SUNNY SEAFORD
Sad news indeed, a great talent in his day. xxx

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Such a waste of such an awesome talent.

I have fond memories of watching him rip the Scottish defence to pieces that day in 1996, and I really think that if he'd had the dedication to go with the talent, and mamaged to stay away from the demons, he would be right up there with the best of English football.

Dandyman

In London village.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Spurs played in the Graham Mosely testimonial in April 1990, and albeit just a friendly, he looked awesome ahead of his world cup

I just watched a 2004 interview with him, on ITV.
The psych mentioned how he has loads of friends when he's up on top of the World, but when he gets depressed they all dissipate, and can't be arsed.

Rather than passing blame to his fair-weather mates, which is the easiest thing to think - it's more than likely he's a nasty person to be around when his mood swings from top-of-the-world to bottom. Drinkers and drug users tend to think they are wonderful personalities when they're liquored or dosed up, but more often - they're living behind a false perspective, and they are just utter wankers.
It starts with a few "prudes" huffing in disgust at their behavior, then snowballs until the 'wild and crazy, wonderful personality' has emptied the room, dispersed their companions and girlfriend or wife, and either got arrested or stumbled off to be sick while calling everyone names on the way. The friends start to avoid, the missus goes home to her Mother, and the centre-of-attention is left to hand out recriminations alone.

Such people are avoiding facing themselves, becoming centred and getting to know calmness and quiet in and around themselves.

I reckon 'Gazza' is one of those people.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I just watched a 2004 interview with him, on ITV.
The psych mentioned how he has loads of friends when he's up on top of the World, but when he gets depressed they all dissipate, and can't be arsed.

Rather than passing blame to his fair-weather mates, which is the easiest thing to think - it's more than likely he's a nasty person to be around when his mood swings from top-of-the-world to bottom. Drinkers and drug users tend to think they are wonderful personalities when they're liquored or dosed up, but more often - they're living behind a false perspective, and they are just utter wankers.
It starts with a few "prudes" huffing in disgust at their behavior, then snowballs until the 'wild and crazy, wonderful personality' has emptied the room, dispersed their companions and girlfriend or wife, and either got arrested or stumbled off to be sick while calling everyone names on the way. The friends start to avoid, the missus goes home to her Mother, and the centre-of-attention is left to hand out recriminations alone.

Such people are avoiding facing themselves, becoming centred and getting to know calmness and quiet in and around themselves.

I reckon 'Gazza' is one of those people.

I don't always agree with everything you say but in this instance i reckon you're probably not far off the mark. Pretty decent assessment of a wasted talent.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Very sad to see, hopefully he can pull himself together. I'll never forget the goal against the Scots in Euro 96.

:bowdown: LEGEND :bowdown:

I'll also never forget the 'flute' celebration in front of Celtic fans. Its funny, if he had made a racist statement or action based on colour of the skin, most people on here would have disowned him. Ah well, he's a loveable rogue who was good at football, eh.

I'll also never forget the 'flute' celebration in front of Celtic fans. Its funny, if he had made a racist statement or action based on colour of the skin, most people on here would have disowned him. Ah well, he's a loveable rogue who was good at football, eh.

He is a CHARACTER, and there are not enough CHARACTERS in the game any more. Apparently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here