Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Patrick Bamford cancels Palace loan...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I can't see it happening myself.

His record at Newcastle was always a bit hit and miss- his teams would go on brilliant runs, and then long dismal ones (let's hope that continues, apart from the brilliant bit).

Pardew always used to be a bit David Brent, with his motivational t-shirts and embarrassing fist-pumping reactions. Alright, he's mellowed a bit, but he's still head-butted a player in recent years, plus he appears to have something of a penchant for getting himself in creepy photos with women in nightclubs. Then there's the rumours about his "extra-curricular activities" at at least one club. The ones about him going the extra mile to keep the players' families happy...

I don't think Pardew is anywhere near corporate enough for the FA to look at. Couldn't be wrong, but I really don't see them offering him the job, ever.

Heard a few rumours about Pardew recently, the FA wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I'm just keeping my powder dry personally. I think with a superb stadium and training ground, we're on the right lines to win the long game. And one day, we will turn full circle and the Nigels will be very much second best by every single measure. Naturally you won't see Smuggie and most of his Nigel chums on here for dust, so we'll all have to go on their crap board to find them. (If we can be arsed, which come to think of it, kind of rules me out)

None of us will be on here, we will all be dead by then. Nice to dream though Simeon, oh sorry Simster. That's way more street.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Has this American investment actually gone through or is it still in the pipeline?

Despite the current gap in our relative statuses, I will still never get tired of enjoying it when things go wrong for them, and I cannot for the life of me work out how they, with all their Premier League millions, haven't managed to find a striker who can score goals for them. Especially when you have somebody like Austin available for a seemingly trifling £4m. Hopefully it's because they're the Bristol City of the PL: waving the cash around and begging players to sign (City were turned down by Zach Clough this week :lol:) only to be continually rejected :thumbsup:

Very good question regarding a striker. Not Austin though, for reasons that may or may not be true.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd have thought GOLDEN boy Eddie Howe with PRETTY Boy Tindall would be SHOE ins for the England job if Bournemouth stay up, which would be lovely, Bournemouth struggle next season and go bust and Howe EXPOSED to all the FLAK from the media week in, week out

Smug Eddie is an interesting one.

Clearly has excellent man-management skills. His players all talk about how much they enjoy his coaching, and how good he is with the personal side of life: he makes them feel wanted and secure. He also seems to really improve players, particularly those who others perhaps might not fancy a gamble on (how many other PL managers would have gone for Josh King, for example?).

There are two questions about him in my mind. Firstly, he did chuff all at Burnley (apart from sign a load of ex Bournemouth players), and then headed straight back to Dorset, albeit mainly due to personal issues. Secondly, is he able to manage the bigger talents and egos at the very top level? It's one thing convincing lower league journeymen like Tommy Elphick and Simon Francis to do what you tell them, but would he have the same degree of influence over, say, Ross Barkley or Joe Hart? I don't know the answer, but presumably that's a question that will need to be asked at some point if Howe is a true contender. I also think perhaps he wouldn't fancy the risk of failure with England, whereas at Bournemouth he's pretty much guaranteed to be a hero no matter what happens to their team. He simply can't lose there. I certainly think he's probably a better manager than Pardew, but I'm not sure either are true candidates for the England job, for differing reasons.

Anyway. Oh! Patrick Bamford. Erm....QPR. Or Boro, who are probably having a crisis of confidence now they've conceded a goal. Panic buys coming up :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
None of us will be on here, we will all be dead by then

You're probably right :lolol:

But it's the hope that keeps us all going, right? :)

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Has this American investment actually gone through or is it still in the pipeline?

Despite the current gap in our relative statuses, I will still never get tired of enjoying it when things go wrong for them, and I cannot for the life of me work out how they, with all their Premier League millions, haven't managed to find a striker who can score goals for them. Especially when you have somebody like Austin available for a seemingly trifling £4m. Hopefully it's because they're the Bristol City of the PL: waving the cash around and begging players to sign (City were turned down by Zach Clough this week :lol:) only to be continually rejected :thumbsup:

I'll try to shed some light on this Edna.
Yes, the investment has gone through, £100 mill has been deposited.
Austin has agreed a £100 k a week package with Southampton, probably more than we would pay, but I would have liked him.
Hopefully 2 forwards coming in, lots of names and rumours but who knows?
Don't think we would have to beg for strikers, that seems to be your strategy with the South Americans .
Hope your PMT clears soon . :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Austin has agreed a £100 k a week package with Southampton, probably more than we would pay, but I would have liked him.
Don't think we would have to beg for strikers, that seems to be your strategy with the South Americans .
Stay classy palace. :nono:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Fingers crossed. I'm tired of Smuggie and his boring Nigel chums coming on here and telling us exactly where it's all gone wrong for us while they just power onwards and upwards.

I'm just keeping my powder dry personally. I think with a superb stadium and training ground, we're on the right lines to win the long game. And one day, we will turn full circle and the Nigels will be very much second best by every single measure. Naturally you won't see Smuggie and most of his Nigel chums on here for dust, so we'll all have to go on their crap board to find them. (If we can be arsed, which come to think of it, kind of rules me out)

Ah smuggie , is that me ? If I remember correctly your last visit to the bbs resulted in you abusing all and sundry with a most spectacular hissy fit which really should be bumped . I think the fuse was lit over your denial of ever owning chunky knitwear ? Or something trivial . You should have kept that powder dry or maybe not :D

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now there's a contradiction....
True, but I wouldn't have expected even the most blithering of idiots to go to all that effort making a coherent response, just to blow it at the end.

Mug.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
KJ

What a disgusting individual you are.

Shame on our moderators for allowing you to continue posting on our forum.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
KJ

What a disgusting individual you are.

Shame on our moderators for allowing you to continue posting on our forum.

Well as this was directed at a mod I doubt that she is as offended as so many others are on her behalf, as she could have banned him if she so chose. :shrug:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Well as this was directed at a mod I doubt that she is as offended as so many others are on her behalf, as she could have banned him if she so chose. :shrug:

Edna is ok , she's more than able to stick up for her self without the pathetic clamour to ban a poster .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here