Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pat Saward's Brighton - please describe the players!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Some of these players can be seen in the pics in the north Stand, including Tony Burns in the mud!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I remember that really well FG? was unconscious for what seemed absolutely ages but the Walsall players kept the ball for an eternity as they tried to get into a position to put a shot into our empty net. He was treated again but collapsed once more and then Spearitt went in goal I think.

Well I think it was Walsall and Spearitt . Maybe I don't remember it that well. Lol.

I would have been about 9 at the time, but i thought i remember clearly them giving Sidebotham a cigarette after they had bought him round. He was then on his haunches, smoking the cigarette when he simply rolled over and passed out again. Tell me my memory isn't playing tricks.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think it was more likely one of those smelling salts in a stick like thing, which would have looked like a ciggy.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Tony Towner, if I remember rightly, made his debut in the match that broke our long losing run in the 2nd div. and was always a 100% for the Albion. Gave a great performance in the game at Spurs when we drew 0-0.

Towner was brought in after we lost 13 in a row and he played great. I think we won 2-0 but that's all I remember.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here