas about contract negotiations...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I would be bloody delighted if we got him.

Another player we should be looking at is Carl Baker who isn't getting much action but did come on and score for the Sky Blues.He alone ripped us apart.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
would be a good signing and he originates from DAGENHAM not 'oop north, though I've no idea where his wife is from. If the issue is that the family can't settle in Preston I am sure Spaz will have been eulogising about life in the balmy south-east.

In fairness Baker would be another good shout to create effective competition up front and I'm sure we won't have overlooked him in our extensive searches. I'm almost equally sure that we won't be signing anyone in the next week or so and probably not before January unless our form does take a dip and the goals dry up. For now I'm going to look out the odds on Barnes to score on Saturday :thumbsup:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Would the new Southampton manager step in as well considering he had him at Scunny?

From what i gather Lambert isn't finding his form this season either.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Now this one is (a) interesting, and (b) realistic... we really do need to strengthen upfront, although Sandaza may come good... I, for one, would be very pleased if we signed Mr Hayes...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here