Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Patrick Bamford cancels Palace loan...

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Nose dived to 8th and long may their downward spiral continue.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They're trying to EMULATE us, FIVE matches without scoring now
I had to check your facts then; I didn't realise that their run was so bad! And 4 of those 5 games were against teams in the bottom 6!!

I should've guessed though. Despite our poor form, the postings from NSC's resident Nigels seems to have reduced significantly in the past couple of weeks.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I had to check your facts then; I didn't realise that their run was so bad! And 4 of those 5 games were against teams in the bottom 6!!

I should've guessed though. Despite our poor form, the postings from NSC's resident Nigels seems to have reduced significantly in the past couple of weeks.

They'll be relegated in the next 2 years.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They'll be relegated in the next 2 years.

Fingers crossed. I'm tired of Smuggie and his boring Nigel chums coming on here and telling us exactly where it's all gone wrong for us while they just power onwards and upwards.

I'm just keeping my powder dry personally. I think with a superb stadium and training ground, we're on the right lines to win the long game. And one day, we will turn full circle and the Nigels will be very much second best by every single measure. Naturally you won't see Smuggie and most of his Nigel chums on here for dust, so we'll all have to go on their crap board to find them. (If we can be arsed, which come to think of it, kind of rules me out)

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
If Roy goes after the euros, what other English manager is a better bet then Pardew ?
As much as wouldn't like it to happen, and withstanding your blue and white specs, there's no doubt he is the leading English candidate for the job.
I personally think they'll go for a "named" foreign coach

Speaks volumes about our English managers !

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fingers crossed. I'm tired of Smuggie and his boring Nigel chums coming on here and telling us exactly where it's all gone wrong for us while they just power onwards and upwards.

I'm just keeping my powder dry personally. I think with a superb stadium and training ground, we're on the right lines to win the long game. And one day, we will turn full circle and the Nigels will be very much second best by every single measure. Naturally you won't see Smuggie and most of his Nigel chums on here for dust, so we'll all have to go on their crap board to find them. (If we can be arsed, which come to think of it, kind of rules me out)

Agree with you about the long game, and I could quite easily see them decline too.

The only flaw in that plan for me is that the money in the PL these days is so utterly obscene, it's actually harder for even the crappest of clubs to fail. When AFC Bournemouth are spanking seventeen million quid on strikers, you know it's all gone a bit wrong. Yes, I know three have to come down each year, but I do fear that it'll always come down to which club has the worst owner who's happy to see things fail (e.g. Villa), whereas whatever I think of Prince Charming at Castle Greyskull, they've always appeared to have Palace's interests at heart, and wouldn't let that happen.

Let's hope their American investors screw them royally and then leave them in the shit.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Speaks volumes about our English managers !

I can't see it happening myself.

His record at Newcastle was always a bit hit and miss- his teams would go on brilliant runs, and then long dismal ones (let's hope that continues, apart from the brilliant bit).

Pardew always used to be a bit David Brent, with his motivational t-shirts and embarrassing fist-pumping reactions. Alright, he's mellowed a bit, but he's still head-butted a player in recent years, plus he appears to have something of a penchant for getting himself in creepy photos with women in nightclubs. Then there's the rumours about his "extra-curricular activities" at at least one club. The ones about him going the extra mile to keep the players' families happy...

I don't think Pardew is anywhere near corporate enough for the FA to look at. Couldn't be wrong, but I really don't see them offering him the job, ever.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Agree with you about the long game, and I could quite easily see them decline too.

The only flaw in that plan for me is that the money in the PL these days is so utterly obscene, it's actually harder for even the crappest of clubs to fail. When AFC Bournemouth are spanking seventeen million quid on strikers, you know it's all gone a bit wrong. Yes, I know three have to come down each year, but I do fear that it'll always come down to which club has the worst owner who's happy to see things fail (e.g. Villa), whereas whatever I think of Prince Charming at Castle Greyskull, they've always appeared to have Palace's interests at heart, and wouldn't let that happen.

Let's hope their American investors screw them royally and then leave them in the shit.
Don't fear. The Americans won't have put millions of dollars of their money in for the love of Palace.

Their track record of sports team ownership seems to be very poor as far as results are concerned, and they seem to have had an immediate effect on Palace's.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's widely thought that the NBA commissioner got so fed up with palace's new investors basketball team being so intentionally bad, that he stepped in and demanded they appoint a creditable coaching set up.

Meaning that their team, the 'Sixers, have this season now won a dizzying 5 of the 41 league games played.
(They won 18 of 82 last season, 19 the season before)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Has this American investment actually gone through or is it still in the pipeline?

Despite the current gap in our relative statuses, I will still never get tired of enjoying it when things go wrong for them, and I cannot for the life of me work out how they, with all their Premier League millions, haven't managed to find a striker who can score goals for them. Especially when you have somebody like Austin available for a seemingly trifling £4m. Hopefully it's because they're the Bristol City of the PL: waving the cash around and begging players to sign (City were turned down by Zach Clough this week :lol:) only to be continually rejected :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here